weird interview invite pattern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BleachBleach

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied to 10 schools and got interviews at my top 3 choices. i haven't heard a thing from my bottom 7. really really weird. and i didn't submit the lower tier schools later or anything, and i don't think i did their secondaries significantly more poorly.

is this a common thing? are lower tier schools slower?

hmmmmmmmmm...

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to 10 schools and got interviews at my top 3 choices. i haven't heard a thing from my bottom 7. really really weird. and i didn't submit the lower tier schools later or anything, and i don't think i did their secondaries significantly more poorly.

is this a common thing? are lower tier schools slower?

hmmmmmmmmm...

troll much?

Members don't see this ad :)
the whole thing can just seem pretty random from our end. i have some pretty random invites myself. don't read into it too much and just be grateful for whatever you get.

my interview pattern is pretty consistent. Cold and Snowy, Cold and Snowy and Cold and Snowy. I want fall, winter, spring, summer not winter spring!

i have to admit i'm experiencing a similar thing. top choice schools got back to me with invitations within a few weeks of secondary submission, but lower tier schools have still sent nothing almost two months later.

i have to admit i'm experiencing a similar thing. top choice schools got back to me with invitations within a few weeks of secondary submission, but lower tier schools have still sent nothing almost two months later.

they just want your money when you submit their secondaries...