western letter of rec????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyhey20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys!

so I'm applying for the fall 2009 cycle and I'm getting ready to ask for my letter of recs, but I'm a little confused. On pharmcas is says that western wants their letters of rec sent directly to the school, I checked the Western website and it doesn't say anything about that, it just says to apply through pharmcas then fill out their supplemental on their website. So, anyone who has experience applying at Western, do I just send the e-letter of rec through Pharmcas or do I have to print something out for my pharmacists/professor to fill out? This is my first time applying and now I know how everyone feels when application cycle comes around!!!
thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

WesternU does not use the recommendation forms from Pharmcas. They have thier own forms and u need to print out from their website. I dont think the forms are on thier website yet but contact the admissions to ask when the recommendation forms will be available.
http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/howtoapply/pharmd_application.xml

Goodluck

hey guys!

so I'm applying for the fall 2009 cycle and I'm getting ready to ask for my letter of recs, but I'm a little confused. On pharmcas is says that western wants their letters of rec sent directly to the school, I checked the Western website and it doesn't say anything about that, it just says to apply through pharmcas then fill out their supplemental on their website. So, anyone who has experience applying at Western, do I just send the e-letter of rec through Pharmcas or do I have to print something out for my pharmacists/professor to fill out? This is my first time applying and now I know how everyone feels when application cycle comes around!!!
thanks in advance!!

whats the purpose of a supplemental app? dont they get all the info from pharmcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
its all about the benjamins AKA they want yo money

Does anyone have updates regarding the evaluation form? My reference is going out of the country, I need to mail him the material desperately...

I just contacted the admissions office thru email, will contact them again by phone tomorrow. I will let you know if I have new info.

whats the purpose of a supplemental app? dont they get all the info from pharmcas?

No. Western has about 12 additional questions you have to answer. About a paragraph or two for each. I mean almost all schools have additional questions on their supplemental apps...

i asked the admission counselor on monday and they said "To answer your question as to when the Supplemental Application will become available, it will become available within the next 2 weeks. "

western is so nice...i went to visit last week. i'm from vegas. it's so nice. i hope i get an interview at least. :rolleyes: