Werewolves of Ireland - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well dat 'appened while oi wus typin', so nigh oi luk a roi moran...

Lawp's list makes more sense ter me nigh though. oi believe yer man looked into me n1.

Members don't see this ad.

raining_david_tennant.gif

Good luck village

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thou shalt not throw stones... To be honest your ISO looks pretty similar. A lot of banter D1-2 (i get that this is your meta), with an initial reads list. Addressed lawper and dolphin about something, and was otherwise calling Mel an axolotl :laugh:.

I didnt know there was one single way to wolf hunt? I get that maybe I dont have a lot of real "analysis" out there, but Ive been giving reads. Also, I've seen maybe a 10th (if that?) of the possible game mechanics that can be involved in these things. Im learning that people dont necessarily like to discuss that - maybe its not helpful overall for wolf hunting? Although Im not sure why since some roles or actions would definitely be considered more wolf or more village. Either way, if I have a question I might as well ask it. You even made a post this game that mentions having any kind of extra data point is helpful, and im sure theres a broad spectrum to that usefulness, but if I could maybe figure out if and who mel killed then its a new piece of info. After Crays posts last game Ive been trying to take this game a little more seriously, less banter, so you also may be noticing that difference in behavior. Also not sure about the significance of the grebes thing. Theres several people I havent dirrectly interacted with on thread like Allie, Dina up until last night, not really much Dubz, etc.

This post is not throwing shade at you, merely addressing your points about my posting. Top O' Mornin' Lads and Lasses! Tis Friday! :hardy:

Edit: Edited for messed up laughy emoticon formatting

No offense taken or anything, but a few things to address. There is no single way to wolf hunt and solving mechanics can be very important. But your posts have focused very heavily on mechanics to the point that it almost seems like it's a distraction from actual wolf-hunting. Mechanics are important, but figuring out who Mel NK'd seems to be focusing too much on mechanics solving along with only contributing to wolf-hunting via potential NKA, which is a very inconsistent and typically poor way to find wolves. Extra data points are helpful, but when we start going down tunnels so far that we lose focus of what will actually help us win, then it tells me either you're being nooby and focusing on the wrongs things (no offense), or you're being sketchy. You are not the only person I'm finding sketchy for doing this, but the conglomeration of all my previous points along with me knowing you're smart enough to try and look like you're really contributing without actually helping village makes me lean more sketchy on you.

As for my lack of commentary earlier, it's kind of hard to provide reads and help wolf-hunt when I've been silenced.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone made a comment aboyt grebes' ability an' whether it wud extend beyond death an' whatnot. We weren't given de exact mechanics so oi wud keep a wary mince pie on things, but ter me it does soun' loike it wus somethin' dat only lasted de noight it wus used.

Reactions: 1 user
Day One mayor vote

Stagg (1) - cray
Paws (1) - Cubs
Am (1) - Am
Lawpy
(1) - lawpy
Mel
(1)- Mel
Stagg (2)- stagg
Stagg (3) - grebes
Grebes
(1) - mutts
Barks
(1) - barks
Mel
(2) - shelter
Paws (2)- mpm
Paws (3) - paws
Mel (3) - wz
Role teaser
Lawpy (2)- Allie (1 hr later)
Barks (2)- doggo (1.75 hrs later)
All roles out 2.5 hrs later
MJ (1) - mj (4.25 hrs after all roles out)
Vote closed
Missing: mspro, vmh, Dina, dolph

Day Two FINAL

MPM () -
dolphin (1) - AM
Mutts
() -
Barks (8) - dolphin, Paws, MJ, shelter, Lawpy, allie, Mel, Ms P
Stagg (2) - cubs, vmh
vmh () -
Doggo () -
Lawper (1) - cray
Shelter (4) - MPM, Barks, Doggo, mutts
cubs (1) - Stagg
Grebes (1) - dubz
Paws () -
MsP (1) - grebes

