Western/Comp class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was waiting for you guys to post too...I don't have much to say. Yosh, I won't be around in Cali when you make your trip here. I guess I'll have to meet you guys when I get back.

Heard its supposed to rain tomorrow
frown.gif

Later

Members don't see this ad.

This post must go on!!

...anyone heard from COMP regarding Fin Aid? When are the aid offers being sent out?

Adismo,
I agree..our post MUST go on!!!!! I have a seemingly silly question...I was pondering cell phones...and what companies are available out there...Right now...i have Voicestream..with 600 anytime minutes(from maine to Virginia....and 2,000 weekend minutes(anywhere in the U.S.) for $39.99...what are good companies to look into out there...as Voicestream is non-existant...
What is the laptop deal? We still need 'em eh?? Can we buy our own..and they'll give us the specs???

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought earlier today i saw a post abt comp having a 97 percent board pass this past year. i dont get it, schools seem to really proud of passing, but isnt there a good score that should be considered a pass. I mean what do u need to score to pass. if the cut off is low, then who cares, . from what i am geting it doestn seem to matter how well u do, just that u pass. is there any truth to this.

also , i talked to Doc. Younazai on monday. he is incharge of the summer programs. be warned sapp is hard core. 9-5 with quizes. i ended up buying over 2 bills worth of anatomy books. real fun.

the roomate people said they will send stuff out later. as for me, i think im gonna get a one bdrm. probly chino hills, its closer to the real world. claremont is nice too, but on the other side of town. the rest of the areas, arent all that swell at all.

as for cell fons. we have verizon, pacbell, and sprint. those are the main ones. pacbell, which i have, is a pain in the arse cuz it doesnt always work indoors in buildings. sprint supposingly does, and is nationwide, but drops calls. your fons will probably just switch over to their respective partner company.

lastly the lakers are better without kobe, and should get rid of robert horry real fast because he is the worst player in the league.

i'm out
rack me

hey everyone...

nope haven't received any fin. info. from the school yet. i agree that passing rates for comlex are not as important as the avg. score of the class. this is a big issue that i have discussed with someone in the current class. i believe that COMP is trying to increase the comlex avg. with this new curriculum they are implementing (not that they wouldn't try anyways...but supposedly the school is slightly behind other schools when it comes to the comlex avg. score).

hey vdub...did you find a single room apart. in chino hills? i'd appreciate any info. you have. i still have to call up the places on that list they sent in the mail.

about cell phones, pac bell has now been bought out by cingular. sometimes my phone does not work in big buildings. but i think the clarity of calls is great and the service is good. also depends on the phone you have though. has anyone thought about upgrading their phones to the new pda-type phones going to be released soon? and now about laptops...how many of you would consider dell if given the option to buy? i'm lookin at the 8000 series inspiron...

and finally...this thread is very much alive
biggrin.gif

prit

while we're on this "what's out west" mode...i'm thinking about opening a bank account out there, what banks do you have out there (Key, Fleet, BoA, Chase, Citicorp?).

This laptop thing is pretty interesting, couldn't we just get an ethernet adapter for our own laptop and then download the software from somewhere?

anyone hear of Indian Hills Apartments? it's in northern Pomona and i hear it's o.k. 2 bed/2 bath for 1G.

definitely going to use a cell phone for long distance calls. hell, those things are just fun to have!

~jay

Man.. Californians are in love with their cell phones. I have yet to purchase one and I am seriously in the minority here. At any rate, I think which company you go with depends on where you mostly make your calls. If you're sticking with mostly in-state and few long dist, I'd go with PacBell for convenience and they have some cheaper rates for a ton of minutes. I am thinking about getting a package with free nights/weekends and free LD for like $39/month. Vdub was pretty accurate in describing the companies though.. Sprint does have better reception in some areas, but you get dropped quite a bit and the plans aren't too cheap either. Maybe I should introduce myself to the technology age and get a cell one of these days...

I haven't thought about the laptops much.. plenty of other things to use money on at the moment. I still think the 1st year lecture hall is pretty nice being able to have a power outlet and ethernet port for laptops at every chair. Especially since that new library is still being setup (when will it be done?), it'd be nice to have a computer around campus...

