Western CA, Touro NV, PCOM vs KCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CalBear456

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a CA applicant and I just got off of the waitlist at Western CA, Touro NV, PCOM-PA and have already been accepted to KCU-KC. Long term I do want to return to CA but even more importantly I am interested in joining a school that will give me the best shot at my future career goals!

I would like to do Internal Medicine followed by a Gastro fellowship, which I know is competitive. Some of the schools listed above such as Touro NV have teaching hospitals, which I hear is a plus but I'm not sure if it's a plus for what I'm going for...

Location doesn't matter for me as long as I attend a school that will open up the most number of opportunities for me to pursue Gastro, esp with step being p/f.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I am a CA applicant and I just got off of the waitlist at Western CA, Touro NV, PCOM-PA and have already been accepted to KCU-KC. Long term I do want to return to CA but even more importantly I am interested in joining a school that will give me the best shot at my future career goals!

I would like to do Internal Medicine followed by a Gastro fellowship, which I know is competitive. Some of the schools listed above such as Touro NV have teaching hospitals, which I hear is a plus but I'm not sure if it's a plus for what I'm going for...

Location doesn't matter for me as long as I attend a school that will open up the most number of opportunities for me to pursue Gastro, esp with step being p/f.

Thanks!

I’d personally go with western CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these are great schools, and I would probably go with western CA as it would increase your chances of placing back in CA.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

You can match into some great academic IM programs from any of these schools. Getting into Gastro from there is mostly what you accomplish during residency. Western would let you stay in CA and give you a leg up when matching a CA IM program so you should pick Western.