Went to multiple colleges at same time -- how to list on AMCAS??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting the end of my sophomore year at a university, I started taking courses at a community college. In the beginning of my junior year, I was attending two community colleges and a university (22 units at a university, 8 at community colleges) and I've continued that through my senior year. None of the courses I took at community colleges were transferable - but do you know how I list it on the AMCAS in regards to grade level? I know that it says to list community college classes at either a freshman or sophomore level, however I took them while a junior and senior at a university level concurrently...

Any one have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

1. List/add schools separately, each with their own date of attendance.
2. Under each school, (since you were an undergrad) list each class as an Undergrad class. Depending on the amount of credits you had AT THE SCHOOL you were attending, note what year it corresponded to. I.E. if you started in your sophomore year at a CC, that year at the CC gets listed as freshman since it was not transferrable to the Univ. Make sense?

Basically, you have to make AMCAS look like the transcript at each of your schools. So whatever year you started AT the comm. college, is your FIRST year. The rule you mentioned about listing it as only fresh or soph, is when you attend a junior college/community college BEFORE you enroll at a Univ.

Thanks, Tweetie! That makes a lot more sense than whatever I was starting to do... :p

Members don't see this ad :)
:) that's great! we're all in it together. :)

I'm kinda in the same situation: I took 7 credit hours my senior year of high school, and then 9 hours last summer. Do I put "freshman" for all these credit hours then?

not really the same thing....

For those 7 hours, you'd have to list the school at which you got credit . . usually it's a community college. And when you enter the class, you'd have to put "HIGH SCHOOL" as student status. Do not put down Freshman, b/c then the transcripts won't match up.

For the 9 credit class, I would need more info to tell ya. Is it the same college? Are we talking about 3 different colleges here? And was this 9 credit class taken AFTER your graduation from undergrad?