Western U./COMP people?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by fishdoc, Apr 23, 1999.

1. fishdoc

fishdoc Junior Member

It looks like I am headed to Western U. Look out southern Cal. here I come!!!! I am sort of like Old Man Dave, I am 32 years old, and am totally pumped about starting a new career. I just wanted to hear from anyone else that may be going there, get any info. That I can. Is anyone doing the I.S.A.C. program. It looks like my summer obligations are going to prevent me from going, but I am going to try to make the Summer anatomy prep program. Anyone with info on housing or anything else let me know!! CONGRADULATIONS TO EVERYONE, SEE YA THIS FALL!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. adri

adri Junior Member

hello fishdoc,
    i just got off the waitlist and was finally accepted to Western COMP!..I AM SO EXCITED ...congrats on your's and i look forward to meeting you !

4. DJ

DJ Member

adri,
    Congrats. When did you interview, get waitlisted, and got in? I'm still waiting to hear from them.
    Does anyone know if it's true that the entering class size for 1999 has been increased to 200 students?

5. Henry

Henry Senior Member

Congratulation Adri. You have gone a long way to get to this point. Enjoy your sumer and get ready for the new challenge in Fall.

6. NickCVM

NickCVM Senior Member

Congratulations to all WesternU'ers.
    See you in the fall!
    Nicolas
    WesternU'03

7. edgar

edgar Senior Member

Western people,

Look forward to seeing you all in August. Are any of you planning to go on the retreat at Lake Arrowhead? Nick and I defnitely plan to be there. DJ, at my interview in October they told me that the class size would be the same as last year's class, 176 students. I have not heard anything to the contrary to the grapevine. Fishdoc and adri, send me an e-mail if you have the chance ([email protected]). See you guys in 3 months!

EDGAR

8. adri

adri Junior Member

dj,
    I interviewed april 8th,waitlisted apr 21, and accepted apr 23. i hope you hear soon...it is torcher to have to wait. good luck
    Henry,
    thanks! i am going to continue working through the summer (as a lab tech) and having fun in the sun here in San Dog, but will be reaady for the "motherload" in the fall.
    Congrats to all western u comp people!
    adri

9. cliff

cliff Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Congrats fishdoc and adri !X!X!X!X!
    Good luck DJ.

Let me get this right adri. You were wait listed at COMP for 2 days?

Do you know how COMP is dealing with other applicants on their wait list?

10. Moon

Moon Member

Congrat Fishdoc and Adri.
    I had interview with COMP on April 1st and was on the wait list on April 15. I have not heard anything from them. I'm curious if anybody knows how the admission committee get people off the wait list. Waiting is such a torture [​IMG]. Thanks

11. adri

adri Junior Member

cliff and moon,
    i am as surprised as you are (being waitlisted 2 days). as far as i know there is no rank on the waitlist. when someone declines their acceptance (which i have done for all those waiting to get into lecom),the committee reviews ALL the waitlist applicants and selects. I think it's just luck at that point, because they obviously think all on the list are qualified. i would suggest calling the admisions office showing an interest or a reassurance that you definitely would go there if accepted. i made it very clear at my interview that western was my 1st choice and would not hesitate to decline other acceptances. at this point in the pprocess,i think they are looking for students who truly want to go THERE. anyway, bug them in the office, make your name heard..maybe it will stick in their minds the next time they look at the list!Good luck to everyone!