1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

West Virginia Dental School Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dannybighead, Nov 5, 2002.

1. dannybighead

dannybighead Junior Member

Does anyone know anything about the interview at WVU? I wasn't able to find anything on this forum. I'll be there this friday.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pumpkins90

pumpkins90 Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed back in September at WVU. I believe it started at 11 or 11:30, can't remember. There was 2 other students with me that day. As soon as you get there, you are required to write 2 essays from the questions provided. These essays are then used later in the interview so take them seriously. We then took a tour of the school and had lunch in a conference room off from the cafeteria. We then finished the tour and met as a whole group with the admissions com. This group interview consists of introduction of yourself as well as an opportunity to ask questions. They like to see how you react with each other. Next you break off into your individual interviews. Mine was 2 on 1. I actually had the dean of admissions who was very nice. I do have to say this was probably a more intense interview than my other interviews this year. They drilled me for about 45 minutes and do ask about DAT,GPA etc. There is plenty of opportunity to ask questions. WVU strives to accept people who are going to practice in rural West Virginia, so don't tell them you plan to practice elsewhere. They only accept about 7 or 8 out of state applicants with 4 of them having strong ties to the state. The school is very nice and they are doing a lot of remodeling. I like the fact that tuition is pretty low. Residents under 10K, Non-residents under 20k. I wish you luck on your interview. The faculty are very nice and i'm sure you will do well.