Weirdest Thing with UCLA~ Never heard of this before..damn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lonelydds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview with UCLA December 5th..
I've been waiting for their final decision and finally called today to check..
I got the weirdest response...
I'm not accepted, I'm not rejected..nor am I waitlisted..
they just couldn't make any decision for me after the first interview...
:confused::confused::confused:

Soooooooooooooo
I have to go through a second interview.. in January..:eek:
never heard of this before.. very weird..:confused::confused:

What is going on? Who likes me and who doesn't like me?
maybe the committee likes my numbers but the interviewer hated me?
or the committee hates me but the interviewer wanted me bad?
or they both hate me but my numbers and recs are too good to turn down?
then why wouldn't they just put me on the waitlist?

man.. I have to dryclean my suits again.. T.T...

Members don't see this ad.

Man that's weird. Atleast your not rejected yet ! Do you mind if i ask you what your stats are and if your a cali resident?

Your interviewer perhaps needed a second opinion to ensure that you are a good candidate. Try your best to nail the second interview although the best thing you can hope for now is being waitlisted, I think.

Btw, what are your "too good numbers"?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a cali resident, UCLA is my alma mater
graduated suma cum laude from UCLA
DAT is far above UCLA average

I'm a cali resident, UCLA is my alma mater
graduated suma cum laude from UCLA
DAT is far above UCLA average

Nice. It must be 3.87+/25+ then. GL!

I had interview at UCLA before, but they placed me on the waitlist. I am so jealous that you have the second chance to have another interview. I wish I have one too!!!!! Good Luck!

i never heard of second interview before. interesting.

I think you are a rare case. They probably couldn't get over your stats and they knew you were local..so they called you in again. I think the best thing for you to do is make sure your interview skills are up to par. You didn't make a good enough impression the first time, but you still have a huge chance! go for it!!

i am sorry to hear that. i had my interview on dec 5th as well. there was a girl who waited for her interviewer to show up until 2 pm, and most ppl there finished at 1:30. i certainly hope you are not that unfortunate soul...

anyway, things might be a bit disorganized that day. i wish you good luck!

I think it's a good sign. They wouldn't re-review unless they felt there was a serious chance you could attend. Also, I don't think it has to be mentioned that you should definitely treat this like a "first" interview and meet it will enthusiasm:)

I think it's a good sign too. I assume that they just want to get to know you better. Just ace the interview. Good Luck!!

that someone was rejected after the second interview like you.

However, I think you have a good chance, and the only thing you have to do is to rock that interview! :luck: