Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how being put on hold works for this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone interviewing tomorrow planning on going to the pizza social tonight? I rsvp'd "yes" to pizza but then never got a follow-up email with the location. Did this happen to anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone interviewing tomorrow planning on going to the pizza social tonight? I rsvp'd "yes" to pizza but then never got a follow-up email with the location. Did this happen to anyone else?
It's tonight at 6 at Heritage Hall (classroom). I don't know which room that is but I'm sure there will be someone to guide us.

Whoever is going to the event and is staying at the best western hotel, want to meet up and walk together?

Okay; was wondering because I was complete and beginning review on October 7th I believe for the Lebanon campus but haven't heard back yet or anything. We have the same LizzyM score

To be honest, I think the reason I have gotten so many interviews is not my stats. I think it is my story and my experience with OMM

Reactions: 1 users
I hope everyone did awesome! :)

Hey guys. While completing my Pomona app it had the question did you apply to lebanon campus which caused me to look into it. My fiance will be moving with me and works in commercial real estate so all schools I applied to are semi close to big cities. Lebanon being 1.5 hours from Portland makes it (kinda) do-able for us so I added it to my AACOMAs and have now received the secondary. After reading this thread and realizing I'm going to have to change all my essays I'm wondering if its even worth it. I'm worried if I do submit it might even hurt my Pomona app by having highly similar answers to the good fit and why this campus questions since the website barely even distinguishes between the 2 schools. It being so late in the game and my Lizzy score is only 63 so not too great. Anyone know if they even have that many II slots open or if this is just a huge waste of my time and money and potentially could hurt my Pomona app? Thanks!

Hey guys. While completing my Pomona app it had the question did you apply to lebanon campus which caused me to look into it. My fiance will be moving with me and works in commercial real estate so all schools I applied to are semi close to big cities. Lebanon being 1.5 hours from Portland makes it (kinda) do-able for us so I added it to my AACOMAs and have now received the secondary. After reading this thread and realizing I'm going to have to change all my essays I'm wondering if its even worth it. I'm worried if I do submit it might even hurt my Pomona app by having highly similar answers to the good fit and why this campus questions since the website barely even distinguishes between the 2 schools. It being so late in the game and my Lizzy score is only 63 so not too great. Anyone know if they even have that many II slots open or if this is just a huge waste of my time and money and potentially could hurt my Pomona app? Thanks!

Two things:

1. The applications are read separately by different admissions committees. Don't worry about having the same info in both apps though I don't see how that possible considering their secondary asks for your specific interests in the NW, etc.
2. I was OOS with a LizzyM of 64 and was granted an interview. Got waitlisted but I believe it was more because I'm not from the NW and they would rather have NW applicants fill their class and replace with OOS later once they accept offers elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Two things:

1. The applications are read separately by different admissions committees. Don't worry about having the same info in both apps though I don't see how that possible considering their secondary asks for your specific interests in the NW, etc.
2. I was OOS with a LizzyM of 64 and was granted an interview. Got waitlisted but I believe it was more because I'm not from the NW and they would rather have NW applicants fill their class and replace with OOS later once they accept offers elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

I don't think it has to do with being out of state. I was OOS, granted an interview, and accepted. I think once you are invited for an interview the interviewers are really interested in how you will excel at Western as well as if you are a good fit for the town. They have a lot of community outreach.

i got an interview and acceptance out of state too. i'm from the other side of the country, but i think it really has something to do with your interest in serving the oregon community. i am super excited about the possibility of living and practicing in oregon and i did my best to convey that during the interview.

I agree with @parpar2222 and @drplzz
I was accepted with a passion to help small underserved communities.
I am another OOS with strong interests in rural medicine and helping out small town communities. I also have interests in moving back to my underserved town after residency.

Here's to hoping the 12/02 interviewees hear something back this week!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! Does anyone know if they plan to build a library or any more study space?

I agree with @parpar2222 and @drplzz
I was accepted with a passion to help small underserved communities.
I am another OOS with strong interests in rural medicine and helping out small town communities. I also have interests in moving back to my underserved town after residency.[/QUOTE

What date did you interview? congrats on the acceptance!

Last edited:
Two things:

Hope this helps!

I am not from the NW and I was accepted so do not worry about being from the NW or not! I was very worried about this as well when applying. You just need to show that you are dedicated to going there if they do accept you. Which I am!

Anyone hear back from the 12/02 interview yet?

If it's worth anything, my buddy who interviewed on a Saturday heard back on a Friday.. sucks cuz i had to pay a hefty deposit at a school when I hope to go here.

The school has been closed this week due to snow. Maybe that's why?

Do you guys know if they accept updates pre-II? and if yes, what email address should we send it to?

Does anyone know who we email about questions with our application (incomplete missing mcat score)? Or what number we can call? Thanks!

Does anyone know who we email about questions with our application (incomplete missing mcat score)? Or what number we can call? Thanks!

Jeannie is who I contacted when I had a missing LOR. I'm sure she can help with scores.

Jeannie Davis
— Assistant Director of Admissions
(541) 259 – 0214
[email protected]

No one from the interview December 3rd group has heard back yet?

Still no word here, anyone else heard anything from the 3rd interview group?

hey guys, I interviewed on the 3rd as well. I called the school last week and the campus is closed until January 2nd for winter break. So we'll maybe hear back next week unless the committee is still meeting

hey guys, I interviewed on the 3rd as well. I called the school last week and the campus is closed until January 2nd for winter break. So we'll maybe hear back next week unless the committee is still meeting
And to think they said we'd hear back in 10-15 days......

crap.... thanks for the info!

Wonder if they will extend the time frame for us to have to throw down that $2,000 deposit...

When did they say it was due? I've forgotten

I think they said the $2000 deposit is paid in $1,000 installments. I think the 1st installment was due today and then the 2nd on 1/30 but I'm not sure 100% on this.

I think they said the $2000 deposit is paid in $1,000 installments. I think the 1st installment was due today and then the 2nd on 1/30 but I'm not sure 100% on this.

I would have a hard time justifying in my mind the idea of paying $1000 to a school that hasn't actually accepted me yet :). I believe they stated that the $1000 deposit was due on Jan 15th and then again in Feb.

I believe the deadlines are different for each interview group.

I would have a hard time justifying in my mind the idea of paying $1000 to a school that hasn't actually accepted me yet :). I believe they stated that the $1000 deposit was due on Jan 15th and then again in Feb.

Oh yeah I agree haha, I think I had those days in mind assuming that they would've gotten back to us within 10-15 days.

We have to hear soon right? Right now I have an interview scheduled for 1/20 at PNWU but haven't booked a flight or hotel yet... hoping I won't have to if I get an acceptance here!

EDIT: 10 minutes after posting this I got the call... accepted! Now I have to decide if I want to cancel my PNWU interview or not!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/3!

Reactions: 3 users