su74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Hi Friends,
Can help me to know what kind of evaluation from wes we need (for foreign-trained dentists seeking admission to international dental programs)?
Is it comprehensive course by course evaluation?
Kindly reply.

drbask

Hammer it when ReD HoT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Status
I think ECE is more widely accepted than WES and u need to get a course by course evaluation,which would be helpful for both NBDE and dental school admission, whereas general evaluation is useful only for giving ur NBDE.
But mind you WES gives a higher GPA compared to ECE. If u haven't repeated any of ur subjects in BDS then even ECE should not have a problem in giving u better GPA, coz ECE takes into consideration the number of times a student fails whereas WES dosen't.

VBR- :luck:

muscleman7911

Looking out
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
Status
su74 said:
Hi Friends,
Can help me to know what kind of evaluation from wes we need (for foreign-trained dentists seeking admission to international dental programs)?
Is it comprehensive course by course evaluation?
Kindly reply.
hi,
although wes is not widely accepted it does give u a better gpa which is helpful in applying.

OP
S

su74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Hi,
I called WES today and they said that they want the mark-sheets in an sealed envelope signed by the controller of exams. When I told them I have 2 different degrees from 2 different universities, the answer was the same. I explained that I am in u.s and the universities are far away, the answer was simply the same.
Is wes accepted by NYU? Please help.

sonibun

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
Status
hi
i wanted know whether wes is recognized by canadian schools???
plz reply bac
with regards
muscleman7911 said:
hi,
although wes is not widely accepted it does give u a better gpa which is helpful in applying.