welcome to hell columbia SDOS 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

new york blows

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
columbia blows

its' gonna be 4 years of hell for you

yea, it's pass and fail now

go thank the 3rd year student council mark and kat for their effort on that and not doing anything for their class.

if i were you, and you are on some waiting list of some other school, call them up, see if you can go there

first year is not so bad, wait til you get to second year when hell break lose

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Chen:

What blows about Columbia? Ironically, when I dd a search on columbia during applications last year I found various threads, like yours, just hating the school. Can you give me examples, so I can tell my buddies applying to SDOS this year about your views? (and positive ones, of course).

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ItsGavinC
So then perhaps it isn't irony? :D

yea, how is it ironic?

i guess i am not the only one who hates this place.

but i am just here to tell MY TRUE "PERSONAL" FEELINGS

if other people like this place, it's their opinion

why this place suck?
it just does

no one cares about you

Mr. Blows, do you want someone to hold your hands and make sure you wash them after you pee? I don't know what you want from your dental school, but if you honestly think that Columbia doesn't care about their student's you're wrong...otherwise they wouldn't have switch from grading to H/P/F so quickly. I know that our class pres worked really hard at getting this and did quite a lot of research on this topic and got it switched within one year.

if you really want to see things changed at this school why don't you go out and actually put some action into whatever it is that you don't like about the school...start picking up the doggie poop if that's going to make you any happier about living in NYC.
I remember going to UCSF for one week for some dental thing...and I remember complaining about how people were so inconsiderate and didn't pick up after their dogs...but you can't blame the school for that.

Originally posted by new york blows
yea, how is it ironic?

It's ironic cuz all my buddies who are applying to dental school Columbia is their dream school, however people are posting otherwise.

Yes, it is all about attitude. You make most of what fate throws at you. Two types of people 1.) who complain 2.) those who take what they have and make the most of it.

Simple, eh?

DesiDentist

I again agree with Mr. Blows!

NYC is not for everyone, especially Columbia SDOS. Even I, who grew up in NYC didn't want to attend Columbia at first because I knew what kind of area washington heights was. (if it was stuck to the undergraduate campus then it would have been a differnt story)

As Desi already knows I had my mind set on UPenn. But funny thing happened... I realized I was running away. From what? From Columbia. weird huh? In deed it was... so i changed my mind.

It's the challenge that makes everything fun. isn't it? :confused:

ny blows,

so are u just mad because you don't get to have H/P/F grading system?

or does sdos really blows? (i'm going to sdos this fall)

please share all the negative aspects about sdos. i wanna know what i'll be facing. (academically, location, life, food, etc.)

please don't include dog poop...

Originally posted by emporio
ny blows,

so are u just mad because you don't get to have H/P/F grading system?

or does sdos really blows? (i'm going to sdos this fall)

please share all the negative aspects about sdos. i wanna know what i'll be facing. (academically, location, life, food, etc.)

please don't include dog poop...

am i mad that i don't get pass fail?

the third year class IS THE REASON YOU HAVE PASS FAIL

don't be an ass and be sarcastic

you think the school just all of the sudden decided to change?

since you gonna be here, you will find out why it blows

hmm.. being an ass and sarcastic??
what's with the attitude?
i just got an impression that you're mad about the HPF system. read what u wrote. that's all. wasn't trying to be sarcastic.
i guess you're one those *******es who whine about everything... sorry to hear you hate sdos that much.
i think u are an unhappy camper wherever you go.

Go Columbia Cannibals, where our favorite tooth is the canine!!

Mr. Blows...
I don't know about you, but that 40 plus that 100 plus that 3 trips I took out to NY was totally worth it in finalizing my choice of going to Columbia :)
Just to clear things up, our class or at least our Pres did a lot in pushing the H/P/F...and I would definately give him the most credit...I'm sure every year worked really hard for it but I know he constantly was working on pushing for that. :) (just want to give credit to where credit's due)
EMPRIO~ I think if you're going to be bitter about life and how difficult school is, then you're going to have a horrible time at columbia or anywhere you go. I'm from Ca...and at first I really hated the cold (and still do) weather and hated how I couldn't drive...but there's a lot of plus in that too...I'm totally loving it in NY. I am such great times w/ my classmmates and have made some great friends :) I hope you don't get discourage by these other people who's probably just bitter cause they're not at the top of their class. :) Just have fun and don't worry too much bout getting Honors :)

thanks for the input stargirl