Well, Whats One Good Thing In Your Life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wends

Tigress in Training
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
with all the craziness going on, and the tension and feeling like crap about waitlists and stuff, i guess i just wanted to re-evaluate our situations and look at the bright side......

1. i have great friends that are always there for me esp when im bawling like a kid and seems to have more faith in me than myself
2. a cutie boyfriend! :p
3. my health (if not my sanity)
4. sdn friends!
5. im going cosmic bowling saturday
6. no post interview rejections......yet!!!! :oops:

and there's more! but i wont bore you all with that. post and it'll make you feel happier, if only transiently.

Members don't see this ad.

wends said:
with all the craziness going on, and the tension and feeling like crap about waitlists and stuff, i guess i just wanted to re-evaluate our situations and look at the bright side......

1. i have great friends that are always there for me esp when im bawling like a kid and seems to have more faith in me than myself
2. a cutie boyfriend! :p
3. my health (if not my sanity)
4. sdn friends!
6. no post interview rejections......yet!!!! :oops:

and there's more! but i wont bore you all with that. post and it'll make you feel happier, if only transiently.
i've start substitute teaching at the local high schools and I go like 3-4 times a week. one of the coolest feelings is when I walk in, in the mornings and I get asked like 4 times "Mr. V, who are you subbing for?!" and I tell them and some of them are like "YES!" or like "damn" hahaha it's so fun. and when they come to class and they actually learn stuff... yesterday I taught about radiation and e=mc^2.... I taught them about mass defect and fission and fusion..they actually got it.. i think. but that's what I love... and there are other things ;-)

wends said:

This is a great idea for a thread. (I have to run off to finish my math homework or I would post mine. But dont worry, I'll be thinking about it) One quick question though:

What's cosmic bowling?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a loving and supportive family in good times and in bad; a terriifc, loving and gorgeous gf, awesome friends, great opportunities, and a loving God who has blessed me far more than I deserve.

I was awarded by the Bank of Montreal this past Sunday, for my community service, and they sent me to my very first Raptors game at the Air Canada Centre (finally the volunteer paid off somehow!!). It was versus the Lakers (I heckled Kobe :D ), and I got two jerseys, one autographed by Bosh!!

I also got a few good friends that understand me, family that cares about me, and even though nothing has come yet, I am still positive. Why worry and use up an excess amount of glucose for nothing?? Worrying = lines on your forehead.

LOL, cosmic bowling is bowling in a disco like enviroment......with all the lights and music.....its really fun!!

1. I've got my health

2. The best, most loving and patient boyfriend in the entire universe who happily puts up with my neuroses.

3. A few acceptances to medical schools I would really like to attend.

4. A wonderful core group of amazing friends who are supportive, fun, and engaging.

5. A body that doesn't quit.

I guess I'm all set!

This thread's really great! I can feel the positivity flowin'.

Good call on this thread, I need a pick-me-up.

-My amazing girlfriend, who's quirky enough to put up with my bull****
-A loyal group of friends
-supportive family
-alcohol
-A south carolina trip coming up next week
-Surfing
-a very forgiving job that lets me leave anytime for any reason

This is only a very small fraction of the goodness in my life, but the topic isn't up on the thread yet.

MY PUPPY!!! (Who is actually more like an actual dog at this point) She's the greatest--I'm away at school for weeks at a time, but every time I come home she's sitting at the end of the driveway waiting for me. It's the best. :love:

HrsNJ said:
This is only a very small fraction of the goodness in my life, but the topic isn't up on the thread yet.

MY PUPPY!!! (Who is actually more like an actual dog at this point) She's the greatest--I'm away at school for weeks at a time, but every time I come home she's sitting at the end of the driveway waiting for me. It's the best. :love:

Oh my goodness, I was just going to mention my dog, Jazzy! She's a 4 year-old siberian husky, and she's full of energy. I'm so excited that I get to go to med school close to home so I can visit her often!

I'm also thankful for my brilliant boyfriend who will be giving me all of his med school books, and my wonderful family! :oops:

Nice thread idea Wends! Perfect for this week....

1. A loving and wonderful boyfriend who makes me smile no matter how awful i am feeling

2. Great parents who support me so much and are both healthy and happy (and nearby)

3. Awesome friends who aren't going to med school, don't know much about med schools and remind me there is oh so much more to life than getting into a top med school.

4. I am healthy

5. My new car is coming from florida this weekend- a 1974 baby blue mercedes. very old but very much my taste (i love vintage furniture, clothing and accessories)

6. And last but not least: great support from a bunch of people on SDN going through the exact same hell

melimi said:
my sex life couldn't be better

:laugh: very nice. I bet this is true for many people on SDN, but no one open-minded enough to admit it.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. my health
2. my friends
3. great support network, both professionally and personally
4. member of sdn which has become an invaluable resource over the past year...i can't believe how much i've learned (and laughed and slacked off from work because i couldn't stop reading the damn forums)
5. i don't have to work any more Saturdays until next year!!! :thumbup:
6. an unbelievably amazing sex life.

okay #6 is a total lie, but i'm hoping i can turn it around tomorrow night! ;)

oh yeah, i definately have a great sex life too!!! wow, life is not so dismal as i always paint it.... :p

none of this really follows the "one good thing" formula, but if everyone else is making lists...

1. Amazing friends who always cheer me up and make me laugh and introduce me to new things and make me feel special
2. Good movies
3. Mixtapes
4. Loving parents and three brothers who I couldn't be more proud of
5. A blossoming relationship with an amazingly talented filmmaker (which brings with it an equally blossoming sex life)

My friends, my friends, my friends! They are truly the best.

I am also very thankful for

the beauty of the pineapple
the sweet taste of wine
the deliciousness of cheese.

hey! i'm dating a filmmaker too. are we talking about the same person???
:eek:

:laugh:

1. moving close to home, and having an apartment of my own will mean living with my calico kitty! (who recently is having psychogenic hair loss from the stress of losing me then my sister)
2. music is a good thing in my life
3. being single is really good for me right now despite lack of exciting sex life
4. my family is helping me move!

chicagomel said:
hey! i'm dating a filmmaker too. are we talking about the same person???
probably.

:laugh:

1. My amazing daughter- love her so much my bones ache and my eyes tear
2. Supportive and hilarious husband/partner in every sense of the word
3. My abstract was just accepted to HUGE conference and they gave me a money-laden award with it which lets me...
4. take my family to CA and and bring amazing daughter to Disney after conference! YAY!! :D :love: :D :D :love:

(Not a big Disney fan myself, but can't wait to see the 2 yr old perspective on things)

I am a wonderful dancer. Simply marvelous dancer, in fact.

GuyLaroche said:
I am a wonderful dancer. Simply marvelous dancer, in fact.

what kind of dancing? ballroom? jazz? hip hop? dancing in a man is a good quality to have.

wends said:
what kind of dancing? ballroom? jazz? hip hop? dancing in a man is a good quality to have.

All the Spanish dances and hip-hop. I get the ladies with my moves.

aww what a warming thread.

im so jealous of all you with dogs!

yesterday I got to play with someone else's puppy (cute little chub of uncoordinated fat and fur :p ). I think i glowed for the rest of the day....

im so lucky to have my unconditionally loving bf, friends, family, and the ability to live it up (drink, dance, laugh, chill etc.) :D

(and i dont know if this is the wrong place for it, but i'm really fortunate for how well this process turned out. phew :) )