Werewolf in the Garden of Good & Evil - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was my one ability. I had a passive, Day 1 only ability to cancel whatever lynch so long as the person met participation rules for the day. It would not work on myself.
Why didn't you mention this sooner?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, so did you gain anything from today's VCA?
I never gain anything at all from VCA until a wolf is outed, so while it may mean something later it means nothing to me today.

Also mentioned my role to dolphin a few minutes before lynch closed. Edit: like literally one minute. So if she is a wolf by some chance that didn’t give the pack time to strategize.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LIS rule mostly
But you were scumreading him outside of that, right? LIS rule is mostly snake oil is no more likely to snag a wolf over a villager.

Are you proposing a last minute candidate or something? Otherwise this question is pointless.

Why would this be pointless?

Not a fan of this incredibly last minute self-prez vote especially after saying he didn't care if he was lynched...

Where did I say I didn't care? I said I wasn't a bad villager to lose.

I don't like when people give up. I also don't like when people say they aren't going to self-prez vote and then do so last minute.

Where did I say I gave up or that I wouldn't self-prez? I'm not sure if you're making incorrect assumptions or trying to set up an easy lynch target for tomorrow. Not a fan either way.

Why would this be pointless?

Where did I say I didn't care? I said I wasn't a bad villager to lose.

Where did I say I gave up or that I wouldn't self-prez? I'm not sure if you're making incorrect assumptions or trying to set up an easy lynch target for tomorrow. Not a fan either way.
Because it’s the classic oh wait are we sure this is a good idea at like five minutes before close. I personally think sometimes if you say hey let’s go onto this candidate because these other two options don’t seem good makes more sense. Rather than a throwaway comment about the lynch being bad.

Because it’s the classic oh wait are we sure this is a good idea at like five minutes before close. I personally think sometimes if you say hey let’s go onto this candidate because these other two options don’t seem good makes more sense. Rather than a throwaway comment about the lynch being bad.
But also everyone switching at the last minute doesn’t seem to end well usually

I'm not counting spectator games because they have an outsiders perspective. Of the games you've mentioned me, this was the result

Colorado: wolf (was village)
Smash: wolf (was village)
Halloween: village (was village)
Reading: village (was wolf)
Dogs: village (was village)
Hiking: wolf (was village)
Horses: wolf (was village leaning third party)
Gladiators: wolf (was wolf)
Friends: wolf (was wolf)

This is not anywhere near 100%.

Ah, we're looking at this differently. I meant I'm almost 100% successful at lynching you when you're a wolf, not that I'm 100% at reading you when you're village (you're also missing quite a few games there...). Reading and Hiking aren't really fair points since I died very early. I'd also point out that I voted for 3/4 wolves on D1 in Hiking, lol. I'm pretty sure that going forward both stats will only get closer to 100% though.

This is from the first page of dead chat in the Reading game. You'll notice 2/3 wolf pack options had you in them:

AM seems mildly off to me from early game. Idk, she's a strong player and she's not coming across as very strong this game to me. I do think she is smart enough to just sit back and let village self-destruct with little nudges here and there like I did for Lurking after we finally bussed the immortal SAR. Not writing her off either.

Most likely combos right now Imo:

Lawpy-AM
Paws-AM
Paws-Cray

As I said, I'll forever give you all the credit in the world for Orchestra. That was a fantastic wolf game and you and Mel dominated. You specifically had me completely fooled. But after that I've figured some things out which have helped me read you a lot more accurately and they haven't failed since I've started using them (confirmed after WWHorses).

It's not pointless if people respond before results come out and someone flips. Gives data to look back on later and determine what people were supposedly thinking at the time. The utility of the question is not in getting people to switch votes (at least from my perspective), it's in the data that can be gleaned later.

Ah, we're looking at this differently. I meant I'm almost 100% successful at lynching you when you're a wolf, not that I'm 100% at reading you when you're village (you're also missing quite a few games there...). Reading and Hiking aren't really fair points since I died very early. I'd also point out that I voted for 3/4 wolves on D1 in Hiking, lol. I'm pretty sure that going forward both stats will only get closer to 100% though.

