West Virginia SOM (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still waiting for an II(Or not) but my application portal now has a section, "Student", with the opportunity to fill out a Financial Aid application. Does that mean anything?

Me too, but I know the feeling... I'm checking it like multiple times a day even though I know they're going to email me if they upload the letters! Haha

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my secondary. Does anyone know if a secondary is automatic, or if there's a chance of an interview? How long did you have to wait for an interview after submitting the secondary?

Awesome! Thanks for the advice!
I originally had a flight scheduled into Lewisburg's airport, but about 1 week out they said they weren't accepting flights, so I ended up driving 4 hours from Washington-Dulles to Lewisburg :/ Not ideal. I'd def recommend Charleston or roanoke. I also looked at the Lewisburg airport, apparently they accept flights from specific locations, so you may be able to fly into one of those, and then fly into Lewisburg. Much more convenient!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I originally had a flight scheduled into Lewisburg's airport, but about 1 week out they said they weren't accepting flights, so I ended up driving 4 hours from Washington-Dulles to Lewisburg :/ Not ideal. I'd def recommend Charleston or roanoke. I also looked at the Lewisburg airport, apparently they accept flights from specific locations, so you may be able to fly into one of those, and then fly into Lewisburg. Much more convenient!
Ah sorry that they changed ur plans super last minute but thanks! Il for sure fly into a bigger airport just to be on the safe side

Just got my secondary. Does anyone know if a secondary is automatic, or if there's a chance of an interview? How long did you have to wait for an interview after submitting the secondary?
I'm not sure if the secondary is automatic, but this was my timeline:
Submitted secondary- 9/18
Listed as complete- 10/25
II- 10/26

Good luck!

Got an II on 10/24! OOS, average stats, nontrad complete mid aug

Reactions: 2 users
Can a current student tell me what is in the new student center? Is there a place for students to get food/coffee in between classes? Thanks!

Can a current student tell me what is in the new student center? Is there a place for students to get food/coffee in between classes? Thanks!

I have only been in it for about 10 minutes since I left Lewisburg for rotations, but I believe the answer to your question is yes and yes to food/coffee. New student center has study space, student lounge area (ping pong tables, pool tables, TVs, etc.), food, drinks, etc. etc. Stuff you would typically find in a student center.

I have only been in it for about 10 minutes since I left Lewisburg for rotations, but I believe the answer to your question is yes and yes to food/coffee. New student center has study space, student lounge area (ping pong tables, pool tables, TVs, etc.), food, drinks, etc. etc. Stuff you would typically find in a student center.

Thank you!

II literally 27 minutes ago!! So grateful..

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on 9/7 but don't recall receiving a complete email.

Received an email stating that my letters have been uploaded. As far as I know, I should be getting an II.

Does anyone know what dates are currently available?

Got in a few weeks ago, most likely going to give up my spot as I want to go to UNE.

Mcat - 502
Gpa 3.80
sgpa 3.87

I was accepted to UNE as well. I fell in love with the area while visiting. Could you share why you would choose UNE over WVSOM?

Does anyone have any advice for this interview or know the style?

Deferred today. Anyone else in the same boat?

For those that were wondering, my interview is on 12/9!

In case anyone is worried that they're underdogs, I got an II with a 62-64 LizzyM! Don't lose hope and be patient. Trust me, I know how hard it gets! :)

Was decision deferred for a while and now my status says decision pending. Is this a rejection?

Anyone else still have a "decision deferred" status?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to go to WVSOM from NYC? I am super confused with the airlines since it cost almost $1,400 for round trip without the hotel. Charleston, WV, seems to be the only airport that takes flights from NY. PLEASE HELP!! I don't want to be lost on the day of the interview. Any New Yorker here?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to go to WVSOM from NYC? I am super confused with the airlines since it cost almost $1,400 for round trip without the hotel. Charleston, WV, seems to be the only airport that takes flights from NY. PLEASE HELP!! I don't want to be lost on the day of the interview. Any New Yorker here?

I drove because the flights were outrageous.

Interviewed 11/7 and keep spamming the refresh on my portal hoping they make the decisions soon!

Was decision deferred for a while and now my status says decision pending. Is this a rejection?

I just noticed this for my app too! Deferred 10 days ago then gave them a LOI the next day then now its back to decision pending

So I've been pending since 9/18, and I just got an email saying that my DO letter still hasn't came in & that I should talk to the doctor about getting it submitted ASAP. Hopefully this is a good sign!

Last edited:
So I've been pending since 9/18, and I just got an mail saying that my DO letter still hasn't came in & that I should talk to the doctor about getting it submitted ASAP. Hopefully this is a good sign!

via snail mail??

Any hotel recommendations? Trying to be as close as possible

Any hotel recommendations? Trying to be as close as possible

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg. It's a 3-5min drive away from the school and around a 15min walk. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if post-interview decisions are typically posted in the portal on either Tuesday or Wednesday?

Does anyone know if post-interview decisions are typically posted in the portal on either Tuesday or Wednesday?

It seems to vary weekly from what I've seen. Some people have gotten tuesdays others Wednesday's and some people Thursday (I think this is least likely). Let's hope for today though!

Love the quick turnaround. How many were in your interview group?
I believe only 8 of us but I think they generally have a few more! I was thoroughly impressed by the school and they are at the top of my list currently.

I believe only 8 of us but I think they generally have a few more! I was thoroughly impressed by the school and they are at the top of my list currently.
I have been doing some research for my upcoming interview and the more I learn about WVSOM, the more I am impressed. Hope I have as good of an outcome as you.