Western University Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty quiet over here. Does anyone know if there are any more interviews? Or if the interview for international students has already happened?

Hello hgp17! I don't think there are any more interviews. The last one, which was for the international students (plus some U.S. students), was on Feb 28.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello hgp17! I don't think there are any more interviews. The last one, which was for the international students (plus some U.S. students), was on Feb 28.
So decisions for those put on hold from earlier interviews should be coming out soon?

So decisions for those put on hold from earlier interviews should be coming out soon?

Sorry, I'm not completely sure >_< I do know that on my interview day, Western said that Feb 28 is the last interview day and that your hold status may change after this date, but they didn't specify when. I have a friend from the Feb 28 date interview and she hasn't heard anything yet even though it's been over a week. HappyAngel502 is from the Jan 31 date and her file is still under review. So, I think those put on hold from earlier interviews will probably not hear back anytime real soon until they get through all those people?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the Feb 28th interview?

I don't think anyone has. I talked to a bunch of people from the Feb 28th interview and no one gotten anything. The ones that called in got ambiguous answers. They shouldn't promise decisions within a week and not deliver. It's border -lining the third week. -.-

They sent out their decisions via snail mail. -.- My friend and I just got it today from the Feb 28th interview.

I just got their decision today by snail mail as well

Those who received decisions today are you from the Feb 28 interview or one of the previous ones

I was from the Jan 31st interview and I just received in the mail that was dated from the 17th of March saying I was placed on the alternates list.

Has anyone gotten accepted from the decision? Seems like they just put a bunch of people on the alternates list.

Has anyone gotten accepted from the decision? Seems like they just put a bunch of people on the alternates list.
Based on last year's thread, I think they begin to take people off the alternate list around April 1

Reactions: 1 user
I am from the jan 31st interview and still haven't heard anything from western yet.
Does that mean I got rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Western gives out any scholarships or grants in their financial aid packages to prospective pharm students?

Hey guys, I just got placed on alternate list. Is there a chance that I will get accepted?

Hey guys, I just got placed on alternate list. Is there a chance that I will get accepted?

I talked to a couple Western students and yes, you do have a high chance. But how soon is another question. You may not get notified until August (I think that's when they start taking a lot of people off the list). I had a friend who was accepted a week before classes started. I'm not sure how big their alternate list is but you can take the gamble. Just have a back up school just in case.

I interviewed on 31 Jan, was put on hold, and given an offer 17 Mar. I have just declined the offer and given up my seat, hopefully one of you guys gets it! :)

Reactions: 2 users
will be withdrawing hope it goes to someone well deserving!

Anyone have recommendations on housing that isn't so expensive? I don't mind livings 5-10 minute drive away from campus

Anyone have recommendations on housing that isn't so expensive? I don't mind livings 5-10 minute drive away from campus
If you find information about closer cheaper housing please let me know. I don't know where to look right now. Also by any chance do you know if there is a Facebook page for the class of 2019?

I am still waiting, been on the alternate list for about a month now. I would love to attend this school.

I am still waiting, been on the alternate list for about a month now. I would love to attend this school.

Hello! I interviewed on Jan 31, was put on hold a week later, and then put on the alternate list in mid-March. I was accepted to WesternU on April 13, but have decided to attend another school. I hope you get in! Good luck everyone!

Omg!!! I hope :) thank u so much. Wish me luck please! Good luck with school u decided to go to.

Got accepted off of the waitlist this morning by email! I interviewed 1/31. Woohoo Western!

When was your Interview?
It was 1/31, first I was put on wait list then on the alternate list and I am still waiting to hear from them :( I am thinking of calling them but I don't know if I should do that

Got accepted off of the waitlist this morning by email! I interviewed 1/31. Woohoo Western!
some one herd back this past Friday. I am going to wait tomorrow and see if i hear back, if not, then I will call too. My friend that got in said this is the last month for students to drop their seats. There should be seats available soon. I am hoping we hear soon.

I hope we do! Goodluck to both of us
hey if you decide to call them, Can you ask them if they go through the alternate list in chronological order? I called them to ask how many people was on the hold or alternate list. they could not disclose it. I even made a thread but no one responded. It would be nice to know how many people are waiting

hey if you decide to call them, Can you ask them if they go through the alternate list in chronological order? I called them to ask how many people was on the hold or alternate list. they could not disclose it. I even made a thread but no one responded. It would be nice to know how many people are waiting

I emailed them too but they didn't respond back. I will try and call and let you know :)

I emailed them too but they didn't respond back. I will try and call and let you know :)
I am on the waitlist for western as well. and they told me that this can go on till august 10. if anyone knows how this is waitlist thing work. plz explain. Are we waiting on people to drop to take their spot?

I am on the waitlist for western as well. and they told me that this can go on till august 10. if anyone knows how this is waitlist thing work. plz explain. Are we waiting on people to drop to take their spot?
And i am referrring to western(california) just to be clear.. thank you

can someone help me plzz.. i am not sure whether to be optimistic or pessimistic about this whole waitlist thing... of course there's no 100% guarantee of acceptance but how high are the chances of getting in?

And i am referrring to western(california) just to be clear.. thank you
Yes, they just look for someone with the same stats as the student on the wait list to drop then they give you their spot

I read that people have till the end of this month to decline.. is that true?

I read that people have till the end of this month to decline.. is that true?

I wouldn't doubt that since they did state that people can get accepted from wait list or alternate list up until the week of orientation.

got an email yesterday that I've been accepted off the alternate list

ha yeah sorry, didn't realize this was the pharmacy thread :-/ oops!

Hi guys,

Although I won't be going here, I wanted to give those on the alternate list an update:

- Interviewed 12/13/14
- App put on hold (email) early Feb
- Received letter in mail late March for option to be placed as an alternate. I mailed them back the following day saying No.
- Received email from Daniell Mendoza today 6/25 stating I've been accepted when I had previously declined.

It's a nice feeling to know that I was still considered, but for those still waiting, there is still hope as they are getting down that list.

Hey everyone, I was just accepted today (July 10th) around 4pm. :) I interviewed February 28th and was put on the alternate list March 21st.

I guess I should have also said this: I will be declining my admission offer. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Hi everyone!

I just received an email from Western today and I got accepted! :) I have resigned from KGI and will accept the offer! So everyone who is still on the alternate list, there is still hope!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Hi everyone!

I just received an email from Western today and I got accepted! :) I have resigned from KGI and will accept the offer! So everyone who is still on the alternate list, there is still hope!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Congratulations! If you get a chance pls check your private messages! Thx