Weird premed schedule for Spring 2014, what do you guys think.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txrhyne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a Mechanical Engineering Student who goes to Georgia Tech. I was considering switching out of engineering before but I have a scholarship that runs out at 127 hours so it would be too expensive for me to switch out, so I will tough it through.

I have decided to just stick the premed requirements into my schedule(1 year of physics and gen chem done already).

So this spring I am going to take two Biology courses so I can take the mcat before it changes this summer.

These are the two bio courses and a really brief outline of what the cover.

BIO 1510-Biological Principals-5 total "overarching themes"
------------------------------------------
Evolution,Ecology,Molecules Membranes and Metabolism, Genetics, and Biomedicine

BIO 1520-Organismal Bio
--------------------------------------------
Biodiversity,Growth and Reproduction,Chemical and Electrical Signals, Nutrition and Transport, Materials Balance

I am also going to take fluid mechanics and Organic Chemistry on top of this. I don't think the course load is going to be that bad(My engineering courses take up a lot of time too).

Do you think that taking two bio courses at the same time is a good idea based on your experience with these types of courses(Im ok with two labs at once, I did it last semester and it wasnt a problem).

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I am taking the MCAT this summer. Also In the summer I am going to to be taking a light load(orgo 2, Synth Lab, and system dynamics). I don't have to worry about working so believe it or not I actually have enough time for a social life(except test weeks of course haha).

EDIT:Bumping thread

Last edited: