Western c/o 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, it's after 5pm on the West Coast. I don't hold out much hope for getting an email today. I am going to be useless at work tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

LOL would love this.

And now since they sent out these emails that's just WAY more days for the rest of us to be :scared: checking our emails every second of everyday till tuesday!!

I've got mine open on another tab!:)

Well, it's after 5pm on the West Coast. I don't hold out much hope for getting an email today. I am going to be useless at work tomorrow.

Just to add to the freaking out but I was looking at threads from previous years and the class of 2013 started getting e-mail around 10:50PM and those e-mails continued through the night and into the next morning. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to add to the freaking out but I was looking at threads from previous years and the class of 2013 started getting e-mail around 10:50PM and those e-mails continued through the night and into the next morning. :scared:

Uh oh! That doesn't make me feel more at ease, but thanks for the information.

I interviewed 2/22, but who knows how they pick. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you waiting.

Question - How come Western is only Fully Accredited for 3 years and not 7 like Ross and the other schools? Anyone worried they will go back to limited Accred during our sophomore year??

I interviewed 2/22, but who knows how they pick. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you waiting.

Question - How come Western is only Fully Accredited for 3 years and not 7 like Ross and the other schools? Anyone worried they will go back to limited Accred during our sophomore year??

Hmm I interviewed that day too, nothing yet! And I seriously doubt that the AVMA would un-accredit Western. Vets from Western and students who are working all over the country have given them such a good name, and the program has proved worth (96 or 97% pass rate on the NAVLE after the first attempt), clearly they're doing something right, and I'm sure the AVMA has seen that.

There were a couple minor issues that the AVMA wanted fixed before the giving us the full 7 years. We got this email earlier this week from Dean Nelson:

"As you are aware, we were recently visited by the AVMA-COE for the purpose of a focused site visit to evaluate our status in reference to Standard 3: Facilities and Standard 10: Research. (We remained in substantial compliance for these two standards after review by the full commission March.)

I am pleased to report that as a result of the site visit, and after review of the site team's report by the full commission, we have achieved full compliance to the above standards. In other words, the Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine has been awarded Full Accreditation with no qualifications."

There were a couple minor issues that the AVMA wanted fixed before the giving us the full 7 years. We got this email earlier this week from Dean Nelson:

"As you are aware, we were recently visited by the AVMA-COE for the purpose of a focused site visit to evaluate our status in reference to Standard 3: Facilities and Standard 10: Research. (We remained in substantial compliance for these two standards after review by the full commission March.)

I am pleased to report that as a result of the site visit, and after review of the site team’s report by the full commission, we have achieved full compliance to the above standards. In other words, the Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine has been awarded Full Accreditation with no qualifications."

That's awesome..Just what I wanted to hear! I guess with the acceptance now "real" I was second guessing and just wanted to make sure I don't take out all these loans and then the institution loses accreditation for some odd reason..Like it's too good to be true or something haha! Thanks for all of your input!!

Oh, and I completely forgot to say CONGRATS EVERYBODY! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for those of you who are still waiting for your email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys how do i change my AVATAR??? lol:D Cus ima 1st yr !

Do any current Western students out there know how many people in their class are on the waitlist? If so, would you be willing to share?

Do any current Western students out there know how many people in their class are on the waitlist? If so, would you be willing to share?
I don't know how many were on the waitlist for the c/o 2014, but so far I do know of only one person that was called from the waitlist in our class. Remember that waitlisters are not ranked. Waitlisters are accepted based on diversifying the class.

You don't. The first "official" list we got with all of our classmates names was the program for the white coat ceremony. Don't worry, even the non-SDNers will find their way there.

yeah, they will trickle to the facebook page slowly but surely :)

yeah, they will trickle to the facebook page slowly but surely :)

ack...I can't believe i forgot to add your name in the list of people I was asking lol. You are like my go to question and answer person lol

I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sweet tears of joy...

Speechless. I can't believe I'm going to veterinary school. I can't believe I'm moving to California. I'm soooooo excited to meet everyone!!!!! YAY!!!!

Blance and mohorsegirl,

Did you just get your emails? What time did you get them?

Congrats too! Sorry I didn't include that the first time, but I have been not so patiently waiting for my email since about 3:15pm.

3:12 PM and I'm in East Missouri.

Wish I didn't have papers to write so I could celebrate!!!

Just wanted to say congrats to you'all!!!!!!! In another week or two I'll be in your shoes.....still isn't keeping me from compulsively checking my e-mail every couple minutes anyways. :)

I read somewhere that the IT doesnt support mac computers, which I use, so since I am forced to switch to a pc, how prevalent are tablets? are they useful or even necessary, it will probably take me months to decide on a pc to buy anyway so might as well start researching now =)

I read somewhere that the IT doesnt support mac computers, which I use, so since I am forced to switch to a pc, how prevalent are tablets? are they useful or even necessary, it will probably take me months to decide on a pc to buy anyway so might as well start researching now =)

I asked about that on my interview since I am a STRAIGHT OUT MAC only lover and user haha. They don't give you the 2 grand for a Mac like they would for a PC, but they don't not 'support' them. You would just have to buy your own 'stuff' for it. But if you download the program that allows you to run PC programs/games on your Mac, this would solve the problem. Quite a few people at WesternU have Macs, they're not gonna tell you to not buy one if that's what you feel comfortable on and prefer :)

blance I'm soooo excited for you!! come join our fb group :

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=355035955291#!/home.php?sk=group_159475737438906&ap=1

mohorsegirl...you too!

