Were the "scaled scores" on the Fort Lauderdale tests correct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iseebigppl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did receive my "one" last night, and would have had a heart attack and quit school had I not found this site. It took me quite a few hours to calm down. I was wondering though, were the scaled scores correct? Does anyone know?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Scaled scores usually run between 200-600 (I think), so I am fairly sure that those will change when they rescore the test...

Iseebigppl said:
I did receive my "one" last night, and would have had a heart attack and quit school had I not found this site. It took me quite a few hours to calm down. I was wondering though, were the scaled scores correct? Does anyone know?

thanks.
no , the scaled cores are not correct. Harcout used a wrong answer key to grade our tests. I think only the writing score is correct.

It's sad when you're writing score is higher than your percentile scores! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Won't they have to send everyone new scores? I mean, they were all scored with >200 1%'s against them. Hardly seems fair.

Iseebigppl said:
Won't they have to send everyone new scores? I mean, they were all scored with >200 1%'s against them. Hardly seems fair.

Probably not, it is unlikely that the 200ish people from one area with the incorrectly scored test will change the scaling. Since it's a statistical method (I've seen the math, I can't think of it now), this group should represent an insignificant deviation from the norm.

The percentile ranks for everyone is not affected because the scaled scores are ranked against a norm group, which is first-time test takers from 1998 to 2003. Therefore, the people you took it with do not affect your percentile score. Please read the Candidate Information Booklet for more information.