western COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachbum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HOW HAVE WESTERN GRADUATES DO IN RESIDENCY MATCHES? DO THEY MATCH SUCCESFULLY IN TOP PROGRAMS IN CALIFORNIA? AND OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA? HOW DO THEY DO IN THE BOARDS?

THANK YOU

BEACHBUM...seeking info

Members don't see this ad.

You can do very well in the match from COMP. Many COMP graduates have matched into competitive allopathic programs too. I know several that have matched in good EM programs. I know of some that have gone to their residency at Loma Linda University, USC County, USC Children's, Cook County in Chicago.

I just looked at the 2000 and 2001 Match lists just now...i just remembered where i had a copy....lol....and here's some other recognizable hopsitals:

Henry Ford
U of Miami/Jackson Memorial
UC San Francisco Med Ctr
UC Irvine Med Ctr
UC Davis
Yale Univ Med Ctr
Martin Luther King/Drew
Texas A&M Scott and White
St. Vincent's Mercy Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic
Johns Hopkins
UCLA
Univ of Houston
Medical College of Georgia
Maricopa County
Cedars-Sinai
Georgetown Univ. Med Ctr.

Doesn't look to bad to me....i'm actually glad I double checked it....keeps my hopes up because I wouldn't mind a few of 'em. And there was more than 1 in each of these at least...many had multiple...I left a bunch out too....I think you get the idea.

COMP has its ups and downs like any school in the first two years, but you'll know your stuff when its all said and done.

Boards I think are average...I know COMP isn't on top, but we aren't on the bottom either....I think they sort of fluctuate year to year slightly.....I think we'll do well this year...all I see are classmates studying for boards....which reminds me.....I gotta go....
:eek:

I just remembered something else....all it takes is one impressive student from a school to get into a program and then people start looking closer at graduates from that school....we have some really bright people that I'm sure will be opening doors for future students......its good to see.

thanks vince. and good luck in your boards