West coast pharmacy school in Hollywood.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starshipp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else agrees that there are enough pharmacy schools in California?? It is really making me angry that these schools are just money hungry. By going forth to open this pharm school knowing that there is an over saturation in California tells you what kind people are funding the school. Honestly, I really hope this school closes its doors like Hawaii and Midway or has trouble getting accredited like AUHS.

Members don't see this ad.

It sucks so bad. It seems like they are giving accreditations like candies.

Fortunately people think that all schools are equal. The best job positions go to students from certain schools, not from these new ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fortunately people think that all schools are equal. The best job positions go to students from certain schools, not from these new ones.

What idiots think that?

I don't want to offend anyone. But some people are too gullible to apply and enroll in these partially accredited schools. Also, some people just want to get their PharmDs so bad and will take the risk on wasting their time, money and effort.

Got to love living in California XD And southern Calfornia was really saturated a few years ago. . . I can't imagine what it will be like once those graduates start coming out :scared: If degrees ever become important mine's from UCSF, so yay?

Can't blame em for trying to scam some birds outta their money though. They know there's people out there more than willing to throw money at them. Might as well take advantage.

Who else agrees that there are enough pharmacy schools in California?? It is really making me angry that these schools are just money hungry. By going forth to open this pharm school knowing that there is an over saturation in California tells you what kind people are funding the school. Honestly, I really hope this school closes its doors like Hawaii and Midway or has trouble getting accredited like AUHS.

friends of mine go to this school for their other programs. it feels seems that the consensus is that its a huge rip off. oh well, i dont even have the minimum gpa to apply there! :laugh::laugh:

does it matter if you get a skid mark stained diploma at the end?

They haven't posted their Cost of Attendance on their website. I really wish they don't get accredited though...

Good thing I'm leaving California, if I do get accepted into pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to offend anyone. But some people are too gullible to apply and enroll in these partially accredited schools. Also, some people just want to get their PharmDs so bad and will take the risk on wasting their time, money and effort.

I agree..it is too big of a gamble. I can see having one of the ones that are almost accredited as a backup school..but one that is ~5 years out from accreditation?? :scared: I guess if you need a backup school and CANNOT move..but you would be much better served by taking the time to work on your application than taking that gamble.

As much as I don't like these new schools popping up, I am glad we live in a country where anyone can start a new school/business (granted with meeting the vigorous requirements).

Who knows maybe in twenty years this will be the best school in Amerrhicah.

Reactions: 1 user
you must be new.

No actually I'm not. You must wake up on the wrong side of the bed everyday. sorry for ya.

Anyways, 42k is a lot of money for a new "no ACPE to-date" school. To the desperate future pharmDs, please apply out of state and save money on an accredited school.

Come on, don't be like that. It doesn't matter if you're a pharmacist or a pre-pharm student, it's still possible to be a jerk.

man if you guys are this sensitive regarding a boogey man on SDN with a burrito cat icon, i can't wait til you guys hit an ICU with an asshole attending physician who thinks pharmacists are overpaid pill counters.

man if you guys are this sensitive regarding a boogey man on SDN with a burrito cat icon, i can't wait til you guys hit an ICU with an asshole attending physician who thinks pharmacists are overpaid pill counters.

It doesn't hurt to be nice to your own "kind"

Come on, don't be like that. It doesn't matter if you're a pharmacist or a pre-pharm student, it's still possible to be a jerk.

Pharmacy school hasn't jaded you yet lol

Those aren't even comparable situations. I have no problem in the professional world.

Lol I meet several attendings, one of them say there aren't a lot of smart pharmacist out there. He said he wish pharmacists are able to answer their pharmacology questions instead of counting pills because they have the training, but never use it.

Lol I meet several attendings, one of them say there aren't a lot of smart pharmacist out there. He said he wish pharmacists are able to answer their pharmacology questions instead of counting pills because they have the training, but never use it.

Well if you talk the way you type, I can understand.

And your statement is contradictory, these docs say pharmacists are dumb and can't answer his questions, but have the training but don't use it?

No wonder I stopped posting in here.

Well if you talk the way you type, I can understand.

And your statement is contradictory, these docs say pharmacists are dumb and can't answer his questions, but have the training but don't use it?

No wonder I stopped posting in here.

Meaning he hopes more pharmacists are able to answer his questions regarding medications, but most of them are too busy filling prescriptions. He does respect pharmacists, but at the same time he doesn't because the pharmacists are often too busy.

Last edited:
Meaning he hopes more pharmacists are able to answer his questions regarding medications, but most of them are too busy filling prescriptions. He does respect pharmacists, but at the same time he doesn't because the pharmacists are often too busy.

Not sure why being busy is the pharmacist's fault ? :confused:

Does he not have pharmacists on rounds?

That's completely different from what you originally wrote, being busy and dumb are way different.