Well, AAMC 9 just kicked me in the jimmy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time ever below a 9 on VR, and worst score ever.

My confidence is at an all time high! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

dont tell me that! i am taking 9 tomorrow and verbal is my weakest. im scared

MJB said:
First time ever below a 9 on VR, and worst score ever.

My confidence is at an all time high! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

ahh...its ok. that happened to me too today on a different AAMC exam. i consistently get 10s or 11s and then boom, OUCH. hopefully it was just a fluke for both of us!!!

Just trying to figure out where to go from here...

I'm punishing myself and staying home from the lake to do some problems that I didn't get to and to go over this test...

Thinking very seriously about just chucking everything and clearing my mind before the test...

Members don't see this ad :)
MJB said:
Just trying to figure out where to go from here...

I'm punishing myself and staying home from the lake to do some problems that I didn't get to and to go over this test...

Thinking very seriously about just chucking everything and clearing my mind before the test...
I did the worst on AAMC 9 verbal also. Those passages/questions were more difficult than the other AAMC tests and I ran out of time.

Hah, AAMC 9 is my last practice exam I'm taking. I will take it this Sunday. Thanks for the confidence booster! :p

WilliamsF1 said:
Hah, AAMC 9 is my last practice exam I'm taking. I will take it this Sunday. Thanks for the confidence booster! :p

Taking er tommorrow.... lol
Generally it seems like I've heard more good than bad though....
So there is still hope! lol

I honestly have no idea what happened...I did poorly on VR on this one in comparison to the other 6 Full length practices I've taken.

There was one passage I remember barely being able to read...and as luck would have it, I think there were a bunch of questions with it.

Figured out the problem...all about timing..I did just fine until the last 3 passages...took too much time on one of the 3rd or 4th ones and it left me with no time on the last 2...resulting in missing 15 of the last 17 questions...that left a mark!

I took it yesterday. I had a problem with the verbal too...7! Much lower than my EK tests.

Can people improve 3-4 pts in one week? I'm still not quite where I want to be at, and bio can stand to go up some more too!

Is it just me or the AAMC practice tests getting increasingly more difficult? I'm on my lunch break after the pt #9 verbal section and I swear I was reading jiberish. Wish me luck on bio :confused:

ok so after consistently scoring 11 and 12 in verbal the last little while... aamc 9 was a wake up call...

also my computer has a virus which selective ate my answers to 6 bio questions strangely enough...

If any one has the answers to AAMC 9 165,172,185,186,209,210

I'd be eternally grateful as right now I'm sitting on an 11 with only one mark to spare lol not knowing is killing me

Verbal was swell for me- second 12've I've scored...

It was the PS & BS that beat the crap out of me....

I guess it didn't kick me in the jimmy so hard since I scored the same on it as I did on the last practice I took (3R) and how I did on the real deal april 05. :(

9r PS:9, VR:10, BS:10 (29)

To many this score may seem low :rolleyes: ...but its my best so far!!! Thirty here I come!!! :D