Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, did your secondary application update to say "Accepted" in the "Decision:" box?

I'm having a really hard time deciding whether or not I want to cancel my 1/21 interview here. I'm from the Midwest with a few other acceptances but I've always wanted to check out the PNW for school and to live in the future. Could any accepted students briefly tell me why they chose this school? You can PM me if you'd rather but I'd love to hear about someone else's perspective!

Reactions: 1 user
For those that are rejected or waitlisted, does anyone know how they are notified? Is it via email?

Does anyone know if they send out all of the acceptances on the same day? I got the impression during my interview that I was going to get in, but alas I see others getting acceptances, and I've got silence....hmmm. :nailbiting:

Does anyone know if they send out all of the acceptances on the same day? I got the impression during my interview that I was going to get in, but alas I see others getting acceptances, and I've got silence....hmmm. :nailbiting:
I've read in previous threads they sometimes come on different days and not to get discouraged.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone care to share their insight into COMP-NW vs PNWU? I have interviewed and was accepted at both, and at this point I'm leaning towards COMP-NW because the campus seems more centrally-located to other areas, the curriculum is more established given the history of WesternU, and core rotation sites aren't as spread out.

Anyone care to share their insight into COMP-NW vs PNWU? I have interviewed and was accepted at both, and at this point I'm leaning towards COMP-NW because the campus seems more centrally-located to other areas, the curriculum is more established given the history of WesternU, and core rotation sites aren't as spread out.

I have COMP-NW over PNWU and I think the biggest factor for me (there are several actually) is that the 3&4 year rotations seem much better.. in larger hospitals such as Legacy. And I suspect that with how well WesternU is established as a school in general might open better doors for away rotations. I'll be going to COMP-NW provided that I don't get an acceptance to a school that I interview at in February.

For those of you who have been accepted.. will you all be going here?

I have COMP-NW over PNWU and I think the biggest factor for me (there are several actually) is that the 3&4 year rotations seem much better.. in larger hospitals such as Legacy. And I suspect that with how well WesternU is established as a school in general might open better doors for away rotations. I'll be going to COMP-NW provided that I don't get an acceptance to a school that I interview at in February.

For those of you who have been accepted.. will you all be going here?

For all the reasons you both state I would agree with COMP-NW being my choice as well, and there is also climate... COMP-NW is in the foothills of the cascades on the Westside, PNWU is in the foothills of the cascades on the Eastside. Both are relatively smaller communities. So, do you want a desert location with lots of farmland (giving you amazing produce that you can go pick), or do you want a more temperate climate with lots of trees. I myself have always lived in the trees, so this is where I shall stay.

I will ultimately be going here if my state schools turn me down.

I interviewed 12/8, hoping for acceptance. I got accepted by DMU, and I interviewed there on 12/15. Show me some loooove COMP-NW

Accepted too! Go us! Interviewed 12/3

Reactions: 2 users
I think they said the $2000 deposit is paid in $1,000 installments. I think the 1st installment was due today and then the 2nd on 1/30 but I'm not sure 100% on this.

I called admissions today and they said it is due 2/1/17 but I would double check to make sure. I paid my second one today just in case lol.

Anyone who was accepted from 12/3 interview date get their letter or figure out how to pay the deposit?

Anyone who was accepted from 12/3 interview date get their letter or figure out how to pay the deposit?
I know that if you accept the offer, you will be directed to a page to pay the deposits; however, I'm not sure how you pay the deposits if you aren't positive you are going to accept.

I think they said that the instructions will be on both the letter and email whenever they send it.

II just now! Scheduled for 02/11/17.

Reactions: 3 users
Can any students comment on the best/cheap places to live? Preferably a single or a studio apartment and the approximate price ranges? Thank you!

I have general questions about the school and Lebanon region in general; would any current DOs be able to field some questions to me via PM? Thanks so much!

Congrats to all that were accepted! I got my acceptance letter the night before I left the country six days ago, and I remember checking to make sure when the deposit is due, but i completely forgot to make sure I didn't need to officially accept my offer by a certain separate date!

Does anyone know if we have to go online and accept our offer officially by a sooner date than feb 1st? I'd appreciate if someone could comment...I am high key freaking out a little right now

Congrats to all that were accepted! I got my acceptance letter the night before I left the country six days ago, and I remember checking to make sure when the deposit is due, but i completely forgot to make sure I didn't need to officially accept my offer by a certain separate date!

Does anyone know if we have to go online and accept our offer officially by a sooner date than feb 1st? I'd appreciate if someone could comment...I am high key freaking out a little right now

I don't know if there is a specific date but you do have to accept the offer via mail and online; login to same site you did secondaries and accept offer online that way

I don't know if there is a specific date but you do have to accept the offer via mail and online; login to same site you did secondaries and accept offer online that way
Thank you so much!

Is there anyone interviewing on 1/21 and landing at PDX on 1/2o(Fri) before noon or early afternoon willing to share a ride with me?
I have already booked a rental car, but I am not a regular driver and I don't feel comfortable driving for two hours. Please PM me or reply if you are interested. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Is there anyone interviewing on 1/21 and landing at PDX on 1/2o(Fri) before noon or early afternoon willing to share a ride with me?
I have already booked a rental car, but I am not a regular driver and I don't feel comfortable driving for two hours. Please PM me or reply if you are interested. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Hey! I don't regularly drive either and I have to say- it's a pretty easy drive (and also totally beautiful!) Very straight, but be aware that it can be super windy. I actually thought something was wrong with my rental car.

Last edited:
Any current students know of any good places to play basketball in the area? It's how I keep the peace in my life lol

Reactions: 2 users
is attendance required? Lectures recorded?

Anybody interview on 12/8 doing the MMI on Skype today?

Yeah, I interviewed on 12/8 and they sent me an email to do the MMI portion over Skype in order to complete the interview so I may be forwarded to committee.