Week-Break during DAT studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

Plan on taking it this summer but I have a week-long commitment that won't let me study for about 6 days. I was planning on starting studying mid may and ending mid July, 6 or so hours per day. Would (in your opinion!!) this break (last week of June) throw off anything??
I was thinking that otherwise I could schedule it maybe end of July to give me another month, OR, start studying 3 hours or so per day in April then take the test the day before I leave to my "thing". Would this little sprinkled studying not be too efficient, seeing as though it's during school.

I'd like to hear your opinions on this rather than "up to you" responses. Also, I'm a sophomore if that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think 6 days off is going to be detrimental. If it's possible try to set aside a little bit of time during that break to keep things fresh, but you should be fine even if that's not possible. Worst case scenario, if you come back from the break and you feel a bit behind, just move your test date back to make up for it. You're a sophomore and I assume you won't be applying until next year, so it doesn't matter whether you take the exam in June/July/August, as long as you're ready. I think studying over the summer is preferable to starting during the semester in April.

Reactions: 1 users
I took a week off during my DAT studying for vacation and I do not think it hurt me at all Just plan accordingly for missing a week so you are able to cover everything. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
6 days off won't be a big deal like others have said. I took over a month off from studying gen chem so that I could focus on other subjects (not recommended) but was still able to recall most of the concepts when I went back to review it during my studying. I wouldn't recommend starting your studying until you're completely done with your finals. Also, since you're a sophomore, you have the luxury of giving yourself the whole summer to study, from May to middle or end of August since you're not applying this summer. I know it sounds daunting but you'll see that it was more than worth it when you take your test.

6 days off won't be a big deal like others have said. I took over a month off from studying gen chem so that I could focus on other subjects (not recommended) but was still able to recall most of the concepts when I went back to review it during my studying. I wouldn't recommend starting your studying until you're completely done with your finals. Also, since you're a sophomore, you have the luxury of giving yourself the whole summer to study, from May to middle or end of August since you're not applying this summer. I know it sounds daunting but you'll see that it was more than worth it when you take your test.

Okay I agree with this. I think I'll just take my time instead of trying to rush it in order to get a few weeks of work in. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You're planning on studying a lot consecutively for it. I think 6 days off might actually help you in the long run