West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***Official West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: West Virginia University Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone heard anything yet?

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone heard anything yet?

I got an email on Jun 30 (Applied Jun 16) saying that AADSAS had received my application regarding WV and that they would be reaching out with a secondary if I was selected after and initial review.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email on Jun 30 (Applied Jun 16) saying that AADSAS had received my application regarding WV and that they would be reaching out with a secondary if I was selected after and initial review.
I received the same email

Since the email I received on June 30 I haven’t heard anything. Anyone else?

Yes, They do not start contacting people until after/around the submission deadline, and won't start sending out acceptances until beginning/mid December
We are talking about When we will receive a supplemental application/ interview email.

Secondaries went out this morning. I got mine at 7:02 MDT but I’m having trouble completing the payment, so I emailed. Is anyone else having that problem?

Secondaries went out this morning. I got mine at 7:02 MDT but I’m having trouble completing the payment, so I emailed. Is anyone else having that problem?

I was having the issue with payment but they just sent out an email stating that they have ameliorated the problem.

I have not received mine yet. Maybe I was not selected. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
After submitting the supplemental, were we also supposed to send transcripts directly to WVU? When I log into my supplemental portal it says my transcripts have not been received.

After submitting the supplemental, were we also supposed to send transcripts directly to WVU? When I log into my supplemental portal it says my transcripts have not been received.
I was wondering about that too because mine shows the same thing. I am not sure why they would ask for it while AADSAS has it.

It doesn't say that for me weird :/

Just received an invitation to interview on Sept 25!

Reactions: 5 users
Capture.JPG

Of all the schools I've applied to, this is the only school I have yet to receive ANYTHING from. And it's a school I'm really interested in. Not even a confirmation that my application was received. OOS :/

When did you apply?

Has anybody ever got an interview here without having a letter from a bio, chem and physics professor?
Those who have a committee letter are not required to have a letter for each of the sciences. But I doubt they will deny someone an interview for not having a letter from a physics prof for example, esp. if the rest of your app is good.

Has anyone OOS received an interview invite yet?

Reactions: 1 users
I just received one OOS today! I am also confused of the reason why they’d need our transcripts when everything is already on the AADSAS portal.

I just received one OOS today! I am also confused of the reason why they’d need our transcripts when everything is already on the AADSAS portal.
Hi! Just wanted to confirm- the supplemental application?

If the transcripts are already in AADSAS, did you all send them again?

If the transcripts are already in AADSAS, did you all send them again?

they just told me that they require it only if you are offered a position and transcripts via AADSAS is acceptable in the admission process

I received my supplemental application today ❤️ In state resident

Reactions: 1 users
So I have a couple questions... 1- how long after completing the supplemental did it take to receive an interview ? 2- when you created an account through the WVU portal and it says transcripts not complete or missing did you send the school your transcripts? Thanks

Hello everyone! So I am an OOS student and was invited for an interview. Does anyone have any idea what I should expect for the brief writing exercise during the interview?

Last edited:
Hello everyone! So I am an OOS student and was invited for an interview on Nov 13th. Does anyone have any idea what I should expect for the brief writing exercise during the interview?

What are your stats like if you don't mind sharing?

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to scan the writing assessment (phone app/scanner)? How much time were you given to submit it after you finished? Thank you!

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to scan the writing assessment (phone app/scanner)? How much time were you given to submit it after you finished? Thank you!
I used the notes app on my iPhone, it allows you to scan a document using the camera and share. They require you to send it right away, but give time for you to email it and confirm once it is received!

Is the writing assessment part of their interview?

My interview is coming up in a couple weeks can anyone help me with the virtual process ? How it works ? Do I need to have a printer and scanner there or can I use my phone ? Thanks so much

Hey I have an interview coming up soon. Wtf is the writing sample and what is this about scanning it? I don’t have a printer/scanner and I’m freaking out. Can someone clarify?