Hey Vdub, did you already find out if you were accepted into SAPP.. did they send you a notice or give you a call? So how much were the books anyway.. I just remember there being two, the anatomy atlas and the anatomy drawing book. At least you can continue to use the materials when school starts.

Are you guys probably going to move into a place June/July? Guess that means I should be looking in the next few weeks. Vdub, how much is that 1 bdroom in Chino Hills going for? If it's anywhere less than $700, it's cheaper than my studio in Newport Beach right now...

Prit, Dell seems like a good choice for a laptop.. esp. since they have a few deals here and there. Not sure how much I wanna shell out though.. laptops can get expensive in a hurry...

No you didn't just diss Kobe, i know it! Horry is sorry, but Shaq is a shame! How's that for ya?

Bank of America is located within tripping distance of COMP; overall I think they are best. As far as cellfones (i wish much pain on the fool that stole mine!), I hear Sprint and Cingular have good rates/minutes. AT&T is blah b/c they overcharge rabidly if you exceed your minutes, but the reception was very good.

Hey...Great News....I just got an interview offer from DMU...How pathetic is my life that I still look forward to and excited about interview offers???
After my first year only getting 3 interviews(two that I called up and weasled my way into...)...I love getting them..I will decline it....but loved getting the fat envelopes....

Just wanted to share my pathetic JOYS!!!!

Still set for COMP 2005!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by yosh (edited April 06, 2001).]

a one brdm in chino hills is about a grand, i havent cheacked any out just yet.

i went to talk to the sapp people about getting an application, cuz for some reason i wasnt sent one. they said they would send it out, but it still hasnt even gotten here. somethings not right

i bought a textbook by moore, the atlass, a coloring book and 2 sets of notecards, for 217.94. wow this is gonna be fun

yosh...glad to know you are still with us
biggrin.gif

i got two more invites as well (one from LECOM and another from NY/sackler med). isn't it fun saying that you won't be goin to the interview?
biggrin.gif
never thought i would ever say that. anyways yeah laptops get $ really easy...but supposedly prices are gonna drop in a couple months when AMD comes out with new models and then intel will lower prices. those sony's are my favorites but so expensive compared to dell's. anyways i'm gonna wait till late june/july once it is official that we can purchase our own. also, i don't see any reason why an ethernet adapter fitted to your current laptop would cause a problem. it should be fine. i think the banks and cell phone options have been discussed already...so thats about it...

oh one thing i forgot...kobe is fine...but shaq (he's lucky he has the height thing goin for him) and horry are a disgrace. just my opinion
smile.gif

prit

[This message has been edited by PV1 (edited April 06, 2001).]

Hey.. don't forget, Horry is the guy who came to the Lakers with rings on his fingers already. He wasn't the best forward back when he played for Houston (Clutch City baby!), but he grew into Rudy T's system and actually improved during the playoffs. Houston had a ton of role players on those two championship teams.. CBA guys, etc. Actually, I haven't watched Horry lately so maybe he is sucking now, but I think the Lakers have more impending problems to deal with...

On a very random note, I just bought a Palm iiixe from Staples for about $80.. does anyone else have a Palm Pilot here? I've seen a few medical websites with patient tracking software, etc.. I'm just wondering what websites to start looking for essential accessories/applications...

heres the deal with Robert Horrible, ever since jerry west signed the Diesel and traded for Kobe he hasnt made a good deal. Trading my beloved cedric ceballos for horry was his first and biggest downfall. not to mention breaking my heart when he traded him on my birthday, 4 years ago. i mean how can u trade someone who scores like 20 and 10 without a single play run for him. talk about an MVP caliber player. and who did we get in return, freakin horry, aka will smith, someone who lafs when he screws up.....

ok , next mistake, trading away mr clutch, nick van exel for , get this, tony battie who was immediatly traded for travis knight, and tyron lue. ... well we really won out on that trade ddidnt we. ...

im not done. whose next.. oh yeah , eddie and elden, for who, we have no body but greg foster and grant to show for that wonderful mistake.

i dont know where this post is goin, but its making me feel better. imagine a team with cedric, elden, eddie, nick and diesel, with kobe. we would have won the ring years ago. yeah sure there are ego, but , still. right now im loving watching the lakes without kobe, cuz we can see ball movement, and a full team incorporated in the offense,. such a beautiful thing..

anywyas, has anyone recieved anythng else from comp., im worried they are totally missing me

Members don't see this ad :)
Just letting all you guys out there that I'm still around!