Thanks!!!! I will definitely join the group. It's taking all of my willpower to keep from posting on facebook tonight. I want to tell everyone at work in person, so I'll mosey on over to the group tomorrow night when I get home. Congratulations to everyone. This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me. :soexcited:

I'm also a member of the "i <3 Macs" club and I was told by two first years on my interview day that the IT wont touch a Mac and the people that run windows on mac have nothing but problems. They told me that even a cheap PC would be better than trying to make things work on a Mac so thats what I intend to get.....

Congrats to everyone who received good news today! :D

I've been alternated. :oops:

Since Western overaccepts by 60%, and my odds of getting called off probably aren't great, I'm going to be withdrawing my application.

I'm fourth on the OOS list at another school, where the waitlist tends to move quite a bit (and there have been more than four OOS declines so far on SDN alone), so I should be in, it's just a matter of waiting for the call.

I'm concerned that the class I weaseled my way into for Western could seriously damage my last 45 GPA (between the late start and interviews, I've missed over 5 weeks of class thus far, most of which entails in-class stuff that can't be made up), and on the off chance that the other school doesn't call me off the list, I think not withdrawing could kill my future options. It's a tough call, but I think it's the right one.

Best of luck to the rest of the alternates... :xf:

What do u mean they give u 2,000 dollars for a pc??

Regarding the Macs situation: There are a lot of people in my class that have Macs and don't have problems. It is not like we use special programs. You just have to be able to access your email and blackboard. I don't have a Mac but I've never had to go to IT for anything. I don't know of any of my classmates having any problems with their Macs.

ooooooh thats good news! I use blackboard for my school now and have never had a problem on my mac

Got in!!! So excited I actually started crying haha!
Can't wait to meet you all!

People who try to run windows on Mac's will sometimes have problems, because they're not meant for that. Western wants but not requires you to use 'one note' or whatever, but if you get Office 2011 for Mac and load the Notebook layout there's a recording option, which is AWESOME! There are programs made for mac that are just as good, if not better, than the programs they want you to use on a PC at Western. And the 2000 is part of your tuition or something that's for the laptop. Not 100% sure how it works. Plus you could always argue that PC means Personal Computer and thus your Mac laptop is just that :D :D

Thanks!!!! I will definitely join the group. It's taking all of my willpower to keep from posting on facebook tonight. I want to tell everyone at work in person, so I'll mosey on over to the group tomorrow night when I get home. Congratulations to everyone. This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me. :soexcited:

Yeah I wanted to surprise my husband but i only waited about 60 seconds and I couldnt take it anymore so i called him at work....btw he's in "the business" like your husband

Got in!!! So excited I actually started crying haha!
Can't wait to meet you all!

Congrats Kelsey!

Was yours at 3:12pm Pacific too?

Does anyone know if they send rejection emails? Or do they only send a snail mail letter if rejected?

I think they said they only send rejections via snail mail because email would be "too harsh".:confused:

There were about 50-80 alternates e-mailed today.

ay caramba.. **hopeful thoughts!! hooopeful thoughts!!** :bang:

I give you credit for your optimism, millyt. However, being thoroughly entrenched in reality, I have no hope. At all. Another year and application $$$ wasted.

Back to my lab, where I can fantasize about putting bacon in my horrid labmate's desk drawer.

I give you credit for your optimism, millyt. However, being thoroughly entrenched in reality, I have no hope. At all. Another year and application $$$ wasted.

Back to my lab, where I can fantasize about putting bacon in my horrid labmate's desk drawer.

But your right.. chances are pretty slim.

maggots sound more like fun..but bacon doesnt move.....so..i'd prefer bacon too:D

i just wanted to keep the Western 2015 class on top of this forum congrads n we need to start posting these stats i may do it tommorow eeekkkssss lol

Good luck, everyone! :D

Wise man once say: 'Shorty, gotta keep yo head up'

WOooooooHooooooooooooooo :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

So excited! My email came at 6:12PM (eastern)...I interviewed on the added day (2/22)...I was planning to start neurotically checking my email on friday...to think I heard my phone, ignored it, and let that wonderful email sit in my inbox for hours!!!!

-Goodluck fellow SDNers! Hang in there!!

Doubt it... I interviewed on 2/5.

My application was post-marked on Oct 15th, and got there the next day.
Got interview email on 12/17 and my interview was on 2/14.

Congratulations to all who got accepted and good luck to everyone else!! :)

Congrats Kelsey!

Was yours at 3:12pm Pacific too?

Does anyone know if they send rejection emails? Or do they only send a snail mail letter if rejected?

I believe they only send snail mail for rejections...:(

Ugh! Can't sleep! Western has successfully driven me crazy! lol