This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Vodka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I decided to start a thread for the class of 2024 to share interviews and information regarding the program.
I had my interview on Friday (10/04/2019), and I still haven't heard back and I am so nervous.
Please share your experience if you heard back and when you interviewed etc...

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I decided to start a thread for the class of 2024 to share interviews and information regarding the program.
I had my interview on Friday (10/04/2019), and I still haven't heard back and I am so nervous.
Please share your experience if you heard back and when you interviewed etc...
What schools did u apply to?!

What schools did u apply to?!

I only applied to West Coast, good location for me, and I went to visit the school and I liked it and the staff. I got thee acceptance Wednesday October 9th, 2019. What about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied to West Coast, good location for me, and I went to visit the school and I liked it and the staff. I got thee acceptance Wednesday October 9th, 2019. What about you?
i applied to loma linda pharmacy school and ucsd and still waiting for interview. And congrats i am so happy for u :)

Hi there! I applied 12/31/19 , interviewed 1/10/20 and received my acceptance 1/15/20

I applied early, when the application started. My GPA was 2.8ish

I just want to say... in my day when you applied to pharmacy school a 2.8 gpa would be laughed at... I had a 3.8 and I was still on edge because I got that B in organic chemistry..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
The employment rate of class of 2018 was only 38% Program Statistical Data - Doctor of Pharmacy | WCU meaning that 62% of graduates were still unemployed 9 months after graduation. That is absolutely pathetic and scary. If you graduate with 200k debt and jobless you're pretty much going to be in debt your entire life

Back in my day, you couldn’t apply to any pharmacy school unless you had at least a 3.0 gpa. I’m not surprised that West Coast University is trying to fill up spots in their pharmacy school by lowering their admissions standards.

unnecessary comment.. people go through different struggles. some people might have a 2.8, but they could have been working full time and taking care of a family. doesn't mean you'd be a better pharmacist just because you had a higher GPA. I had a low GPA in my sophomore year of community college but I was still admitted to a top 3 public school in the nation for undergrad. There's more to an applicant than GPA alone.

Pharmacy school admission requirements 15 years agoPharmacy school admission requirements today
High GPA
High PCAT
Extracurriculars
Work experience
Leadership
Research
Volunteer experience
Know why you want to do pharmacy
Have stellar letters of recommendations
Get a bachelor's degree in science
Have no criminal record
Have all prerequisites done far ahead of time
Get approved for $200k+ in student loans

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Pharmacy school admission requirements 15 years agoPharmacy school admission requirements today
High GPA
High PCAT
Extracurriculars
Work experience
Leadership
Research
Volunteer experience
Know why you want to do pharmacy
Have stellar letters of recommendations
Get a bachelor's degree in science
Have no criminal record
Have all prerequisites done far ahead of time
Get approved for $200k+ in student loans
I do not understand individuals like you. Trolling every pre-pharmacy thread just to discourage applicants and people who got accepted. Times change, requirements change, nothing stays constant. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and actually respond with some good advice for these students instead of being bitter and trying to shame all the newly accepted Pre-Pharms who have worked very hard throughout undergrad to get where they are. The fact that it is now easier to get accepted has nothing to do with any of the incoming classes. Schools like UCLA and Berkley which are usually considered prestigious and tough to get into are actually admitting thousands of students with mediocre GPAs. Also, there is more to pharmacy than working at retail, there are so many areas out there that pharmacists can explore.

I do not understand individuals like you. Trolling every pre-pharmacy thread just to discourage applicants and people who got accepted. Times change, requirements change, nothing stays constant. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and actually respond with some good advice for these students instead of being bitter and trying to shame all the newly accepted Pre-Pharms who have worked very hard throughout undergrad to get where they are. The fact that it is now easier to get accepted has nothing to do with any of the incoming classes. Schools like UCLA and Berkley which are usually considered prestigious and tough to get into are actually admitting thousands of students with mediocre GPAs. Also, there is more to pharmacy than working at retail, there are so many areas out there that pharmacists can explore.

Are you actually comparing UC to West Coast University?

Hahahaha, I don't understand, am I supposed to give you a cookie? Tell me what did that good gpa did to you?? I will tell you what, absolutely nothing different. I finished undergrad with my 2.8, but because I had a full time business to run, and now ill be able to pay for my schooling, not have any loans; and ill still have that pharmD you have. I feel sorry for you you got that B in chem though; apparently it did make you a big B with a big mouth. You need to work on your self respect and confidence; instead of trying to make everyone else feel bad to make you self feel better. Grow up.
For whoever got in with whatever stats, I salute you, you did a great achievement, and you'll conquer pharmacy school, or whatever path you decide to follow; don't let people like mr. B in Ochem bring you down. Keep fighting, and keep grinding.

No, he's just telling you that getting into pharmacy school is a joke compared to 10-15 years ago. Getting into pharmacy school is not an accomplishment at all; it rather triggers a sense of disgust in others hearing students get into pharmacy school by having done little more than barely pass classes.

If you're doing that well with your business, then why make the switch to pharmacy? You'll have to cut back significantly or outright close your business, and instead of bringing in income you'll end up blowing your savings. If pharmacy doesn't work out for you (which is happening quite frequently) then you'll have to go back to your old business - except you'll be $200k+ poorer with 4 years wasted.

Reactions: 1 users

You didn’t list any specifics on your last sentence. What are the “many other areas out there that pharmacists can explore?” Explore what? Being an Uber driver? Unemployment? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for pharmacists is 0%. So you might want to explore other career options.

unnecessary comment.. people go through different struggles. some people might have a 2.8, but they could have been working full time and taking care of a family. doesn't mean you'd be a better pharmacist just because you had a higher GPA. I had a low GPA in my sophomore year of community college but I was still admitted to a top 3 public school in the nation for undergrad. There's more to an applicant than GPA alone.

Yeah, there should be a LOT more than GPA alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
hiii again how are you I applied to west coast pharmacy school and I have an interview tomorrow can you please tell me what kind of questions that they did ask you and what was the topic for the essay?

i got qualified interview next month for west coast university as pharm D. But I heard it’s really hard to find the job is it true ? after graduation. But I really like the environment and stuff. So now I don’t know.