Peace!

Yeah, Vdub is right about enjoying watching the Lakers playing without Kobe. Don't get me wrong, I think championship-caliber teams need a few go-to guys, but just as essential is _team chemistry_ and ball movt. For example, when the Rockets had Hakeem and other guards working the inside-outside game. C'mon.. we had Kenny Smith and Vernon Maxwell as guards.. former-CBA players, Chucky Brown and Mario Elie, as forwards.. and Matt Bullard? Well, I guess I'm just saying that most of these were never star players, but they still got the job done. I kinda wish Charles Barkley had gotten a ring just because it's a shame a player like that had to retire without one, but I think Houston had too many all-stars then... (Hakeem, Clyde, Chaz..)

Hi, I'm going to be starting at Western in August and am looking for someone to share a place with. I'm from the East Coast and don't know anyone in the area yet. If you are looking for a guy to split the rent with, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone!

welcome to the club dreese. where out east are you from. yosh and i are coming in from long island, ny.

let's see...i'm a hard core mets fan, i follow the knicks, i recently jumped on the devils bandwaggon, and have been a long time 49'ers fan (this may be subject to change). so you ask, do i feel a little bit out numbered? YES! but you know what, screw you!!! ny/nj fan all the way. (i have way too much pride.

peace and love.
~j

Dr. Eese.....Got your post...and I would like to welcome you to the Wide World of COMP. Where in NY are ya from ??

As far as the roomate situation, I have a potential roomate, but he is on the fence between here and this school in his home state...so I may find myself without a roomate in mid-May....Which makes me nervous...

E-mail me and we'll chat.....

Congrats again!!

Sup dresse, welcome to the ghetto.
biggrin.gif

Hey guys, Ive noticed that this post is taken up by... well, by GUYS. Where are the COMP ladies, are they going to start representing or WHAT?? w'sup with dat!?

Congrats everyone.

I was also wondering if there were any fellow female compers. Nothing against you guys, but to quote a really annoying song "where my girls at?" I can't believe I just quoted that song. I'm just seeing if I can locate some good roommate possibilities.

[This message has been edited by SammyK (edited April 10, 2001).]

i second and third that adismo, i was wondering the same thing, i hope our class is well balanced..... theres no way im doin OMM on guys only....
smile.gif

Hey there fellow COMPers- you asked for a shout out from the fairer sex, well here it is. I'm 22, grew up in LA and did my undergrad at UC Davis. I don't have much to say about the Lakers, but I gotta give it up to the Sac-town Kings
smile.gif
I checked out apartments in the area last week- Indian Hills Villas are nice, but I was hoping for something cheaper. I would like to have a roommate or two. Are most of you waiting for the roommate questionnaire in May? Let's hear from some other COMP girls out there.

I'm going to COMP too! Good to hear from so many future fellow osteopaths. I don't know about this "Retreat" yet, somebody fill me in. If anybody has the lowdown on apartments, I would appreciate some info. I am interested in the Claremont area. 'Till Aug...

Welcome again to all of our "NEW" members!!! and for the ones that have been around...I think our "missing pages" were found..and put back into our board....7 pages and going strong....How I love to come to this site..and see this discussion at the top of the pile...childish rivalry..but I like it just the same
tongue.gif

Where are all the women...???
I was counting on at least a 60/40 male/female split...Hmm...we'll see...
Still no new news from COMP regarding anything...from SAPP to financial aid.

I love hearing from all of you though...Anyone else apply for ISAC or SAPP?? Who is going for what out there??

Aug is coming fast and furious...June and July for some of us.....(Dum.... da dum dum dum...duuuum....)

smile.gif

yeah, i'm also waiting for that Roomate Finder/Questionaire/Whatever-it-is.

c'mon COMP! we need to hook up the roommate thing before school starts. MAN, speaking of..., I can't wait for AUG to roll around so I can stop this work nonsense and start MEDSCHOOL!! it's gonna be great!! [Caffeine (e.g. Starbucks) RULES]
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

i figured that i needed to start to drink coffee...so i took one nice and strong a couple of minutes ago. i'm wired. so here's what else i figured out...coffee works good!!!

