Weird question: glasses or no glasses for interview?

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status
Attending Physician
do you wear contacts? i think that your vision is the most important thing here...

hokiedoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in, but make sure you can still see. The interviewer is going to be more interested in what you have to say than how you look as long as you look nice and professional.

silvercholla

Smarter than the avg bear
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 22, 2002
New York
www.geocities.com
Status
If you can see without them then do whatever is comfortable for you, BUT if you have problems seeing then wear them, I don't think it would look to good if you squinted at your interviewer throughout the interview process:D

FlySi80

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Status
I don't wear contacts, although I plan on getting a pair soon. The last time I checked, my vision was 130/20 left, 200/20 right. Yea it's not too great, but I'm approximating that the distance between my blind eyes and the interviewer would be no more than 6-7 feet, so I shouldn't have any trouble seeing him. Hell, maybe it's a good thing to see the interviewer in a blur since then I wouldn't be able to see the frowns and the intense dislike on his face. :mad:

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status
Attending Physician
if that's your vision, then by all means wear glasses. maybe you could get through the actual interview part okay (but you couldn't read facial expressions), but what are you going to do on the tour? walk into walls? i think that just wearing your glasses is much better than stumbling around or keep taking them on and off. lots of doctors wear glasses. it's fine.:cool:

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
I actually read a study about how "bigger eyes" tend to make people more receptive toward them. IF your glasses make your eyes look really small.....oh nevermind. We're all being so vain!! I personally have hard contacts and glasses. There was no way in hell I would have worn my hard contacts to an interview because I have very long lashes that almost always go into my eye and cause me to have irritation. But, this is the first month I'm wearing soft ones and they are a DREAM!!! If you don't want to wear glasses, at least make sure you have soft contacts. I heard about a girl who wore hard ones and when her eye was irritated, all the mascara ran down her face.

Way to make the interviewer remember you! LOL

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm going to wear X-ray glasses because I'm more comfortable talking to people when I can visualize them naked.

unregistered

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by mws99
Ditto. You are blind, wear glasses.
That made me laugh out loud-one of those good belly laughs you don't get to have very often....thanks!

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
funny you should ask...i've been trying out those 30 day/night contacts (i normally wear the daily ones, but i'd been sleeping in them by accident for days on end and my eye doctor freaked and told me to try these...) and today started to have some problems with them....of course, my first interview is TOMORROW! :( so, now i'm stuck in glasses at least until tomorrow morning, when i get to put in my contacts and hope for the best in terms of my eyes not reacting. i'm bringing along my glasses in case they do freak out, but...it's annoying. i like being able to see everywhere in focus!! :)

owen_osh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
Status
I was actually thinking about wearing glasses instead of contacts as I usually do. I thought glasses might look more intelligent, and I think most doctors I know wear glasses.

By the way, I too have been wearing the 30 day contacts and they are certainly the best contacts I've ever had. I highly recommend them. I only wear them for about a week at a time and then take them out for 24 hours. Still, I get much less eye fatigue.