19/19 voting

Day Three FINAL

Ms Pro (5) - Lawpy, Shelter, grebes, Doggo, Dina
Grebes (1) - Dubz
Cubs (1) - Mel
VMH (1) - dolphin
Dolphin (3) - paws, meats, Stagg
Shelter (2) - Cubs, Mutts
Lawpy
(1) - Ms Pro

14/17 voting
missing cray, allie, MPM

Day 4 Final

Grebes (5) - Dubz, meats, mpm, cubs, Doggo
Lawper (2) - Mutts, dolphin
Cubs (3) - Stagg, Lawpy, allie
dolphin (2) - Paws, Dina
shelter () -
Doggo (1) - grebes

13/14 voting
Missing: shelter

Wi' 20 players i'd guess we proobably 'av 3 wolves total 'ere based on pip's previous game designs, though cud go up ter 4. 3 originals or 2 plus a convert (which may or may not 'av 'appened yet) wud be me guess. We only 'ad 3 in afterparty an' dat wus 22 players.

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure oi loike de placement or reasonin' in Doggo's grebes vote
cubs broke the tie with a self prez vote but doggos was almost at the same time, so practically the tie breaker on a wolf lynch. why don't you like that placement? if doggo was a wolf, why not vote for cubs or for dolphin and send the lynch that direction instead

cubs broke the tie with a self prez vote but doggos was almost at the same time, so practically the tie breaker on a wolf lynch. why don't you like that placement? if doggo was a wolf, why not vote for cubs or for dolphin and send the lynch that direction instead
Jist felt aff ter me in context av 'er other posts. Wolves wud be watchin' closely if they were raun, wud not be gobsmacked if doggo saw cubs's vote before she placed 'ers.

No offense taken or anything, but a few things to address. There is no single way to wolf hunt and solving mechanics can be very important. But your posts have focused very heavily on mechanics to the point that it almost seems like it's a distraction from actual wolf-hunting. Mechanics are important, but figuring out who Mel NK'd seems to be focusing too much on mechanics solving along with only contributing to wolf-hunting via potential NKA, which is a very inconsistent and typically poor way to find wolves. Extra data points are helpful, but when we start going down tunnels so far that we lose focus of what will actually help us win, then it tells me either you're being nooby and focusing on the wrongs things (no offense), or you're being sketchy. You are not the only person I'm finding sketchy for doing this, but the conglomeration of all my previous points along with me knowing you're smart enough to try and look like you're really contributing without actually helping village makes me lean more sketchy on you.

As for my lack of commentary earlier, it's kind of hard to provide reads and help wolf-hunt when I've been silenced.

Fair points, and I will definitely consider your critiques and try to offer more tangible analysis. But right now, time to do some LASIK!

lynch mpm

Testin' oyt me other d1 fale since de firs was bang on, an' oi'm not a fan av dis in retrospect.

Hey @WildZoo , you said I feel "manky". Do you agree with grebes about the why? How do you feel about grebes accusing me? Its awfully convenient for one of the accused to accuse the other... in my opinion at least

If either doggo and cubs were wolves, one of them, plus grebes could have moved to lawper or dolphin to lynch there and save grebes.
Coordinate an' make themselves luk roi manky in de process? A bauld move an' wan few wolf packs wud attempt.

Oh heck... this is beginning to make me uncomfy... okay so we are down to 11 players--one currently unable to speak
tonight is 10
tomorrow morning is 8 or 9 (8 potentially, since it seems like wolves have gotten a double kill every night)
if there are 2 wolves left and two villagers die every night(three might actually make it a little too wolf heavy with all the double kills)
then tomorrow night is 7
the next morning is 5
and if there are 2 wolves left, that lynch is lylo...
So... two days left not including today...making a lot of assumptions, of course

I have been having this feeling for the last day or so, and I do kind of want to lynch Doggo
I do feel bad pulling the trigger on Doggo while they are not able to defend, but this is where I'm at right now...
I still feel that this is a noobish wolf pack+/- one veteran

lynch mpm

Testin' oyt me other d1 fale since de firs was bang on, an' oi'm not a fan av dis in retrospect.
I know that this is probably going to put this into a WIFOM back and forth, but my vote was part of what helped decide that grebes would be lynched.