so what shall we talk about now? oh yeah, susan from administration called to tell me that she was waiting for my word on ISAC and SSAP (or whatever it was). i told her negative on both. it's going to be stressful 'nuf moving out to the west coast. i'm all about slacking off this summer before the long haul. damn, where has my work ethic gone?!

sorry people, the coffee is getting to me and i'm babbling. welcome to all you new people, we should get a little "forum" party going on before classes start. this is good that our class is already starting to bond.

until another caffine laden day...
~j

whoo page 8!!!

whoaaaaa i'm impressed! so many posts in one day! hey pyoj susan called me yesterday and i also gave a negative on the isac deal. besides i'm goin to india for a month and it interferes w/isac
biggrin.gif
hey that reminds me...i haven't figured out how i'm gonna find a roomie when that questionnaire comes out. someone can probably fax it over and i'll be makin some long distance calls.
hey welcome to the discussion nellie and vince. i am sooooooo psyched about starting school. it'll prolly die off quick though cuz first semester is supposed to be hell. oh well optimism is my strong point
smile.gif
hey anyone ever check the class of 2004 webpage? i read some new info. on it describing the option to buy our own laptop based upon std. specs.
also, i called several places today regarding apartments. so far i only checked on the singles and studios cuz the doubles wouldn't make too much of a difference. but chino hills as vdub said run about a grand. i found several in clarement that are about 600-800. one of these includes a garage. sorry i'm not being specific on the names cuz the info. is downstairs in my car. anyways nice meetin the "new" members of the 2005 class and can't wait till orientation.

gotta ask one more time...anybody goin up from san diego...maybe UCSD? i know a few of you have gotta be from down south...

email and we'll talk...or
AIM ---> Halcyon DRP

prit

[This message has been edited by PV1 (edited April 11, 2001).]

Hello again fellow COMPers,

Here's a little more info regarding our laptop situation. These are the minutes on the meeting regarding student laptops on March 19,2001. I don't know what they have in mind for us, but it looks like they won't be requiring us to rent them. But it does seem like we will still be required to have a laptop with minimum requirements. Post your thoughts on this issue. I remembered that some of the first years opinions about its use wasn't positive. I'll start a new post to see if we can get a general idea of what the current MSIs feel about the issue. http://student.westernu.edu/aecuenca/DO2004/01-03-19%20laptop.doc

Wow.. nice to see all the newcomers (SammyK, Nelly, Vince) here on the board to say hi! Some of you (other) guys seem to be a bit too hyper.. can we say caffeine junky? =P Well, I've been sick the last couple of days.. minor whiplash from one the high school kids I coach shoving me in the back.. and just this strange cold that popped up during the recent bout of cold weather here.

Anyway, I got a call on my machine from Susan too informing me they had received my paperwork for SAPP... and asking me if I wanted to do ISAC??? I'm definitely going to give them a call back because I had no intention of doing ISAC at all.. no previous anatomy experience here. :/ I'd get killed heh. I'm kinda curious why they didn't just put me in SAPP. Some wild speculation: 1) SAPP has too many people already and/or 2) ISAC doesn't have enough. Hehe, well, it is nice getting personal calls from administration though.

Hey.. whoever mentioned the apts. in Claremont with a parking garage.. I saw that too! (evin grin) Chino Hills actually looks pretty expensive now that I think about it.. running around 800-900 for a studio/single perhaps. Claremont has a few options though based on talking to a friend who goes to undergrad at Pomona College in Claremont... and Claremont is a nice area too. Chino has a couple cheap places and isn't too much farther.. I tried looking further south in Diamond Bar, but that seems expensive. I'm wondering if Fullerton would be too far.. plenty of housing over there.

Although I originally planned to go with a single/studio, it does seem a lot more affordable to go with a double. Some doubles have quite a bit of space.. 800-1000 sq feet.. 2 bathrooms.. and the pricing is sometimes only $100-$200 more than that of a single!!! Do we have to request to be on the list for the questionnaire or not?

Hmm... as for the male/female ratio, 60/40 sounds pretty feasible.. definitely not more unbalanced than that. You have to take into account the students from the other schools at Western.. so there should be a healthy spread of folks to meet.

Anyway, lots of things on the plate coming up fast.. I'm hoping to drive up to the area to grab some apartment paraphernalia and maybe even scout the area. When are any of you folks going to be visiting to check out apts?

