Welcome.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mugpot

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the Dental Forum at IMSL. I'm Dr. Dick Scherf, a general dentist in Dover, New Hampshire. Your webmaster and owner, Nancy Sween, has graciously opened this forum for dental students and pre-dent college students. Feel free to discuss dental issues ranging from how to get in to dental school to, of course, how to get out. (That is, how to find a job!)
Every comment is welcome; make them cogent, inciteful, intelligent, germane, witty, etc. You know what I mean...
Have fun!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. Haha bumping the first thread for the hell of it.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
66207.adapt.768.1.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
Back when nobody forgot about Dre.

Reactions: 4 users
And to think I was 4 when this thread was posted. I was probably just sucking my thumb minding my own business with no clue how valuable this place would be for me in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
In a few years, SDN will be older than the applicants using it. That's so strange

Reactions: 4 users
I was 4 too. Crazy to think about.

What?! I thought you were much older. You got a bright future ahead of you :)
Feels weird for me being older than the average here... I don't... feel older. I will always be an 8th grader at heart. :joyful:

I was a junior in high school. Had to buy "internet cards" to pay for connection to World Wide Web by hour..."up to" an amazing 56Kb per second! It was actually 12Kb tho...and if the ISP line wasn't busy.

Just turned 22 this week! Thank you. It's always strange to ask people how old they were when certain music was popular, when the Red Sox broke the curse, when 9/11 happened, etc. It really is crazy to think about how even small differences in age chance perspective on major life events.

Yeah dude, 7th to 9th grade was the perfect time for irresponsibility and fun/not caring about school. Those were the days.
22 REPRESENT! Pretty anti-climatic compared to 21 though.

We're gonna make it till at least 110- guaranteed.
I'd be surprised if I make it to 80. So in that case I agree with @Scumbag_Steve I'm over a quarter dead. That being said I have learned of a classmate who will be 55 when school starts. DANG!

That being said I have learned of a classmate who will be 55 when school starts. DANG!
Get out of here. How is that even financially worth it? Retire in ~11 years after graduating?

Last edited:
Get out of here. How is that even financially worth it? Retire in ~11 yeats after graduating?

No silly, he's just there to pick up chicks.

Reactions: 1 users
Get out of here. How is that even financially worth it? Retire in ~11 years after graduating?
Yeah I don't know. Maybe they have a lot of money and are set for retirement but want to help their community? One of my theories is that they are from a rural area and the dentist in the area is about to retire and they figured they would be the best to fit the vacancy.