I'm beginning to think I like the idea of an Allie vote as well. But I need to go back and check to see if she was one of the lawper clears.

Fair point, I didn't catch that. No villager code. I could go there if no one else is interested in a Doggo lynch

if that was a bus, i see several vets at the front, maybe one of them didn't feel like they could jump off the bus later in the day.
Oi'm less inclined ter call a vote a bus whaen it 'as 'istory ter back it up. Oi'm gran' wi' meats roi nigh based on 'er other interactions wi' grebes. an' if you're blatherin' aboyt me den oi don't tink you're de full shilling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
N4 write up updated.
Read it.
Or don't.
I'm not yer supervisor.
Oh wait.
Yes I am :shifty:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: 3 users
Oi'm less inclined ter call a vote a bus whaen it 'as 'istory ter back it up. Oi'm gran' wi' meats roi nigh based on 'er other interactions wi' grebes. an' if you're blatherin' aboyt me den oi don't tink you're de full shilling.

Will give reasons later, but my vote is certainly not parked there. At work and actually having to...work...How do you feel about Allie?

what was the story behing vmh's grebes vote? I see a post about a lot of other people and then a vote fore grebes without a reason
Honestly some of the off the wall theories today are increasing my suspicions of Dina and mpm

I'd also like to hear more reads from @Lawper (beyond his puzzle), @grebes4lyfe , and @WildZoo as she catches up

Mutts' posts today are making me lean her more village

Lynch grebes

If you think a noob might bus, i'm liking mpm more than doggo
I think I'm gonna look into mutts or grebes today. Doggo maybe tomorrow, but I don't want them to get lynched so early on their first game
30 mins later, but no quotes about grebes, just talk about shelter:
Those are my current leans. Grebes and Mutts.
I'd love to see more content from allie and dolphin.
Feeling mildly suspicious of WildZoo, but decided that she would probably want to have AM and/or Mel around for the challenge if she were a wolf.
Had minor paranoia for cubs yesterday evening, but I am willing to dismiss that for now.
Lawpy I have at neutral to sketchy.
Vmh I have as neutral to village tentatively.
Paws I'm okay with right now.
I expressed my shelter feels earlier...
I'm probably missing people, but its good enough for now... will elaborate later if you want
Still no quotes about why grebes, but the previously missing thoughts aren't articulated, just re-enforced:
I'm feeling a Lynch Grebes for today. My thoughts haven't evolved much from when I posted this afternoon, and I don't want to miss deadline again...

easy vote
Hi all I’m at work and am not caught up.
###lynch doggo###
Would like to hear any original reads or thoughts from her. She’s been awfully quiet and sheep-y when she has posted.

New topic:
So this is about Lawpy's kill, and I'm wondering if it means one of the people that he seered was a wolf, and so then when he listed who he felt "good about" they guessed it could be him. yes, I'm aware that it was an obvious PR claim and that alone could have gotten him killed.
now unmistakably an inhuman voice “You have been seeking all our names!” Louder yet, like a flock of shrieking ravens “Did you not think we would learn YOUR name?”

what was the story behing vmh's grebes vote? I see a post about a lot of other people and then a vote fore grebes without a reason
Meats 'ad back an' forth interaction wi' grebes over de course av de previous days. 'er vote did not surprise me in de slightest.