Oh yeah, if anyone else wants to chat sometime.. I also have AIM/ICQ/etc. See you folks later! Let's go page 8!

[This message has been edited by melancholy (edited April 11, 2001).]

Hey everyone...

i don't even drink anything w/caffeine in it(including pepsi etc etc.)! so unfortunately i'm not a junkie (yet). for some reason i can't understand why so many like tea and coffee. anyways hey melancholy i'm thinking the same thing about the doubles. they are about a 100 more than a single or even a studio. so i'll look into the roomie info. also i think the school sends out the questionnaire to everyone and those interested in roomies return it. but that studio w/garage seems good.
robbc, that is exactly the link i was talking about regarding the laptop deal. if you check the website regularly its easy to get an idea of the things the current class does.

oh and i'm goin up to pomona in a few hours to check out the aparts. and the school. i'll let ya know what i see...

prit

[This message has been edited by PV1 (edited April 11, 2001).]

Yadda yadda, roomate finder shminder...

My Profile:
23yrs, B.S. in Biology, CA
Studious, generally brilliant, albeit not very organized. Prefer studious, academically responsible roomate with heightened sense of cleanliness, ability to apply it without hesitation. No partying or loud music unless its me that's doing it. No smoking, easy on the chris! Generally someone that is on the conservative side, easy going, funny, and doesnt mind when the Lakers game is on.

I'm not asking for much now, am I?
biggrin.gif

this post requires constant attention. you gents are slipping. Welcome to all the new COMP 2005 students. Props to the COMP ladies for representing!

C'mon AUGUST!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by adismo:
Yadda yadda, roomate finder shminder...

My Profile:
23yrs, B.S. in Biology, CA
Studious, generally brilliant, albeit not very organized. Prefer studious, academically responsible roomate with heightened sense of cleanliness, ability to apply it without hesitation. No partying or loud music unless its me that's doing it. No smoking, easy on the chris! Generally someone that is on the conservative side, easy going, funny, and doesnt mind when the Lakers game is on.
B]•

sup everyone,

bio update
21, biochem grad from ucsd as of january (longgggg vacation
biggrin.gif
), southern Cali

hey adismo...sounds like the general things i'm lookin for. an easy-going not too loud kinda person. non-smoking and keeping the place clean are definites. wait a sec...i agree with the loud music rule as long as i get my share of being LOUD!
smile.gif
have you checked out any places? i went to school today and i dunno about anyone else but that plaza place right by school seems cool. even optional garage. the two bedrooms were worth it for 915. it's gated too. haven't looked at any other apartments though. claremont runs in the same price range. only difference is that the drive could be kinda good in the morning to get your mind off school(depending upon if you like to drive). the drive around pomona was good cuz all the rain turned all the hills green. looks dope. the campus was deserted cuz the class has a neurosensory exam tomorrow so it was half-day. being there for an hour really got me looking forward come august.

AIM--&gt; Halcyon DRP
ICQ--&gt; 7393940

can't wait to hear from class of 2005

prit

[This message has been edited by PV1 (edited April 12, 2001).]

well you can add one more female to the list... I'm am also starting to think about the whole roomate deal... if any girls out there are interested, let me know...
my info: 22, grad from ucsd in 2000, and doing research for a year (can't wait to get outta here!), AND anxiously awaiting COMP (i know i will regret saying this pretty soon) and meeting all the rest of you guys....

NICE!!

Good to hear from new people...and the old timers as well...I called all of the places on the infamous "blue" sheet to get floor plans and pricing...for apts in the near-by area.
Some apts don't come with a fridge? Uh...hello? Apparently I am taking things for granted...My past renting experiences have always come with a fridge...

Oh boy..the West Coast is gonna be a BALL!!!

Yosh,
what blue sheet are you referring to? I guess you probably got some apt. info from COMP mailed to you? No fridges? That's crazy. Well, I hope they take that into account with the rent. Actually, I have seen a few apts. that don't "come" with refrigerators, but they automatically arrange for a rental fridge (and other appliances) to be brought in by the time you move in. Still, that's such a hassle. Out of curiousity, which apartments did you call? (names of apts and cities)

Oh yeah.. since Prit is giving out information left and right..

