Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Western Univ. housing

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by new_med, Jan 18, 2000.

1. new_med

new_med Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello,

I am moving from LA closer to Western University and looking for an apartment in Claremont, Diamond Bar, etc. Any tips on finding an apartment in that area will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Natasha

2. DJ

DJ Member
    10+ Year Member

Natasha,

You can try searching listings on the net, in the newspaper(The Daily Bulletin), and from apt. rental guides placed at local supermarkets.

You can try http://www.apartmentguide.com/index.htm
    and go to "Inland Empire" and select your desired cities.

There's also an online version of Daily Bulletin on the net: http://www.dailybulletin.com

I would recommend looking apts. in the following cities: La Verne, Claremont, Chino, Chino Hills, Diamond Bar, Montclair, Upland, and Rancho Cucamonga.

Good luck with the search,

------------------
    DJ
    WU/COMP Class of 2004!

3. new_med

new_med Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the info, DJ. Do you know which area would be the best in terms of the distance to the school, safety, access, etc.?
    So, I guess we'll be classmates? [​IMG]

Natasha

4. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Natasha,

I am from the islands. When I first decided to attend WesternU/COMP, I did not have a clue about where to live. The only time I had ever visited WesternU's area was when I flew in for an interview. Students were telling me that if I chose to attend WesternU then look for apartments around the area except Pomona-it just seems like a very shady neighborhood.

I did my apartment search via the website that DJ mentioned. My first semester of my 1st year, I lived in an apartment in Onatario. The area was also kind of unsafe...I didn't feel very comfortable. After my 6 month lease, I left for Upland.

If price doesn't matter, there are really nice apartments in Chino & Claremont. A lot of COMP students live there-I didn't because it was too expensive for me. Upland is really nice, affordable, & very close to the campus. I recommmend it highly [​IMG]

Overall, anything North of the 10 freeway or South of the 60 freeway are very nice & safe. Others in between are not so great!!! During the day, its okay & the area doesn't seem as bad, but at night its a little scary walking around here by yourself.

Good luck apartment hunting!!!! [​IMG]

Rob
    WesternU/COMP Class of 2002

5. new_med

new_med Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks, Future DOc,

I'll start searching soon! Good luck to you.

6. DJ

DJ Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi future classmate,

I think La Verne, Claremont, Upland, Montclair, Chino, and Diamond Bar are good choices in terms of their close proximity to school and shopping areas. Like Rob said, apts. in Clarement and Chino can be pricey.

Good luck,

------------------
    DJ
    WU/COMP Class of 2004!