This is from the first page of dead chat in the Reading game. You'll notice 2/3 wolf pack options had you in them:

AM seems mildly off to me from early game. Idk, she's a strong player and she's not coming across as very strong this game to me. I do think she is smart enough to just sit back and let village self-destruct with little nudges here and there like I did for Lurking after we finally bussed the immortal SAR. Not writing her off either.

Most likely combos right now Imo:

Lawpy-AM
Paws-AM
Paws-Cray

As I said, I'll forever give you all the credit in the world for Orchestra. That was a fantastic wolf game and you and Mel dominated. You specifically had me completely fooled. But after that I've figured some things out which have helped me read you a lot more accurately and they haven't failed since I've started using them (confirmed after WWHorses).
Dead chat is too late too though. Perspectives are much easier once you're removed from everything. I didn't add the games where you were a wolf or otherwise didn't comment on me because that would skew your read rate even lower.

How many wolves you voted are irrelevant since the question is, did you read me correctly?

If you're above rand to wolfread me, then you will never achieve more than 50% accuracy. 100% (or near it) means you can tell the difference between village!AM and wolf!AM. A broken clock is correct twice a day.

It's not pointless if people respond before results come out and someone flips. Gives data to look back on later and determine what people were supposedly thinking at the time. The utility of the question is not in getting people to switch votes (at least from my perspective), it's in the data that can be gleaned later.

yep

It's tinfoil and also the reason my vote is there right now. Would also be alright with a Mutts vote to satisfy that foil, or a Canthy vote for other reasons.
Why Acan?

~~~~~
Sorry all, results incoming soon. Just trying to check everything twice since it is N1...and also I got distracted for about 45 min watching a passel* of woodchuck babies bopping around in my yard. It was important. Snapchat peeps have seen the proof of their cuteness.

*correct collective noun is "repetition," but that seems lame
~~~~~

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Wolf leans (in order)
Skim - timing of her jump to me felt wolfy, @Skimble would you have stayed Nav if there was no tie?
Coops - didnt like her staying on the MJ vote and she had a weird reply to Nav that read off (will find quote)
Paws - didn’t like her reasoning for voting me felt opportunistic since my lynch regularly takes off with little effort. @StayingPositive2017 why me over skim?
Acan - still have feels here. retaliatory vote. She provided more insightful replies day 1 last game as village - not seeing that same content in her replies - more avoiding than analyzing behavior

Neutral leans (no order)
Mel - not answering questions to AM & Mixy? @Melchizedek - what made you switch from genny to lawpy?
Nav - lots of shade throwing but also can’t read him
MOOSE - coming off defensive but did so last game too as village, interaction with AM is leaning v/v tunnel
Genny - sassy, jokey NAI?
FTF - very jokey - some shade throwing @Dr. ForgotToFlush how are you reading AM, Miz, Stagg?
Stagg - did not like timing of his vote esp after his dismissive comments about him not being a bad villager to lose - v strange, watching here
MSU - remember her being lurky, seemed to sheep Paws’ vote

Light village leans (no order) - Miz, mixy, ms. Pro, barks, lawpy, AM, MJ, dolphin

Edit to fix mention

Wolf leans (in order)
Skim - timing of her jump to me felt wolfy, @Skimble would you have stayed Nav if there was no tie?
I changed my vote when I did because it was getting close to lynch close and it was still tied. And yes, I probably would have stayed on my Nav vote if it weren’t for the tie.

Mel - not answering questions to AM & Mixy? @Melchizedek - what made you switch from genny to lawpy?
I voted genny to see if Miz would put her money where her mouth was and vote there too after saying that "she could go for a genny vote" multiple times. It was a reaction test, but Nav pointed out that Miz was having a ****ty day IRL, so I realized Miz might not be back on thread to react to my vote, so I switched to Lawper at random before I went out and did stuff for the night.