AIM - LannyHsu

As for my living prefs, I wouldn't mind someone who knows when to clean up stuff. I'm not a neat freak, but I consistently clean up after myself and other people just because I've been in some "hazardous" living conditions in the past.. (people leaving dishes in the sink till they mold, etc.) :p I have to wonder how much fun they have matching roommates up though.. kinda like doing the college roommate dorming thing.

I should probably take a look at whatever Plaza place Prit saw while he drove by the school, but I wouldn't mind living a bit farther away in a slightly nicer looking area for the same price.

My ICQ...since I am feeling left out is......

Please excuse the ICQ name..its a LONG LONG story....and I added you other two ICQ-ers on too....

no fridge? what kind of horse crap is that?
that BLUE sheet will come in real handy next weekend. just call up student services and ask for a cute little book and THE BLUE sheet. any requests? i'll be glad to check out some places for you guys/girls. one full day dedicated to putting my name on the apartements wanted list.

we might as well find roommates right here in this forum. response time is virtually instantaneous. i'll tell you what i'm looking for...2 bedroom/2 bathroom (within a reasonable budget of course)...that's all i require right now, details later...

i can tell right now, our class is going to rock! until a wonderful beginning.
PEACE!
~j

haha hey everyone...as Pyoj said response time is instantaneous on this board. i check 2x day..morning and night. melancholy and pyoj, that BLUE sheet has to be requested by calling the school. and the Plaza is the complex to the right and across the street from the school if you are standing in the parking lot facing the campus buildings (make sense?). ummm as pyoj said i'm interested in 2 bed and 2 bath as well. unfortunately the guy at Plaza said it was VERY difficult to get that layout in the complex. i don't mind living farther away and driving to campus at all. hey Yosh and Melancholy i added you guys to the icq and aim list as well. we'll get a chat goin soon.
smiles, you are the only other person i know from SD that is actually from UCSD and is going to COMP. my friend knows a girl at UCSD doing research this year and she is going to COMP next year so i'm wondering if she happens to be you. if you think you know who i'm talkin about (he's at ucsd med) then lemme know!

oh i almost forgot...yeah the fridge deal is messed up. Plaza said they are an extra 25-75 a month depending upon the size. I also thought most places came w/fridges. oh well. our class is gonna kick a$$
biggrin.gif

prit

here's to the women going to comp next year. I am 31 and I graduated from USC in 1992 with a degree in occupational therapy. I am now working as a certified hand specialist in west covina (near Pomona). so if anyone needs any help with anything from the area let me know by email. Any ISAC people out there. I think because of my anatomy experience, I got picked for the ISAC program, I did accept but after reading some of the post, I am getting a little nervous about it now. I was wondering if anyone got a scholarship with the airforce, I also accepted that. My email is [email protected] let me know if I can help with things.

------------------
Dawn Sangi

Instantaneous! Yosh has quite an interesting ICQ nickname.. heh... you guys have to see it for yourself.. or not. Anyway, yeah.. Yosh and Prit we gotta chat it up sometime. Looks like Prit has a nice dorm connection or cable/DSL going on..

Looks like I need to give the office a call to get my blue sheet.. it'll save me a trip up through the afternoon traffic. Prit.. how many places did you check out? (what locations) How nice does that Plaza look anyway? I bet there are a couple students that live there.. I remember hearing about students living really close to campus. Maybe that's where we will hold our after-hours study sessions.. heh.

Dawn (USC1992), since you're going to be attending that ISAC class, I was wondering if you knew whether or not all the students that attend that class are required to help out the anatomy class during the regular year.. or is that based on performance in the class (or voluntary?). Thanks.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by USC1992:
I am 31 and I graduated from USC in 1992 with a degree in occupational therapy

Glad to find out I'm not the oldest.
smile.gif

Good luck to all of you apt hunting. We are going to have such fun this Aug. Right guys/gals?

USC1992,

I think there is someone from our class on the AirForce HPSP. I think her name was LisaB. Do a search on her and you will find her post. Anyways, congrats on the scholarship. When is you're officer training course? I'm with the Navy, and mine is at the end of june

[This message has been edited by TNT (edited April 13, 2001).]

