Weird email from Loma Linda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwillison

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from LLU. I interviewed there but never heard back from them. This is what the email said:
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear jwillison,
Ordinary people, choosing to act, and helping others in need—that is the spirit of Loma Linda University... (it goes on for a good paragraph that explains all the good points about the school) Then is says:

....We look forward to welcoming you into our educational and spiritual family.
For more information about Loma Linda University that includes a list of degrees offered and how to apply, visit llu.edu/explore.

LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY | Office of Enrollment
11139 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, California 92350
office (909) 558-8161
·fax (909) 558-7967
[email protected] | www.llu.edu/explore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody else get this email? It's just weird because it says nothing about dental school and it's a generic letter that seems like it should be going to potential undergraduates. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Members don't see this ad.

It is just a "spam". I withdrew my application a long time ago but received the same email today.

I received that same email, but I was accepted on Dec. 3rd....weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is a little odd...it probably has nothing to do with your dental application?
my guess would be that they got a list of e-mails from people who were interested in the school at one point (not necessarily just pre-dents) and just sent those people an e-mail about LLU and their programs?

weird e-mail...

What a lame time to choose to send this email. I got all excited for a little bit there. I would love to go to this school. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I got the same email today also. I was denied in November I think. It is for their other programs they offer, not at all for the dental program. I too agree what a poor time to be sending this email to those interviewed hopefuls.

Just keep smiling-maybe it will still come!

Yeah I almost freaked out for joy when I saw that email, then saw what it was and was sad. :lame:

that is a little odd...it probably has nothing to do with your dental application?
my guess would be that they got a list of e-mails from people who were interested in the school at one point (not necessarily just pre-dents) and just sent those people an e-mail about LLU and their programs?

weird e-mail...

nevermind, i got the e-mail too (just saw it in my SPAM inbox) hahah SPAM!