Western University College of Optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptometryG4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently had my interview at Western University College of optometry on Oct 8th. They told me i would be notified by mail in 2 weeks. My question is has anyone had an interview date earlier than mine and recieved a letter? Or did they call you? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How long did you wait after you turned in your app to get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
had my interview on Sept 22, 2008(first day) and got my letter of acceptance on Sept 30, 2008(first student to be accepted)........Great School!!

Could anybody who had interview with western tell me about the interview question and how it went. was there any essays. I really appreciate it

I had my interview in the first part of October on a Thursday and I got an acceptance letter the next Monday.

They interview was closed file with behavioral based questions. Just think of a lot of past experiences that shaped your life and you should be fine.

Hi, I recently had my interview at Western University College of optometry on Oct 8th. They told me i would be notified by mail in 2 weeks. My question is has anyone had an interview date earlier than mine and recieved a letter? Or did they call you? thanks

Hi! Did you get an interview notification by email?

Congrats to everyone! I will be seeing you guys in AUG!!

i just received an invitation for an interview. can someone give some feedback on the interview day? how many people in the interview group? schedule of events? what you wish you had known beforehand? difficulty of essay question if there was one? thanks in advance!

hey everyone, I just got an invitation for an interview as well...I interview on November 24th at 7:45 am...Can anyone shed some light on how to critically prepare, or post some questions that were posed to you personally for an idea on what to expect?

I'll be travelling from South Florida, so what would ppl recommend as to how much in advance to travel? one day, two days?

Thanks, I'd greatly appreciate it...Im very ecstatic...Im reapplying for the third time and I am finally getting results...this means a tremendous amount to me...thanks everyone

Alright, so I'm torn. I applied to Western as kind of a "last resort/what the hell" type thing.

So far I have 3 interviews elsewhere (SUNY, SCCO & NECO), and I'm waiting on PCO (I just sent that one out though), and I'm still applying to UCBSO. Should I even bother going through with my interview at Western? They called me to confirm a date, but I told them I'd call them back. I wanted to kill two birds with one stone and set it up so that I could interview at Western while I was there for my SCCO interview... but it didn't work out.

So, is it worth it to follow through with a school that doesn't have accreditation and I would absolutely end up being a guinea pig while they work out the kinks in their brand new program? Especially knowing that I'm a competitive candidate?

Obviously considering there are people in this thread who have confirmed acceptance there, and you all must have thought about these things also. What is it about the school that made you decide to confirm acceptance, despite the obvious concerns?

oh yes, i meant 24th =)

and blysssful, i guess im kind of in the same situation as you. i've already interviewed with SUNY and my interview with SCCO is put on hold until i turn in this semester's transcript (which wont be until early January). i've also applied to ICO, NECO, and i'm working on UCBSO. i figured that interviewing at western U wouldnt hurt--i'll be getting interview experience, and i'd tour a brand new campus. and who knows, maybe after the tour and interview, i'll end up liking the place.

Last edited:
Hi, I accepted a seat at Western last week. I was also accepted to SCO and had interview invitations for Pacific, ICO, and PCO. I was feeling a bit weary about Western too because its a new program and there are many unknowns, but when I went for interviews I had a really good feeling about it. If you have any questions PM me.

...and got my acceptance letter in the mail today! Of couse I'm very happy, but with at least three more interviews coming up at SUNY, NECO, and SCCO, I'm a bit reluctant to accept just yet. Also, I am still applying to Berkeley. My GPA is 3.48 and OAT AA 370.

I originally applied to this school as a safety, but I don't want to invest $500 for a seat if I have a decent shot at a better school. They only give you two weeks to give an answer. What do you guys think?