Weill Cornell Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soh5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to the Weill Cornell Summer Travelers Fellowship? I recently got my acceptance letter for this summer!!! :thumbup: I am really excited to actually study and research at Cornell!!! Anyone know anything about Olin Hall? I've never been to NYC, let alone be on an airplane so this should be an interesting experience. Are there any people that know anything about Cornell Medical School?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any people that know anything about Cornell Medical School?

Tut, tut. Poor form. Sandy Weill didn't spend money on this place to increase his social cachet so you could sully his name by omission (even if only once). Leave the sullying to federal prosecutors and accounting regulators. You've been warned: next time you'll find yourself mining marble in Qatar.

Enjoy the summer. And the adjacent construction. With accompanying jackhammers.

Hope that Helps.

P 'Long Live Citigroup Med' ShankOut

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the program back in 1999. Olin Hall from what I remember was a dump, but they were doing renovations. There are several summer programs going on at the same time, but they separate the students (we were on the top floor and loved partying on the roof ;)). I absolutely loved living in NYC for the summer. I grew up in the Bronx, but did not spend much time in Manhattan until my latter years of high school. It was a great experience - the clinical tutors (well not all of them) were awesome, the seminars were great (public health, careers in medicine, etc.), met great people from all over the US and Puerto Rico, some of which I still keep in touch with, and we took a mini-med school course in cardiovascular phys, complete with a midterm and final. So this program is not just research, and I have no regrets about doing it.

If you want more specific information, just let me know.

I did the program back 2002. It was a lot of fun. you will love being in new york. Cornell is in a nice location that is quiet (except for the construction) and clean but still close enough to all the fun ammenities new york has to offer. The research thing is variable - you can do straight lab research or clinical research, depending on who they match you up with. You could be very busy or do almost nothing at all (like me). If you are thinking about going to cornell for med school, it is a great way to get to know professors and administrators and people on the admissions committee. The rooms at Olin hall are tiny and the common kitchens on each floor are dirty and dont have enough room in the refrigerator. The stipend is just enough so that you can eat out every day and have a little left to go out on the weekend. The best part about the program is the people - they are a lot of fun, the program assistants are really cool, and you will keep in touch after you leave. The cardiovascular course isnt too tough and gives you a good idea of what you will have to learn when you get to med school.

RLMD said:
I did the program back 2002. It was a lot of fun. you will love being in new york. Cornell is in a nice location that is quiet (except for the construction) and clean but still close enough to all the fun ammenities new york has to offer. The research thing is variable - you can do straight lab research or clinical research, depending on who they match you up with. You could be very busy or do almost nothing at all (like me). If you are thinking about going to cornell for med school, it is a great way to get to know professors and administrators and people on the admissions committee. The rooms at Olin hall are tiny and the common kitchens on each floor are dirty and dont have enough room in the refrigerator. The stipend is just enough so that you can eat out every day and have a little left to go out on the weekend. The best part about the program is the people - they are a lot of fun, the program assistants are really cool, and you will keep in touch after you leave. The cardiovascular course isnt too tough and gives you a good idea of what you will have to learn when you get to med school.

What's the deal with the construction?

When does it end?