Western University of Health Scicences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmss011223344

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been hearing for students of the podiatry program that the president of this school is making it the "Harvard" of podiatry and that it is miserable. The school is so competitive that they don't feel like they are learning anything because it is such a hostile learning environment that many transfer to a different school. Considering this, what do you think about the veterinary school. Have you heard any of the same opinions? What do you think about this school? What school is better/worse?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have been hearing for students of the podiatry program that the president of this school is making it the "Harvard" of podiatry and that it is miserable. The school is so competitive that they don't feel like they are learning anything because it is such a hostile learning environment that many transfer to a different school. Considering this, what do you think about the veterinary school. Have you heard any of the same opinions? What do you think about this school? What school is better/worse?
There are a lot of pods that live in my building and I have not heard this to be the case. We're separate from the pod school, so I really don't think that you should factor what they say into your impression of the school. Not to mention, our President is just an interim president at the moment and the new one has yet to be chosen.

Reactions: 1 user
There are a lot of pods that live in my building and I have not heard this to be the case. We're separate from the pod school, so I really don't think that you should factor what they say into your impression of the school. Not to mention, our President is just an interim president at the moment and the new one has yet to be chosen.

So you are attending there right now? Would you mind sharing your personal experience with the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you are attending there right now? Would you mind sharing your personal experience with the school?
I am. I'm finishing up my third year. Happy to answer any questions via PM, and feel free to read through my post history.

Reactions: 1 user
i've never heard anyone call us the Harvard of Podiatry because how does that even make sense. It's just plain cheesy.

With that being said, I can also tell you that all the DPM students are tight knit. I haven't seen people being competitive or cut throat. If anything, there's google drives and files/notes/books handed down from one student to another. Everyone's in this to succeed together.

It's unfortunate that there are a few who may not be able to digest all the material and may have to choose a different field all together but you find that anywhere.