Weird stuff from Michigan - Looks like AMCAS finally getting it together

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an email from U of Mich.
It was like a bounced email but I never sent anything to them. Oh well, so I went to their site and did a few things, and it turns out they have all my coursework information!!! That means there HAS to be some transmission occuring b/c they already had all of it there without me doing anything :)
WOOHOO!
AMCAS is finally getting it together!

Members don't see this ad.

do you mind if i ask how to get to that website? thanks :)

can someone please post this email from michigan.....i'm just interested to see what they are planning on doing. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the email from Michigan also directing me to their online secondary.

The email stated that "we have received your AMCAS application." I seriously doubt this is true, its probably just a form email that they are recycling from last year.

I say this because I checked the AMCAS online printout and it does not have a date transmitted next to Michigan.

Scooby,

I went to their online secondary, but didnt see anything about coursework. Where did you see your coursework listed?

UPDATE:

I just checked the Michigan online secondary and THEY DO HAVE ALL MY COURSEWORK LISTED!

I was completely surprised to see this. However, I do not have a date transmitted next to Michigan in AMCAS.

Maybe they simply mailed our applications to Michigan scooby? Do you have a date transmitted for Michigan on your AMCAS printout?

I know I have not mailed them my primary AMCAS so AMCAS must have either mailed Michigan our coursework or transmitted it electronically (doubtful).

Did anybody else get this email?

I also applied to Mich but I haven't received any emails from them yet.

One school (Duluth) told me on the phone that they have been receiving a few printed copies of AMCAS apps each day DIRECTLY FROM AMCAS, so they probably sent some people's right to the schools. I think this may be a bad sign, but at least schools are getting a few apps.

Just found out that my application was transmitted electronically to Michigan. Havent heard from any other schools, however. There might be technical problems with some of hte schools receiving electronic AMCAS submissions.

Last year Michigan only gave secondaries to people who passed an initial screening. They also did not have an online secondary. I don't know if they're still doing an initial screening, but if so, then you folks who got invitations to complete the secondary are past the first hurdle with an awesome school.

Woohoo :)
yea, it said to enter our AMCAS ID number and all that. The email was weird b/c it was like they had bounced an email off their own address and sent it back to me. Have you completed their secondary yet Baylor? You always seem to be so on top of things. I just noticed on my app that it says date certified of 07/01 and then date submitted 07/01 and then it says date processed of 07/21...i don't know..maybe that is old news to everyone.. They have my MCATs fully listed now at least :)

Scooby,

Yeah my email was weird also. It actually came from an AMCAS server but got bounced off of the director of admissions at Michigan and sent to me.

I think its a bug in the AWS software (that the med school uses for electronic transmission). Supposedly it allows the med school to automatically launch an SMTP email to the applicant, but I guess its not working quite right.

I havent finished the online secondary yet, right now i'm working on some other schools. Probably get to Michigan in a couple of days or so.

Scooby and Baylor...when did you submit your AMCAS applications? I also applied to U Mich and have not heard anything from them. Even if they are screening the AMCAS stuff, I'm pretty sure I should get a secondary. I'm hoping it's cuz mine was submitted later and they're still processing...

Originally posted by Aoshi:
•Scooby and Baylor...when did you submit your AMCAS applications? I also applied to U Mich and have not heard anything from them. Even if they are screening the AMCAS stuff, I'm pretty sure I should get a secondary. I'm hoping it's cuz mine was submitted later and they're still processing...•

I checked the Michigan web site, and it doesnt say anything about screening before letting you complete the secondary.

I submitted on June 29th, certified on June 29th, processed on July 21st.

Has your app completed processing yet? Does it have marks next to all your courses?

Aoshi--I'm feeling the same exact way. My AMCAS doesn't have grades certified yet, though, so I'm thinking we don't need to worry, because I'm also reasonably sure I'd get one if they were screening (sorry if that sounds bad; maybe I'm just ignorant enough to be optimisitic ? ::shrug:: )http://www.studentdoctor.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif