We're gonna be wearing scrubs soon hell yeah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yayforcoffee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in the library writing a fifteen page paper, and this thought is the only thing keeping me awake. I'm stoked and you should be too!!! No short white jackets for us, just the real deal. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in, and everyone else keep your head up it's still super early in the game!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i just ordered some all black scrubs as (another) gift to myself. all black scrub is a sweet look...hopefully i can find some all black latex gloves too.

I'm sitting here in the library writing a fifteen page paper, and this thought is the only thing keeping me awake. I'm stoked and you should be too!!! No short white jackets for us, just the real deal. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in, and everyone else keep your head up it's still super early in the game!!!
Scrubs get old faster than you'd expect, and you might end up with the short white coat too. ;) Still, congratulations on getting accepted! It's a great time to become a dentist.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just ordered some all black scrubs as (another) gift to myself. all black scrub is a sweet look...hopefully i can find some all black latex gloves too.

I see you're going for the James Bond look, very nice haha

I LOVE wearing scrubs, and cannot wait to live in them for the rest of my life.:love:

Hoss19 congrats on Maryland! I think I'll be going there too! SO excited!

... it's really not that big of deal folks... seriously.

i've always had an eye for camo or tiedye scrubs myself:)

... it's really not that big of deal folks... seriously.

Can anyone say, kill joy? I think we're allowed to enjoy being accepted to dental school. We've all worked so hard to get here! You should be excited too! :)

i've been wearing scrubs for my assisting job for past 7 months and i really like it. its just like wearing a suit; you put it on without really having to think about matching, clashing, etc. its just easier.

toothy - hell yeah Maryland it is! Someones got to get the FB group going. Not it!

All this excitement has got me anxious about the 2011cycle lol, the cycle im applying in lol.

Can anyone say, kill joy? I think we're allowed to enjoy being accepted to dental school. We've all worked so hard to get here! You should be excited too! :)

oh i'm damn excited!!! but ive worn scrubs for the past year assisting... i guess it doesnt really phase me anymore... meh. no harm, no foul.

Members don't see this ad :)
HOLY MOLY! I can not WAIIIIT to wear scrubs!!! AHHH!!! Is it worth it to buy designer scrubs? :love:

I want to buy scrubs but i'm wondering if some schools make you wear certain color scrubs because when I toured schools I don't know if it was just a coincidence that they all were wearing same color???hmmm....

scrubs are fun at first but nothing beats a good pair of jeans and a t-shirt

aren't dental students only allowed to wear like two different color scrubs...the surgical blue(light blue) and navy blue??

Some schools have dress codes with scrubs as in each year is assigned a color they should wear...other schools like UIC say that you can wear any colored scrub as long as it's solid...the prints are usually reserved for the assistants and hygienists. Other schools like Penn..i THINK allow for casual...more business casual than casual or scrubs... just depends on the school. EXCITING!

hey does anyone know if some schools still make you dress business casual for the first year??? i know that UIC used to do this but I really hope that they allow you to wear scrubs from day 1!! being business casual would SUCK!!

hey does anyone know if some schools still make you dress business casual for the first year??? i know that UIC used to do this but I really hope that they allow you to wear scrubs from day 1!! being business casual would SUCK!!

pacific? but yeah, completely agree... any of the commoners and peasantry can wear business causal. but those who roam our cities in scrubs are gods among mortals...

im asking for a pair of scrubs for chanukah now!!!!!! :thumbup:

I don't know about ordering a bunch or scrubs or even going out and buying a collection. Some schools require students to wear specific colors depending on the year that they are.

HOLY MOLY! I can not WAIIIIT to wear scrubs!!! AHHH!!! Is it worth it to buy designer scrubs? :love:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: haha!

All jokes aside though... My packet from Marquette said they would give us our scrubs with the Marquette logo. We cant go out and pick whatever we want...

I would prefer business casual except during lab/pre-clinic/clinic, etc. My 13 year old cousin and his friends wear scrubs in grade school.

No reason to wear them when not doing dirty work. When I practice, I will probably go with the tie.

pacific? but yeah, completely agree... any of the commoners and peasantry can wear business causal. but those who roam our cities in scrubs are gods among mortals...

D2 and I'm rocking my tie and slacks right now :thumbup:

Plus, wearing scrubs in public is gross...who knows what bodily fluids someone at a restaurant in scrubs is covered in?

D2 and I'm rocking my tie and slacks right now :thumbup:

Plus, wearing scrubs in public is gross...who knows what bodily fluids someone at a restaurant in scrubs is covered in?

Couldn't agree more!

Why do you want to wear scrubs when you're attending lecture. It seems you're pretending to be someone you're not.

Couldn't agree more!

Why do you want to wear scrubs when you're attending lecture. It seems you're pretending to be someone you're not.

I will anser this one.........there is nothing like wearing pajamas all day. :laugh:

i feel like a poser when i am wearing scrubs i dont really like it. but it has probably saved me a lot of money in clothes that wouls have been ruined by stone or wax.

Couldn't agree more!

spoken like a predent.

you want to get gypsum all over your nice ties? you want wax on your nice shoes?

To the posters above:

at UIC you can wear any matching solid colored scrubs every day from day 1 on. If you don't wear scrubs you have to wear business casual.

No, business casual means khakis and a polo shirt or dress shirt. No tie. Yeah, I don't want to be a poser. Sorry buddy.

No, business casual means khakis and a polo shirt or dress shirt. No tie. Yeah, I don't want to be a poser. Sorry buddy.

is it being a poser when every single person in a class of 70 is wearing scrubs?

We have a dress code at VCU. The D1s are currently wearing forest green, D2s have burgundy/wine, D3s have smurf blue and D4s have dark blue. They're going to start rotating the colors so the class of 2013 will be getting the dark blue! We also have our names and years embroidered on our scrubs.

Does anyone know if Baylor has any color requirements for their scrubs? I hope not I want to be that girl that wears pink and yellow scrubs.

at UIC you can wear any matching solid colored scrubs every day from day 1 on. If you don't wear scrubs you have to wear business casual.

nice. i'll keep a rotation of black, navy, and maroon scrubs. yessssss

business casual is the whole get-up minus the jacket. khakis and a polo shirt? carlton banks casual maybe

spoken like a predent.

you want to get gypsum all over your nice ties? you want wax on your nice shoes?

To the posters above:

Labcoat defeats gypsum AND wax.

Does anyone know if Baylor has any color requirements for their scrubs? I hope not I want to be that girl that wears pink and yellow scrubs.

From what I remember, they can wear whatever they want. A tour guide on my interview was wearing hot pink...

Any good recommendations for where to buy scrubs?

Jealous of you all who get to wear scrubs. We have to wear business casual every day, with white coats any time we do something clinical. Then we have gowns that go over our clothes when dealing with stone and other things that could ruin our nice clothing. I would love to be in PJs every day.

Jealous of you all who get to wear scrubs. We have to wear business casual every day, with white coats any time we do something clinical. Then we have gowns that go over our clothes when dealing with stone and other things that could ruin our nice clothing. I would love to be in PJs every day.

Where do you go?

I believe Creighton does something along those lines. When I visited they all had shirt and tie on with white coats over top.