Western University DPT Class of 2015!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT808

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got accepted in the Class of 2015! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! When did you interview? I interviewed on January 14th and was placed as a high priority alternate, which was before my academic update that included two prereqs. I'm hoping I get a seat in the class!

Members don't see this ad :)
cool! I interviewed the 23rd of Jan.

Hey I am also keeping my fingers crossed that I get in since I was placed on the high priority waitlist as well. I wonder how the high priority list works and about how many students are chosen and are on it. Hope we both get in!!good luck and keep me informed if you hear anything.

Yea I'm not sure exactly because they didn't even mention a separate high priority alternate vs alternate list on the day of the interview. But they do have separate lists so hopefully that means good news for us. One of the admissions counselors told me high priority alternate files will be reviewed again at the end of interviews, which I think is next weekend. Good luck!

Got accepted in the Class of 2015! :)
My younger brother has an interview at Western for their DPT program next week and I told him about this site for interview feedback. Do you mind reflecting on your interview experience at Western U for their DPT program (details, tips, etc.) Also, do you know if the interview is a blind interview, meaning once you've reached their academic standards for means of an interview, they accept you solely on your interview (no grades, GRE score, etc.). I was accepted into optometry school 4 years ago and received much help from this site in regards to the interview process and I'll be graduating this May! Any help is gratefully appreciated! I am wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors at Western. My good friend just graduated from their DPT program last summer and didn't state any dissatisfaction with the program so don't let any negative feedback in regards of the institution discourage you!

My interviewers had my file directly in front of them, so it definitely is not a blind interview. Tell him to be prepared to come up with negative experiences in work, school, observation hours, etc. and how he came out of them and was better for it.

Does anyone know what is included in the interview? Does it have writing exam in the interview?

My interviewers had my file directly in front of them, so it definitely is not a blind interview. Tell him to be prepared to come up with negative experiences in work, school, observation hours, etc. and how he came out of them and was better for it.

Thank you! This will definitely help. His interview is soon. Did they require you to write an essay previous to the interview?

I was just accepted at Western University too!!

I asked about the curriculum and the differing opinions during my interview. They said they have changed their curriculum recently due to wants and needs of the students. I also had the chance to sit-in during their anatomy lab and asked the students how they like the program. Everyone had very positive things to say. I think the problem and "malignant' program has been addressed and changed for the better. Can't wait to meet everyone in August!!

Hi caramella when did you hear back from your acceptance? Were you accepted or on a waitlist then accepted. Just curious to know if anyone has been called from the waitlist yet,because im on the high priority list and im hoping I get in.congrats to you !!when was your deposit due?

Hey reesedimicali, thanks! I heard back from Western on 3/28. I was one of the students selected off the interview waitlist (didn't have my interview until 3/23). During the information session before the interview we were told there were 1500 applicants this year and 300 interviewers. Only 20-22 seats in the class have been filled to that day. There are about 40-50 people on the high priority alternate list and another 20-30 people on the regular alternate this. They have not started calling people off the high priority alternate. There were 21 people in my interview group and there was another group before us as well but I'm not sure how many people were in that group. There were several people in my group that have been accepted at other schools and some even said they would not attend Western if accepted. I'm sure there are people on the high alternate list that are in the same boat and will decline an acceptance from Western since it's already the end of March. Best of luck to you! I hope you get in!

Oh! the deposit is due on April 11.

Hi caramella when did you hear back from your acceptance? Were you accepted or on a waitlist then accepted. Just curious to know if anyone has been called from the waitlist yet,because im on the high priority list and im hoping I get in.congrats to you !!when was your deposit due?

Last edited:
Hey just wondering if anyone out there is planning to reject their offer to Western or has gotten off the high priority waitlist? I'm currently on the high priority waitlist and just trying to see if anyone has gotten in from the waitlists yet.

I was on the high priority wait list and got in last night, not sure if I will be attending or not. The post by jbill is certainly alarming though.

yea that post is scary.when is your deposit due and did you get in at any other programs?

Yeah I got into a few others. The deposit is due on 20/4 but I am 99% certain I won't be sending it in.