Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!
Welcome to the Class 2019! I'm excited!

If you are wait-listed, TRUST me, the wait-list moves up. Just keep watching out for your emails and you can always check on your status.

Best of luck to everyone applying. Always stay optimistic!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!
Welcome to the Class 2019! I'm excited!

If you are wait-listed, TRUST me, the wait-list moves up. Just keep watching out for your emails and you can always check on your status.

Best of luck to everyone applying. Always stay optimistic!
Did you get in this round? I'm ninth on the waitlist and just hoping so hard that I do have the opportunity to get in. It's just hard to tell because I could only imagine like 5 people actually deciding to go to a different school or defer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Denied as well.... Are we able to ask why we didn't get in?

Same boat as you guys. Thanks everyone for supporting each other, all your optimism makes this a bit easier. :)

Denied as well.... Are we able to ask why we didn't get in?
I tried, I asked if I could get a review to see if I could do anything better for fall and they said no we don't provide feedback

I tried, I asked if I could get a review to see if I could do anything better for fall and they said no we don't provide feedback

That's too bad :( I want to see where I could improve in

Oh that's great! How long ago did you apply? I'm ninth on the waitlist so maybe I have more of a chance at getting in than what I thought... WCU is a great school, I have had the opportunity to work with their students on fieldwork because I had volunteered at sites that have contracts with the school and it seems like all of them love it. I had researched the school and attended multiple info sessions. I worked really hard in boosting my grades and learning as much as I could about OT by talking to OTs, students, and buying multiple OT textbooks to read. It was disappointing to see my passion not only for OT but the school and the upward progression of my GPA (more than the last 60 units being a 4.0, CGPA and PGPA both are a 3.63 which is decent) not be good enough for them.

I applied in Jan...I think the fall deadline was mid Feb or something like that. I totally believe you will get in! Some people won't accept their offer or may run into living or financial situations. Good luck from me to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry about not updating everyone, but I got accepted a week and a half ago. For anyone who doesn't know, tuition went up and is now 86k total(maybe it was like that for awhile and I never noticed).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Congrats on getting in! Can you tell me how long they give you until you have to put down a deposit?

Did you get in this round? I'm ninth on the waitlist and just hoping so hard that I do have the opportunity to get in. It's just hard to tell because I could only imagine like 5 people actually deciding to go to a different school or defer.

A lot of people deny their acceptance. Some people make decisions even as close as a couple weeks before the semester starts. I'm in this round.

A lot of people deny their acceptance. Some people make decisions even as close as a couple weeks before the semester starts. I'm in this round.
Congrats!! I was curious if you could tell me when the deposit has to be done by? I just think that it will give me a more realistic view if I will be accepted depending on my status when the deadline is for that... Of course people can change their mind last minute or just after the fact but it can help to keep me in the loop and remain realistic... I take it you're going to WCU :) or are you going to wait to hear back from others places you've applied?

Congrats!! I was curious if you could tell me when the deposit has to be done by? I just think that it will give me a more realistic view if I will be accepted depending on my status when the deadline is for that... Of course people can change their mind last minute or just after the fact but it can help to keep me in the loop and remain realistic... I take it you're going to WCU :) or are you going to wait to hear back from others places you've applied?

I believe that even if you are on the top of the wait-list, they'll make you deposit just in case. They did that with me so that whenever I moved up, it makes my transition so much easier and smoother.

Hey everyone I have been reading all of your post! I applied to WCU for fall 2016 and spring 2017 I was denied both times, this school can be very deceiving I would focus on other schools. I was told I was in great standings and in a very good scenario for January 2017 and look I didn't get in. They also took forever to get back to me about my status. I am in grad school now at Clarkson University in New York its very tough to get into OT school but totally possible!!!!! I wasted a lot of time on this school and was let down completely. They waitlist people from both sessions making it unfair to get in. If any of you have questions my email is [email protected]
P.S I applied to over 10 schools and got into 1 apply to as many schools as you can! and don't give up

Hey everyone I have been reading all of your post! I applied to WCU for fall 2016 and spring 2017 I was denied both times, this school can be very deceiving I would focus on other schools. I was told I was in great standings and in a very good scenario for January 2017 and look I didn't get in. They also took forever to get back to me about my status. I am in grad school now at Clarkson University in New York its very tough to get into OT school but totally possible!!!!! I wasted a lot of time on this school and was let down completely. They waitlist people from both sessions making it unfair to get in. If any of you have questions my email is [email protected]
P.S I applied to over 10 schools and got into 1 apply to as many schools as you can! and don't give up
Hi! Im waitlisted right now for Spring 2017. I wanted to know what you meant by they waitlist people from both sessions? Do you mean they hold on to their waitlist from the previous application cycle? I heard that they might take one or two people from the waitlist and offer them a spot for their next cohort. But I don't know for sure if that's true. And just out of curiosity, who told you that you were in great standing, just for you to then later be denied? Congrats getting into OT school though!! Thats all that counts in the end anyway :)

I was interviewed during spring and they emailed their decision a week after my interview. I was wait listed and was eventually offered admission but I deferred it to Fall.

Good Luck! :)
Hello! I was curious if you could tell me, if you remember, what number on the waitlist were you when you first heard you were waitlisted? And, if you also remember, what month/how long after you received your waitlist letter did you hear back that you were offered a spot? I'm on the waitlist right now and am looking to figure out my chances. Thanks you!

I received notification that I moved up on the wait list! So be on the look out y'all!