Full write up will be very much delayed, sorry...I have a big exam tomorrow morning and am way behind :sorry:

~~~
When enemies look just like friends, who can you trust?

02-mirror-girl-scary-gif.gif

Some of the scariest creatures in Irish folklore are not the ones you might expect. They're not the great hulking beasts and anti-heroes who wield fearsome weapons, or half-animal creatures who look like the stuff of nightmares. No, the most unsettling ones creep quietly into our safe havens to deliberately target those whom we love the most, shattering the mundane, familiar foundations of our daily lives.

Dead and sent to Tech Duinn is
@grebes4lyfe , THE CHANGELING, who could switch the names and affiliations of two players each night to disguise their true natures
View attachment 254857
Returned to us is
________

Please note roster movement and adjust your PMs accordingly

1c84046c4ddb9475a1ae658178512e0f.png

ᚉᚐᚈᚈᚒᚃᚃᚔᚏᚏ

111a701d1779cedce16511229a7d7f11-png.254197

1. @Dinashadow
19. @WildZoo
3. @Lawper
4. @dolphin106258
5. @allieh8607

7bb346049a90126abab6324ab98065ca-png.254198

7. @Stagg737
10. @muttmanager

2f6812b8c2cc9e457a1bf3424e1372e3-png.254199

12. @StayingPositive2017
13. @vetmedhead
14. @mypetmoose
15. @cubsrule4e

ccaa79aa2631dbb97fb9fe60cfec6144-png.254200

18. @Doggo Labs
20. @sheltermed

Teach Duinn
17. @Barkley13 - The Fear Dearg, Thief
2. @Mad Jack - The Morrígan, Favor Bestower
9. @Crayola227 - The Dobhar-Chú, Holy Bodyguard
16. @Melchizedek - The Dullahan, Herald Assassin *Bribable
6. @grebes4lyfe - The Changeling, Skin Changer

Tir Na Nog
8. @Animal Midwife - Finn Mac Cumhaíll, Parity Seer
11. @Ms Procrastinator - Cliodhna, Gift of Gab

It is now..
deeda51d667d638b3da9e243cef75647.png

The light will dawn on Day Five...sometime..
@grebes4lyfe why are you always a wolf

Reactions: 1 users
Day Five Shamrock Shake Tally

dolphin (2) - Stagg, Paws
mpm (1) - dubz
Doggo (1) - mpm

ezgif-4-584df53a6f12.gif

lynch close in ~7 hours

Reactions: 2 users
I'm getting antsy because I see my name being tossed around a little. I haven't figured out my role yet, or more likely just haven't used it on the right person. We're getting down to the nitty gritty and I'd at least like to be helpful with my role one time.

With that being said, has anyone had any enchantments placed on them?

@WildZoo i know you like lynch trackers, what does it mean when no one waffles on a wolf lynch day?
Day 4
grebes (1) - WZ
lawp (1) - mutts
grebes (2) - vmh
cub (1) - stagg
lawp (2) - dolph
cubs (2) - lawp
dolph (1) - paws
shelter (1) - cubs
grebes (3) - mpm
doggo (1) - grebes
dolph (2) - dina
cubs (3) - alli
shelter (0) - cubs
grebes (4) - cubs
grebes (5) - doggo

I would be interested in a Stagg lunch. Grebes voted for him to mayor on d1; reasoning for his cubs lynch from yesterday didn't make sense to me.

@WildZoo i know you like lynch trackers, what does it mean when no one waffles on a wolf lynch day?
Day 4
grebes (1) - WZ
lawp (1) - mutts
grebes (2) - vmh
cub (1) - stagg
lawp (2) - dolph
cubs (2) - lawp
dolph (1) - paws
shelter (1) - cubs
grebes (3) - mpm
doggo (1) - grebes
dolph (2) - dina
cubs (3) - alli
grebes (4) - cubs
grebes (5) - doggo
Ter me it means wolves weren't too interested in tryin' ter save grebes (nor did she seem overly interested in savin' 'erself), an' if they weren't gonna save 'er den they were proobably layin' boots. i'll be lookin' at doggo an' cubs after mpm for dat call an' cos oi tink 'tis interestin' dat grebes didn't go for de self prez on cubs. might 'av been tryin' ter gie doggo sum last minute credibility, might av been tryin ter keep cubs safe.

Oi felt dare wus somethin' sketchy aboyt dat lynch from de moment oi saw it went through, since naw wan 'ad been al' dat interested in kickin' grebes on previous days.