Reactions: 1 users
I changed my vote when I did because it was getting close to lynch close and it was still tied. And yes, I probably would have stayed on my Nav vote if it weren’t for the tie.
Also want to point out, there was still some time left before lynch close for people to discuss/change their votes. I didn’t do it at the very last second.

*~~ Night One ~~*

"More than anything, I must have flowers, always, always."

- Claude Monet

the-artists-garden-at-giverny.jpg

Flowers, flowers, everywhere.

As darkness fell in the garden, the wind rustled through the trees, sounding like gentle whispers. The scent of fresh herbal tonics and sleeping draughts were in the air, mingling with the thick perfume of innocuous white blossoms. Sap-filled plants weeped oily substances into the earth, as carnivorous plants and vines opened up their traps for insects or other invaders. High above, riotous yellow chains of blossoms dripped a glowing canopy over all the rest, blanketing the evening like thousands of extra stars. The effect was so beautiful and lovely that some who might intend harm were distracted from their nefarious aims for a short while.

No one has died.

It is now Day Two
Day Two will end at 10:30pm Eastern

NOTE THAT LYNCH CLOSE IS EXTENDED BY 30 MINUTES TO ACCOUNT FOR EXTRA DELAYS THIS MORNING

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I voted genny to see if Miz would put her money where her mouth was and vote there too after saying that "she could go for a genny vote" multiple times. It was a reaction test, but Nav pointed out that Miz was having a ****ty day IRL, so I realized Miz might not be back on thread to react to my vote, so I switched to Lawper at random before I went out and did stuff for the night.
Definitely was not paying enough attention for that.

I'm still ok with my Mutts vote. Starting there again today.

Lynch Mutts

~~~~~~~
Ack sorry everyone, I meant to re-post the roster in the write up. There are no changes, just wanted to tag you all.

Greenhouse
@Animal Midwife
@StayingPositive2017

Full-Sun
@Skimble
@Mad Jack

Part-Sun
@Stagg737
@MixedAnimals77

Part-Shade
@Ms Procrastinator
@Coopah

Shade-Loving
@Miranda Senft
@Dr. ForgotToFlush

Houseplants
@Lawper
@muttmanager

Succulents
@mizchiefmanaged
@dolphin106258

Annuals
@Barkley13
@genny

Perennials
@Navilly
@Melchizedek

Evergreens
@MSUcvmHOPE
@acanthuroidei

I promise I will be a less flaky mod as the game goes along :dead:
~~~~~~

~~~~~~
Also, a clarification on this post....

~~~~~~

Tie rules:

RNG 1 player to die.

Exciting eh?
~~~~~~
One player in the game, or one of the tied players?
I'm guessing the latter, but the bolded sounds so, so much more fun.
Would be a good reason for no one to want to tie.

....You have no idea how tempted I was to change it and pick the evil option instead.

Sadly for chaos-lovers everywhere, it is RNG one player from the tied players.

Rules post will be updated accordingly.
~~~~~~~

• Sad
*~~ Night One ~~*
As darkness fell in the garden, the wind rustled through the trees, sounding like gentle whispers. The scent of fresh herbal tonics and sleeping draughts were in the air, mingling with the thick perfume of innocuous white blossoms. Sap-filled plants weeped oily substances into the earth, as carnivorous plants and vines opened up their traps for insects or other invaders. High above, riotous yellow chains of blossoms dripped a canopy over all the rest, blanketing the evening like thousands of extra stars. The effect was so beautiful and lovely that those who might intend harm were distracted from their nefarious aims for a short while.

No one has died.

It is now Day Two
Day Two will end at 10:30pm Eastern

NOTE THAT LYNCH CLOSE IS EXTENDED BY 30 MINUTES TO ACCOUNT FOR EXTRA DELAYS THIS MORNING
Sounds like some sort of night cancel

I'm still ok with my Mutts vote. Starting there again today.

Lynch Mutts
Any chance you could do a quick summary as to why? I'm sure there's plenty of posts already describing why but I was a little MIA yesterday as I had to drop my parents off for their cruise 2+ hours away.