Iseebigppl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I did receive my "one" last night, and would have had a heart attack and quit school had I not found this site. It took me quite a few hours to calm down. I was wondering though, were the scaled scores correct? Does anyone know?

thanks.

Rxbound

10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2005
Arkansas
Scaled scores usually run between 200-600 (I think), so I am fairly sure that those will change when they rescore the test...

selo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Iseebigppl said:
I did receive my "one" last night, and would have had a heart attack and quit school had I not found this site. It took me quite a few hours to calm down. I was wondering though, were the scaled scores correct? Does anyone know?

thanks.
no , the scaled cores are not correct. Harcout used a wrong answer key to grade our tests. I think only the writing score is correct.

About the Ads

voskoboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
It's sad when you're writing score is higher than your percentile scores! :(

Iseebigppl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Won't they have to send everyone new scores? I mean, they were all scored with >200 1%'s against them. Hardly seems fair.

KUMoose

Grumpy old man
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Iseebigppl said:
Won't they have to send everyone new scores? I mean, they were all scored with >200 1%'s against them. Hardly seems fair.
Probably not, it is unlikely that the 200ish people from one area with the incorrectly scored test will change the scaling. Since it's a statistical method (I've seen the math, I can't think of it now), this group should represent an insignificant deviation from the norm.

voskoboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
The percentile ranks for everyone is not affected because the scaled scores are ranked against a norm group, which is first-time test takers from 1998 to 2003. Therefore, the people you took it with do not affect your percentile score. Please read the Candidate Information Booklet for more information.

About the Ads