West Coast University MSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTTOBE2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be interviewing with West Coast University. Does anyone have any insight of what their interview process entails? Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be interviewing with West Coast University. Does anyone have any insight of what their interview process entails? Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)
Hello, I will be having an interview with West Coast for the MSOT program as well. Can you give me more inof of how the interview process went and what type of questions they asked?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the interview invite this week :)

Last edited:
Hi guys!
I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope here because I've invested so much time and started to believe I could get into a program. Can someone tell me and be absolutely realistic and honest with me PLEASE! Here are my stats:
Major: kinesiology
Emphasis: health promotion
CGPA: 3.63
PGPA: 3.63 as well
Last 60 credits: 4.0
Sorority: Sigma Kappa
Honor Society: Golden Key Honors Society
Volunteer hours:
Hand therapy: 31 hrs
Out-patient rehab: 31 hrs
Out-patient Pediatric OT: 42 hrs (in clinic)
Out-patient pediatric OT: 85 hours (all hippotherapy, which is basically OT while on a horse)
Out-patient pediatric OT: 200 hrs (in clinic and in-home early intervention)

Work:
Build A Bear Workshop 2013-2016
Administrative Assistant in an OT clinic: May 2016 to present
The place where I did my 200 hours hired me

My First Aid/CPR/AED verification just expired. :(

WCU is my #1 school. They have amazing and dedicated faculty that are up to date with technology and pushing the philosophy of occupation therapy forward, not to mention that they are well known in the OT community with many presenting and taking on leadership roles in the AOTA and OTAC. Furthermore, the energy and passion that these professors have make me believe that they want the students to succeed and become competent professionals and advocates in the field. The students I have met from WCU also have this amazing energy and enthusiasm for OT and makes the future sound so bright, which is what I want to be part of and would take great pride in. There is also a vibe that I get from the students as well that makes it seem like the program is so great, but I can't put my finger on it or understand it unless I am part of it, the experience of the school I suppose, and I find that very intriguing. The OT clinic where I work also has a contract with the school so I have the opportunity to get to know level II fieldwork students to learn more about the school and their real experience within it and I have heard nothing but positive things although I have heard the curriculum is challenging. But of course grad school would be this way. I also met the fieldwork professor (I'm not sure how to spell her name) on two separate occasions both outside of info sessions. One at a volunteer event she hosted. Also I provided her with a connection to my volunteer site in LA and she's now working on getting a contract with them for fieldwork.

I do enjoy looking up OT stuff (for kids mainly) on social media and reading about sensory integration, proprioceptive and vestibular systems, tactile defensiveness, etc. and how it relates to learning and classroom challenges, it's really fascinating! I also have started reading OT textbooks haha. Just so I'm decently immersed in the field as much as possible.

I don't have much leadership experience aside from my sorority involvement.

I don't have much experience working with special needs kids aside from my volunteering but I did just get hired as an ABA therapist.

Any advice on what I should do or my chances would be greatly appreciated!!

Best of luck to you all, it's just getting harder every year!