Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Weird question: glasses or no glasses for interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FlySi80, Sep 9, 2002.

1. FlySi80

FlySi80 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

It may be a vain attempt at looking as nerdy as possible, but the thing is I look better w/o glasses. :cool:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    do you wear contacts? i think that your vision is the most important thing here...

4. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in, but make sure you can still see. The interviewer is going to be more interested in what you have to say than how you look as long as you look nice and professional.

5. silvercholla

silvercholla Smarter than the avg bear
    7+ Year Member

If you can see without them then do whatever is comfortable for you, BUT if you have problems seeing then wear them, I don't think it would look to good if you squinted at your interviewer throughout the interview process:D

6. FlySi80

FlySi80 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't wear contacts, although I plan on getting a pair soon. The last time I checked, my vision was 130/20 left, 200/20 right. Yea it's not too great, but I'm approximating that the distance between my blind eyes and the interviewer would be no more than 6-7 feet, so I shouldn't have any trouble seeing him. Hell, maybe it's a good thing to see the interviewer in a blur since then I wouldn't be able to see the frowns and the intense dislike on his face. :mad:

7. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    if that's your vision, then by all means wear glasses. maybe you could get through the actual interview part okay (but you couldn't read facial expressions), but what are you going to do on the tour? walk into walls? i think that just wearing your glasses is much better than stumbling around or keep taking them on and off. lots of doctors wear glasses. it's fine.:cool:

8. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

stop the madness.

9. mws99

mws99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ditto. You are blind, wear glasses.

10. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

I actually read a study about how "bigger eyes" tend to make people more receptive toward them. IF your glasses make your eyes look really small.....oh nevermind. We're all being so vain!! I personally have hard contacts and glasses. There was no way in hell I would have worn my hard contacts to an interview because I have very long lashes that almost always go into my eye and cause me to have irritation. But, this is the first month I'm wearing soft ones and they are a DREAM!!! If you don't want to wear glasses, at least make sure you have soft contacts. I heard about a girl who wore hard ones and when her eye was irritated, all the mascara ran down her face.

Way to make the interviewer remember you! LOL

11. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm going to wear X-ray glasses because I'm more comfortable talking to people when I can visualize them naked.

12. unregistered

unregistered Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That made me laugh out loud-one of those good belly laughs you don't get to have very often....thanks!

13. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

funny you should ask...i've been trying out those 30 day/night contacts (i normally wear the daily ones, but i'd been sleeping in them by accident for days on end and my eye doctor freaked and told me to try these...) and today started to have some problems with them....of course, my first interview is TOMORROW! :( so, now i'm stuck in glasses at least until tomorrow morning, when i get to put in my contacts and hope for the best in terms of my eyes not reacting. i'm bringing along my glasses in case they do freak out, but...it's annoying. i like being able to see everywhere in focus!! :)

14. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

being a person who has never had to wear any form of sight correction, i would wear the glasses, but thats just me.

15. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was actually thinking about wearing glasses instead of contacts as I usually do. I thought glasses might look more intelligent, and I think most doctors I know wear glasses.

By the way, I too have been wearing the 30 day contacts and they are certainly the best contacts I've ever had. I highly recommend them. I only wear them for about a week at a time and then take them out for 24 hours. Still, I get much less eye fatigue.

16. the*mess

the*mess Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Glasses or no glasses?

Yes.

Next question.