Hey all,
I was checkin out the "Plaza" apartments a couple of weeks ago. Relative to the surroudning area, I would say they are very nice apartments. Then again, I've lived in some pretty ghetto apartments before, so my judgement may be a bit off. Anyway, the manager there is named Dennis. . . he's a pretty nice guy but he definitely has a salesman mentality. He says a lot of students from western u and cal poly rent there, and he says the apartments fill up fast the month before school starts. Phone number there is 909-620-7368 in case your curious how much the apartments go for. Seems like a good place to live cuz it's literally right next to western u. I don't know about you guys, but I want all the sleep-in time I can get. I could truly wake up 20 minutes before class starts and still be on time.

Chris

[This message has been edited by prolixless (edited April 13, 2001).]

i got the army hpsp. my OBC is next summer, the army can be very flexible sometimes...
wink.gif

It is really cool to see how charged up everybody is to start in August. I am getting pumped to meet my classmates in person. I'm a little nervous about this whole apartment finding process as I am in Minnesota and that slightly impedes my ability to go check things out. For the most part is everyone from our class from CA?

sup everyone...

haha hey melancholy i forgot to mention yosh's icq name. very interesting indeed
biggrin.gif

anyways someone asked about the Plaza...i too think they looked very nice. i also spoke w/Dennis and he does have the salesman mentality. ok here's the deal. the 2bed/2bath are hard to get. the 2bed/1.25 bath are much easier cuz they have just been remodeled. and there is one more plan available. however i would like two complete baths. but i didn't check out any other places in person (had to meet an msI at COMP so didn't get time)...just called the aparts. on the blue sheet. melancholy...Dennis said that there are lots of students from COMP as well as cal poly and several others in the area. the place has the most singles out of all units available. USC...hey at least you'll be ahead of most of us if you do ISAC. my friend tells me its well worth it if you are willing to sacrifice 7 weeks of summer. melancholy...i miss the dorm ethernet. i finished up at ucsd so i'm at home now. have a second tele. line so i just keep the comp online all day. no point in gettin dsl if i'm gonna move out in a few months. gotta jet now...

prit

------------------
COMP D.O. 2005
AIM--&gt; Halcyon DRP
ICQ--&gt; 7393940

[This message has been edited by PV1 (edited April 13, 2001).]

Hi everyone. I'm 25, did my undergrad at UC Riverside in biology and anthropology. I was formerly a biomed, but decided I was too much of a human being to stay in the program. I also did my masters at UCR, in medical anthropology. Currently, I work for the County Health Department as an environmental health specialist, mostly doing restaurant inspections. I'm counting down the days until I hand in my resignation. 32 days to go...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this summer. I too think we're going to have a great class.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by JB023:
Hi everyone. I'm 25, did my undergrad at UC Riverside in biology and anthropology. I was formerly a biomed, but decided I was too much of a human being to stay in the program. I also did my masters at UCR, in medical anthropology. Currently, I work for the County Health Department as an environmental health specialist, mostly doing restaurant inspections. I'm counting down the days until I hand in my resignation. 32 days to go...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this summer. I too think we're going to have a great class.

JB023,

Do you work for OC Health Care Agency or LA County DHS? I'm with LAC DHS, and am itchin to get out soon...
Very pumped about COMP!

Greg

Hey Prit,
out of curiousity, how much are those singles at the Plaza going for.. are these single rooms or studios? Do the rooms themselves look nice? Wow.. that would almost be like living in dorms for me. If it's a reasonable price, that maybe a second option to finding a 2 bdrm/2 bath with another person.

Has anyone spoken to the professor in charge of ISAC? Dr... Unisai? I probably butchered his name since I haven't seen it on paper yet. Just wondering if anyone had some thoughts after speaking with him. Hey USC1992, congrats and don't worry.. you'll do just fine!

Wow, I forgot Cal Poly isn't very far either... whee.. college students.

SammyK, these stats are not very specific and they're outdated, but their fall 1999 report had some alumni profile for all the Western U. programs: geographically 77% are located in the 13 western states with the largest concentration quite naturally in California (%54). Sorry I can't find any other stats at the moment.. but you can probably see that while the majority is from the western states, there are quite a handful from areas around Texas, Ohio, New England, and even _Minnesota_.
smile.gif

PS- did you guys notice this is one of the longest running threads on the Osteopathic forums? I can feel page --&gt; 9 &lt;-- coming..

[This message has been edited by melancholy (edited April 13, 2001).]