West Coast University Pharmacy 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nataly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to hear more info about West Coast Pharmacy program- which school to choose KGI or West Coast?

Members don't see this ad.

what about accreditation part- which one is more stable to get the accreditation? I know we would not know this answer but we might be able to guess and ask from the students that are already in the program-I don't know anyone particularity to ask. I just need more info about these two school to make my final decisions- its hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone in the program already that can give me more updates? thanks

If you have to resort to these two schools, probably neither.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your comment- but no choice and have to choose one of them this year :(

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your comment- but no choice and have to choose one of them this year :(

Nobody is forcing you to choose either of the schools. You have the option of waiting a year to improve your application so that you can get into a better, higher ranked, and CHEAPER school, or consider other alternative career paths. Nobody is taking a gun to your head to force you to take out $200k+ loans to go to an unproven school in an area where there are few or no job openings available.

It might seem like the end of the world if you dont get into a school this year because you want to start a career. But honestly, it is going to be 100x more difficult 4 years down the line when you're 200k+ in debt, not really passionate about pharmacy, can't find a full time job, etc.

There are plenty of other healthcare careers with better prospects to explore

Is KGI really that bad? I hear that they are ok... Can anyone give some input?

I heard KGI is good its just harder as a new school and more requirements specially more IPPE hours but not 100% sure about that, I like to get more info ASAP.

West Coast-- vocational school trying to milk naive students' heavy debt load tuition cost.
KGI --what is this?

Go to neither. In fact, don't go to pharmacy school unless your mom or dad already have a pharmacy and wait for you to get a license to pass on.

Reactions: 2 users
hello did any one apply for westcoast pharmd , if yes, could you please tell me what kind of questions they asked you in the interview and how did you prepare for them , and what was the essay questions about (i have an interview on nov19th ) please help! thank you in advance

Hi, I will have the interview this 12/7, anyone has any advice for the interview...In the email, they stated that there would be written essay and ~30 min interview

Members don't see this ad :)
hello did any one apply for westcoast pharmd , if yes, could you please tell me what kind of questions they asked you in the interview and how did you prepare for them , and what was the essay questions about (i have an interview on nov19th ) please help! thank you in advance
How did your interview go?

Hi!!
anyone knows any good places to live around the school?

I just relaxed during interview!! nothing to worry about!

I'm not worried,:rofl:I just wanted to know if you like it the experience, I'm just wondering if I should go or not to the interview so I wanted feedback. I have already spent a good portion of money on interviews and Ist starting to get tight on $$
I just relaxed during interview!! nothing to worry about!

hi there
my name is Eli. I have an interview on 2/1/16 at west coast, so i need ur advise. what did they ask u on interview and what was the essay topic?
tnx

hi there
my name is Eli. I have an interview on 2/1/16 at west coast, so i need ur advise. what did they ask u on interview and what was the essay topic?
tnx
oh cool, you took the spot I gave up.:laugh: I changed my interview date for later in February, the best advice I can give you is to look around the previous forums on this school because it seems like the present candidates who have already interviewed are either not on SDN or don't bother coming back to SDN to help others by sharing their experiences. :whistle::unsure:

Good luck on your interview and remember to come back and let me know how it went, because I have been asking for help but no one really mentions much about it.

oh cool, you took the spot I gave up.:laugh: I changed my interview date for later in February, the best advice I can give you is to look around the previous forums on this school because it seems like the present candidates who have already interviewed are either not on SDN or don't bother coming back to SDN to help others by sharing their experiences. :whistle::unsure:

Good luck on your interview and remember to come back and let me know how it went, because I have been asking for help but no one really mentions much about it.
there is nothing on the previous forum or at least I couldn't find any! thank so much and much I'll definitely let u know about it.;):thumbup:

So how was your interview, and did you hear back from them yet?

hi there
tnx

They are serious so be yourself and dont mind their poker face... Just know why you wanna do pharmacy and what traits u have to have to be a successful pharmacist. Theyre more trying to get to know you but its also not as laid back. Its more like a job interview. Let me know if you liked the school or deciding to go there. Thanks

They are serious so be yourself and dont mind their poker face... Just know why you wanna do pharmacy and what traits u have to have to be a successful pharmacist. Theyre more trying to get to know you but its also not as laid back. Its more like a job interview. Let me know if you liked the school or deciding to go there. Thanks

I got in!!!and I liked the school very much. I dont care if it's not accredited yet, it's on LA and I dont need to move:soexcited:

I got in also!
I had my interview on March 7. And still waiting for their decision...for those who got accepted, can you share how long it will take to hear back from the school?
Thankyou!

