Discoteca

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I've been reading this forum and looks like quite a few of you were wait-listed as I was. I came within four spots of admission when they took half as many off the list as compared to previous years. Based on the previous years, I was fully expecting to get in. now I don't have any plans on what to do. Any other wait-listers that didn't get in? What are you going to do now? Masters programs? Re-take the MCAT?

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'd talk to the director of admissions at the school that wait listed you to see what he/she says. Perhaps with a year to do something (research? work at a hospital? take a few classes?) you'll be a shoe-in for the next cycle.

Two years ago I was put on "hold" by my state school and then finally rejected without making it to the wait list. I decided to do an MPH.

Cafepinay

Proud Premed Pinay
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2002
Southern Cali
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I was waitlisted at one school this year, 1st day of class came and went, no phone call, and subsequently, I got a rejection letter. As of now, I've gotten the crying over with (it's tough) and have moved onto plan B. :confused:

Definitely gonna reapply!! No doubt. Just not now. I'm gonna find some cliinically-related research work at the local hospitals, since I've never really done that before.

I've always wanted to take an EMT course. That too.

And, hey, I need to drive again (yes, I have a license, but don't drive...somewhat lost practice)

I was considering some grad school, but timewise...I don't think it's gonna work out...but hey, that's a good idea too....

It's pretty tough for me not having a health-professions advisor around the corner like I used to, but as Roosevelt said (I think...)

"Do what you can, with whatever you have wherever you are."

Works for me...for us, we don't have much of a choice. But WE WILL GET THERE! :clap:

I hope more people post on this thread, cause the feedback is good. :)

About the Ads

patient

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
GA
bbc.com
Status (Visible)
I was waitlisted at three schools. Two are over and one will be over next week.

I can do nothing else with much interest like medicine. Cannot even concentrate on masters. I applied to caribbean schools already. hopefully I will be there next fall.
I donot care what people have to say about my decision. Its my passion.

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was also on three waitlists, two have passed and I have recieved their "official" letters.

Now I have one more waitlist that is over this week. I don't know, it's all happening so fast. I would definitely reapply after taking the next MCAT.
Meanwhile I am thinking of taking the GRE for a grad program or so.....I really don't want to seat for another exam but I have to.

We'll see what happens.

K

kawaiij

I was/am waitlisted, but I'm being realistic and have accepted the fact that it'll probably be a no-go for this year. I have already reapplied, and have sent off most of my secondaries. Actually, I pretty much thought that I wasn't going to get in this year because I applied soooo late. I wasn't even done with ochem till january. I was hoping that by being waitlisted I'd be a shoein for next year (a waitlist at this particular school constitutes a full acceptance approved by the dean) but I'm a little worried as I haven't gotten a secondary from them yet.:( As for making my application stronger for this cycle, I really haven't, I'm just hoping that applying earlier will do the trick. Well, we'll see.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads