Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything? ABout getting in? Im freaking out :inpain:

I think we'll know for sure by June. Maybe May 6th will be the last round of interviews they'll have or at least the second to last round.

Members don't see this ad.

I was interviewed during spring and they emailed their decision a week after my interview. I was wait listed and was eventually offered admission but I deferred it to Fall.

when was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. I applied last year for fall 2015. Maybe I applied later in the cycle and that's why I received the interview so quickly. Well anyway, I applied and got wait listed and didn't get in, then I applied again for this coming spring 2016 and got accepted. BUT I deferred my acceptance to fall 2016 because I applied to a few more schools this cycle and wanted to see other possibilities. I'm from New Jersey, so it'd be a big move! But if nothing else works out I will be attending next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an interview for WCU coming up this week! My interview is going to be Skype as well. I'm all the way in Virginia so itll be a big move for me too if all goes well!

I had a few questions with the skype interview!
Was there only one interviewer or was it a panel interview (more than one person)? Also how did the essay portion work?

ANY ADVICE for the interview will help too! THANKS!

I have an interview for WCU coming up this week! My interview is going to be Skype as well. I'm all the way in Virginia so itll be a big move for me too if all goes well!

I had a few questions with the skype interview!
Was there only one interviewer or was it a panel interview (more than one person)? Also how did the essay portion work?

ANY ADVICE for the interview will help too! THANKS!

Hi! It was very relaxed over skype. It was only one person interviewing. The interview last for probably 10-15 minute and they give you time for questions. For the essay, they emailed me the question then I had 45 minutes to write and send it back to them. That part was after we hung up from the call. They tell you not to use any spell check or internet, you have to write it on paper and scan it back to them. So make sure you have a scanner available and printer. Good luck!

Hi! It was very relaxed over skype. It was only one person interviewing. The interview last for probably 10-15 minute and they give you time for questions. For the essay, they emailed me the question then I had 45 minutes to write and send it back to them. That part was after we hung up from the call. They tell you not to use any spell check or internet, you have to write it on paper and scan it back to them. So make sure you have a scanner available and printer. Good luck!

thank you! oh wow 10-15 mins that's so short! Do you remember who your interviewer was?

Also where do you plan on living? That's my biggest concern if I get accepted lol such a big move to the other side of the country lol

Reactions: 1 user
thank you! oh wow 10-15 mins that's so short! Do you remember who your interviewer was?

Also where do you plan on living? That's my biggest concern if I get accepted lol such a big move to the other side of the country lol

I applied twice, the first time it was with a woman. I forget her name. And then the second time it was with like the dean of the program. I was like oh my gosh, but he was really nice.

And I still have to figure out a place to live! I was wait listed to a school in PA. So i am kind of holding off a little bit, but I will probably take a trip in June or July and try to find an apartment. It deff is scary the thought of moving across the country. I know traffic is terrible so I will try to find something as close as possible. They sent a generic list of apartments in the area when I asked about housing. I wish they just had campus housing, but they don't :(

How were they? Did they say if this was the last round of interviews or not?

Hi! Just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their interviews! I've read a few posts asking about the last round of interviews- I'm not sure I will be of much help but I do have an interview on Friday 13th. Hope to see and meet a few of you there:)

Has any one who recently had interviews heard back from WCU for Fall 2016 yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any one who recently had interviews heard back from WCU for Fall 2016 yet?
I interviewed last week and they told us that decisions will be made/announced by the end of the month. Not too much longer! So exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time!

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for housing, where to look, or if anyone who's already in the program is looking for a housemate?

I've already looked at apartment websites and such but I'm not not sure how credible they are.

I'll be moving from Sacramento, not too far like others but I'm really panicking about housing...

See you all in August ☺️

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for housing, where to look, or if anyone who's already in the program is looking for a housemate?

I've already looked at apartment websites and such but I'm not not sure how credible they are.

I'll be moving from Sacramento, not too far like others but I'm really panicking about housing...

See you all in August ☺️
Have you heard back from WCU? I am worried about housing too. I plan on commuting a little to get out of that area (if I get in that is).

Have you heard back from WCU? I am worried about housing too. I plan on commuting a little to get out of that area (if I get in that is).

Hi,

I was accepted for spring and deferred it to Fall. I was thinking of commuting farther too but I just don't want to spend hours driving in traffic which I know will already happen.

I hope you hear from them soon! Keep me/us posted :)

Whenever anyone who got interviewed in April/May of this year hear back with an admission decision for the Fall '16 start Please please please post. Its so nerve-wrecking not knowing anything. I do remember them saying we should hear back by the end of May so I assume we should hear back soon. Good luck to everyone.

I have been checking my email consistently through the day this entire week so far! Yes, please post if you hear anything! Good luck to everyone <3

i literally got an email acceptance 10 minutes ago! omg omg omg

Congrats! I have not heard anything....ahhhh so nervous

When was your interview?

Thank you! Super excited. I had my interview May 6th. I hope you hear back soon because I feel you I was also constantly checking my email this week.

Just got my acceptance email today! I interviewed May 13th.

Man this makes it even more nerve wracking than before haha.. knowing they have started out sending acceptance letters and i'm still here refreshing my email every ten minutes!

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully they are still sending acceptances out and not just waitlist/rejections now...the waiting is killin' me!

No! Just this school! How about you?!

Also when was your interview?
I have been accepted into AIC in Massachusetts, but that is clear across the country from me so I would prefer WCU. I interviewed April 15th.

I have been accepted into AIC in Massachusetts, but that is clear across the country from me so I would prefer WCU. I interviewed April 15th.

Oh that is a bit far away but still good to have some backup!

Any updates for anyone?

Still no word here. I've never been so anxious!

I received my email at 1pm today. I did not get accepted. I'm getting ready to apply for next cycle.
sigh.

I received my email at 1pm today. I did not get accepted. I'm getting ready to apply for next cycle.
sigh.
Sorry to hear that kms433. If you don't mind me asking when did you interview?

Sorry to hear that kms433, but its good that you're applying again! Don't give up!

Last edited:
Anyone else hear? I'm starting to lose it ha

I have yet to hear back, and with the holiday monday I guess we won't hear back until tuesday.

Hey guys! I still haven't heard anything yet either... my interview was on May 13th.. I'm hoping to receive an email by tomorrow.. but the fact that some people have received acceptance emails on Wednesday of last week is making me even more anxious.

To everyone who go accepted, what are you guys doing for housing? / does anyone need a roommate?

because I'll be moving from Virginia and I have no clue about housing situation in LA.

To everyone who go accepted, what are you guys doing for housing? / does anyone need a roommate?

because I'll be moving from Virginia and I have no clue about housing situation in LA.
Hey OTFLOW,
Do you mind sharing your stats? I had my interview on May 13th and haven't heard anything yet...

Congrats on getting accepted!! Do you mind posting your stats?

Thanks!

My cumulative GPA wasn't strong, but my sciences and OT related courses were very strong. However, I don't believe I got accepted based off of my stats alone. I had a strong all around application-- Great letters of rec and solid background in PT as an aide. I also showed persistence when they told me my application was unacceptable, which I eventually fought and won. I did very well in the interview as well. All that plus the diversity I offer probably got me in.

Good luck!

Did you get accepted?

Hi!! I also got in, but have not decided yet! Im from DC so if I decide to go hopefully I can get in touch with you :)

Hi!! I also got in, but have not decided yet! Im from DC so if I decide to go hopefully I can get in touch with you :)
Hi dmvOT,
Congrats on getting accepted! When did you receive the email that you were accepted?

I interviewed May 13th and haven't heard back yet either. Starting to get pretty worried:( Just speculating but do you think they might have sent their first round of acceptances letters out and the people who haven't heard back might be on the wait list?
So anxious! Been checking my email every 2 minutes ha

I interviewed May 13th and haven't heard back yet either. Starting to get pretty worried:( Just speculating but do you think they might have sent their first round of acceptances letters out and the people who haven't heard back might be on the wait list?
I've been super anxious too. They said we'll know by the end of May...and today is the end of May so hopefully we hear something today! I want to stop looking at my email so vigorously ha!

I contemplated calling and seeing if they had sent out all the acceptances last week, but I suppose we will all find out soon!

I contemplated calling and seeing if they had sent out all the acceptances last week, but I suppose we will all find out soon!
Just got my email a minute ago. I did not get in. Good luck to everyone else!

I also did not get in, looks like I will be applying for Spring 2017.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck! Did you apply to more than one school?

I applied to a handful, and have not been accepted into any. There are still two I have yet to hear back from. Congrats for getting accepted into AIC, moving across the country will be exciting, enjoy it.