Weekend crash spine injection course for PCPs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C Fiber

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
These guys have been around for years training PCPs to do potentially lethal injections. PCPs have less skill and training than even CRNAs, that also should not be doing these injections. Wait until the lawsuits start happening to PCPs that think they are fully capable of doing these injections in their office...

Read the website and you'll find that none other than a board certified anesthesiologist is teaching the PCPs these things.

Yet another example of MDAs selling out their profession for quick money.

I really dont get it. This guy could be making 350k in a nice position, but no thats not enough. Instead he has to sell out his profession for an extra 100k per year.

I dont understand why MDAs are so freaking greedy. You dont see surgeons selling out their specialty for an extra 100k per year.

Members don't see this ad :)
i love this part..... "Typical Medicare reimbursement for multiple lumbar facet injections approximates $800 and when performed under fluoroscopic guidance...."

When performed under fluoro?!?!?!? Lets tell them to just do it blind.

Let's all contact Jack Berger....The program's chief instructor is Jack Berger, MD who is a Board Certified Anesthesiologist with fellowship certification in Pain Management. Dr. Berger has instructed nationally and is a renowned speaker and instructor.

T

"The program’s chief instructor is Jack Berger, MD who is a Board Certified Anesthesiologist with fellowship certification in Pain Management. Dr. Berger has instructed nationally and is a renowned speaker and instructor. He is very well liked among the Empire faculty and is a favorite instructor with our physician attendees. As this program provides much one on one interaction with faculty, group sizes will remain small."

Ridiculous...

what is the solution to this? do we need stronger lobbying directly to the insurance companies to reimburse only BC/BE pain physicians? if so, AAPM boarded or only ABMS boarded?

I am sure they have a disclaimer saying one course is not enough to be proficient and that additional training would be recommended.