Well I took the DAT... and the worst case scenario did NOT happen :)

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I took the DAT today. I did NOT get a 16 AA! I promise to post a breakdown of scores this weekend, but I am using tonight and tomorrow to celebrate and relax! I would like to ask about one section, though... these are my scores:

AA 21 :soexcited:
TS 21 :love:
Bio 20
GC 21
OC 22
RC22
QR18
...PAT 17 :inpain:

I have approximately a 3.5 cGPA and 3.3 sGPA... does that PAT score require a retake?

Last edited:

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I hope not! I'm awful at PAT too don't worry. Congrats! Glad I'm the first one to congratulate you! Nice and consistent scores for the most part!!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi everyone,

I took the DAT today. I did NOT get a 16 AA! I promise to post a breakdown of scores this weekend, but I am using tonight and tomorrow to celebrate and relax! I would like to ask about one section, though... these are my scores:

AA 21 :soexcited:
TS 21 :love:
Bio 20
GC 21
OC 22
RC22
QR18
...PAT 17 :inpain:

I have approximately a 3.5 cGPA and 3.3 sGPA... does that PAT scores require a retake?
:claps::claps::claps:Hooray!!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeee! I am sooo happy for you. You put in a lot of hard work. Don't worry about the PAT, retake for PAT, NEVER. Love those science and reading scores! Not to mention your QR score, you were worried but pulled it off. :soexcited:

Get some rest, you deserve it.

Take care..Nancy

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey great job you got great scores on the test. See? You were worried for nothing but I suppose that could have been good stress causing you to study extra in order to be prepared!!

Relax now you're done :)
I can't wait for the feeling :(

Congrats on the scores!!!

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
:claps::claps::claps:Hooray!!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeee! I am sooo happy for you. You put in a lot of hard work. Don't worry about the PAT, retake for PAT, NEVER. Love those science and reading scores! Not to mention your QR score, you were worried but pulled it off. :soexcited:

Take care..Nancy
This reassures me about my PAT too xDD

Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
Apr 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats!

---What did you see in the bio section ? what did you use to study bio, and where you surprised at any questions on the test for bio? also any plants and if so where they detailed questions or was cliffs enough?

Reactions: fayevalentine

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student

okiedokeartichoke

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2015
Status
Dental Student
We should have a low PAT club ;)
Fuh real. Before studying for it, I thought I'd actually enjoy it considering I'm an artsy fartsy person, but that section just had me frustrated especially TFE and keyhole. Kept getting the same scores on Bootcamp consistently for six exams straight. I never improved, so I had rather low expectations going into the exam. Lo and behold, I ended up getting the same score even on the actual exam. I guess BC truly is representative of the PAT or I'm just a consistent mofo.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Fuh real. Before studying for it, I thought I'd actually enjoy it considering I'm an artsy fartsy person, but that section just had me frustrated especially TFE and keyhole. Kept getting the same scores on Bootcamp consistently for six exams straight. I never improved, so I had rather low expectations going into the exam. Lo and behold, I ended up getting the same score even on the actual exam. I guess BC truly is representative of the PAT or I'm just a consistent mofo.
LOL I always got 16-18. Low and behold I got a 17 and 16 on my real ones. BC is perfect >: ).

Reactions: fayevalentine

Axiomatician

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Last night I saw your "What if I make a 14 should I even retake?" thread and figured you would probably get a 21 like I did. Had the same thoughts, literally! Haha. Good job, and don't worry about a 17 PAT. Just use the 21 TS as a strong point. Very consistent scores. I got 18 and 19s on BC, got a 22 real thing, without my glasses. Those angles sucked. BC is not representative lol.

OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I hope not! I'm awful at PAT too don't worry. Congrats! Glad I'm the first one to congratulate you! Nice and consistent scores for the most part!!
Thank you so much! :) I really appreciate it and you have been such a great supporter during this :):)

OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
YAY! when people post that they have the test like tomorrow or something, I get stressed on their behalf and wait for their breakdown lol you did an awesome job! go celebrate!
Haha you are so sweet empathizing with everyone :) thank you so so much! I am definitely celebrating. I can't wait to see your scores later this month :) I am positive you are going to do well! Try not to stress as much as I did lol!

Reactions: Hard Work Pays Off
OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental

Take care..Nancy
Thank you Nancy! Your phone call and emails were invaluable to me during all this. I can't thank you enough for how much you helped :).

Reactions: orgoman22
OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey great job you got great scores on the test. See? You were worried for nothing but I suppose that could have been good stress causing you to study extra in order to be prepared!!

Relax now you're done :)
I can't wait for the feeling :(

Congrats on the scores!!!
Thank you very much! I am definitely relaxing haha. Spending some much needed time with my fiance today. I definitely got myself too stressed, but you're right, maybe it helped! I can't wait to see your breakdown! You're going to do great :) let me know if you have any questions or words of encouragement.

OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats!

---What did you see in the bio section ? what did you use to study bio, and where you surprised at any questions on the test for bio? also any plants and if so where they detailed questions or was cliffs enough?
Thank you! I did not use Cliff's, but I did use Destroyer and Tyjacob's notes along with Kahn for bio :)

Reactions: Mrhyde

Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
Apr 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
do you remember any bio topics they covered ? did you have plants ?

OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats! I'm SO happy to hear you survived! We had pretty similar scores :) my PAT sucked as well haha.
Thank you! You have been so kind during all this and I really appreciate it :) that's awesome that we got similar scores lol!

We should have a low PAT club ;)
I TOTALLY AGREE! Haha who's with us?! :)

Same here! I was always awesome at drafting (where you got a shape or a tool and had to draw it to scale after turning it around in your mind. I also have a heavy art background... the PAT on the real DAT was insane in my opinion though! Even the cube counting, which I always found to be the easiest section, had 2 questions that really threw me! There were cubes that covered up only parts of other cubes, which I had never seen. Then some of the keyholes were just NUTS!

Reactions: okiedokeartichoke
OP
fayevalentine

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Last night I saw your "What if I make a 14 should I even retake?" thread and figured you would probably get a 21 like I did. Had the same thoughts, literally! Haha. Good job, and don't worry about a 17 PAT. Just use the 21 TS as a strong point. Very consistent scores. I got 18 and 19s on BC, got a 22 real thing, without my glasses. Those angles sucked. BC is not representative lol.
Haha that is too funny, I had no idea you had the same thoughts before your test! Thank you for the reassurance :). That would be TOUGH without your glasses, damn! That makes your PAT score even more impressive :). If I haven't told you already, great job on your scores. I thought it was really cute that you and your SO took your tests together and both did well. It must have felt great for both of you, and now you get to enjoy your summer!

Reactions: orgoman22