See? Usually students like this end up with a massive loan with no jobs and have to restart another career at the beginning. You should do more research. Back in 2004, Hawaii college of pharmacy was a scam and closed down after a year of opening. I am not saying WestCoast is a scam, but it's better to do more research. It doesn't make a big difference if you graduate 2019 vs 2020.

I had my interview on March 7. And still waiting for their decision...for those who got accepted, can you share how long it will take to hear back from the school?
Thankyou!
Sorry for late reply,
How did the interview go?
It should take 72 hours to hear from West Coast

Thankyou!
it took 2,3 days

hello all! Just wondering how long it took to hear a response for an interview after submitting the pharm app and supplemental app for west coast?

I didn't interview here and do not plan on it but I did meet with my undergraduate prepharm club and hospital pharmacy residents and students from touro on their appes. From what the main guy who is in charge says, it is ideal to apply to a school that is already accredited. however, more than likely newer schools are going to be able to become accredited but there is still a slight chance they may not. The option is really up to you. (Sort of late but anyone wondering in the future)

I asked the resident pharmacist about whether or not school rankings matter and he told me most pharmacy schools in CA should be able to teach well enough to pass so it is advisable to choose a school with a solid alumni to help you with finding a job later on.

Sorry for late reply,
How did the interview go?
It should take 72 hours to hear from West Coast
Thanks!
I still not hear anything back from the school yet...is that bad?? Is that means they rejected me?

The interview concluded an essay with it?

I had my interview on 04/11/16, & I got an acceptance call a week ago. At this time, I'm still waiting to hear back from another pharmacy school, and then I would make the decision.

Is West Coast university college of pharmacy worth going? I have see tremendous bad reviews ? I got accepted back in November and now I'm worried. Can anyone tell me a factual based answer and not an opinion please. Like what is the school retention rate and license exam passing rate. I'm from SoCal and appreciate your honest comment! I have gotten admission offer from Roseman University as well and I'm in Western waiting list.

Is West Coast university college of pharmacy worth going? I have see tremendous bad reviews ? I got accepted back in November and now I'm worried. Can anyone tell me a factual based answer and not an opinion please. Like what is the school retention rate and license exam passing rate. I'm from SoCal and appreciate your honest comment! I have gotten admission offer from Roseman University as well and I'm in Western waiting list.
KGI and Chapman are probably more reputable and aren't for profit which makes a huge difference

KGI and Chapman are probably more reputable and aren't for profit which makes a huge difference
I don't think I will go to west coast and I'll wait for Western which I'm in waiting list. The schools u named are even newer than wet coast so you never know ,with the only difference that who ever I talk to personally that they go to pharmacy school of west coast , they were happy with the program unlike the west coast nursing school. To be honest all private schools are for profit. It's just a name. West Coast could have named themselves non profit and play the same game like other schools. Of course if there is no profit then there will be no money to operate the school. U think all these new schools poppedup to serve and lose money?!!! The answer is obvious.

How do you expect to find a board passing rate if they never graduated a class? Maybe mock exam? If you are accepted to the program and seriously considering attending, maybe do some homework on the school? I'd rather go to Roseman IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
anybody get accepted denied withdrawal from feb 13th interview

I don't think I will go to west coast and I'll wait for Western which I'm in waiting list. The schools u named are even newer than wet coast so you never know ,with the only difference that who ever I talk to personally that they go to pharmacy school of west coast , they were happy with the program unlike the west coast nursing school. To be honest all private schools are for profit. It's just a name. West Coast could have named themselves non profit and play the same game like other schools. Of course if there is no profit then there will be no money to operate the school. U think all these new schools poppedup to serve and lose money?!!! The answer is obvious.
KGI or Chapman, not west-coast. Hope you get in to Western from waitlist.

yes bro i even called and asked what I need to improve. They couldnt give me an answer

That's strange. I thought they would take just about anyone who applied.

Last edited: