Wester U.interview help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by sith, Mar 8, 1999.

1. sith

sith Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have a Western U. interview later next week, can anyone give me any advice, and tell me if they are accepting applicants this late!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NickCVM

NickCVM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Sith
    My interview at COMP was great. It was really "relaxed". You might want to call them and inquire about how many people they have accepted so far. I was told that if you made it to the interview you have 50% chance of getting in.
    good luck-
    -Nicolas-
    WesternU'03

4. JY

JY Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

The COMP interviews are very conversational. With a knowledge of osteopathic philosophy and history, your chances increase. Best of luck and don't be nervous. E-mail me if you'd like more info.

JY

5. Duke

Duke Member
    10+ Year Member

Actually, my interview was not so relaxed. The interview panel was a very critical of me as well as my fellow interviewees before me. My interview was exhausting. They called me a week before. Since I wanted to get in a better position, I agreed to interview at the available interview. I had interviewed the year before, and read up on the school, the theology and the principles and why I wanted to become a DO physician.. However the interview was very serious and a little unprofessional ( the some of the interviewers looked totally uninterested, not just in my interview, but all the interviews that were in my group.) All of us left very drained..It really depends on who you get that day. Some of the things I would have done might have been to get a good night of sleep, eat lightly at the lunch. If your interview is in the afternoon, take your coat off (if you have one) if the room is hot. Be ready to answer what you have done to prepare yourself for being a DO physician. Also know the difference between a DO and an MD. Know something about the school, so you can ask questions. There's the basic stuff you have to prepare for so try to ask others on this website.
    Good luck,
    Duke

6. sith

sith Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I appreciate the generous responses, I would appreciate any other advice

7. edgar

edgar Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sith,

Check out the medical interview feedback website at http://ww2.med.jhu.edu/meded_feedback. They have interview feedback from all the MD/DO schools. Select "College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific" and Browse the completed questionaires. My feedback was in there, as well as my buddy Gregory Gulick's. Good luck at COMP. Just make sure to be confident, and mention as much as you can about how you know about the school and want to be there. Any medical school interview will be stressful, and everybody has a different reaction to what happens, even people with the same group of interviewers. The interviewers were very nice to me, I was very sleep-deprived but I perked up during the interview and was pleasantly surprised on how they just wanted to know about me. Good luck. I am going to COMP in the Fall and I just love the school, even though other people say that it "reminds them about hell." I've never been to hell and I don't think these people have either......

EDGAR

8. edgar

edgar Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sith,

Sorry. The interview feedback page has a new web address: http://www.interviewfeedback.com.

Good luck

EDGAR

9. Mike Tracy

Mike Tracy Junior Member

I would recommend reading The DO's: Osteopathic Medicine in America by Norman Gevitz. It profiles the history of the profession and talks specifically about the California Merger. I read it before my COMP interview and it really gave me a strong foundation. I interviewed on 2/25. The great part about COMP is they let you know within a week. They mailed my letter out 3/5 and I found out yesterday that I got in! It only took three years!