Western university of health sciences CLASS of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gemma57

Reaction score
Hey Y'all!!! I made this thread so we can talk about any updates on the application status. Has anyone heard back anything from western since their interview last week? I did the early decision and had an interview on the 6th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not yet! So nervous!
They told us that decision will be made by tomorrow, right??

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions for western because pharmd admissions are not answering. she said that she doesn't know why they said 1 week when its more like 2. she said most likely start tomorrow and will hear by friday. ED is faster

I called admissions for western because pharmd admissions are not answering. she said that she doesn't know why they said 1 week when its more like 2. she said most likely start tomorrow and will hear by friday. ED is faster
omg!!! then why would they say one week? that's so annoying! good thing you called tho! keep us updated :(

Members don't see this ad :)
why hasn't mine been updated yet? I'm so stressed and sad tbh!! :((((

Just wanted to chime in. I got accepted to Western back in 2012 but declined. I decided to go to an out of state school which was not only much cheaper but also more highly ranked. Have you guys seen their tuition fees??? (Budget for Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) | Financial Aid) You're going to end up $226,843 in debt. It would take 8 years at my current salary to pay that off and I live very frugally, have roommates, drive a cheap car, etc. Thankfully I ended up with much less debt and it's going to take only a total of 4 years for me to pay mine off. And that's with my current salary too. We all know salaries are on a downward trend. There's a good chance we won't even be making above six figures by the time you guys graduate.

Reactions: 1 users
thank you for your comment. would you recommend pharmacy schools in washington or organ?

thank you for your comment. would you recommend pharmacy schools in washington or organ?
Of course my best recommendation is to not go to pharmacy school at all due to job saturation and declining salaries and opportunities. But if you're hellbent on becoming a pharmacist, I would go with the cheapest one. For example, University of Washington tuition after you become WA resident is considerably lower than Western and it's a top 10 school. Although I bet it will be harder to get into of course.

Just wanted to chime in. I got accepted to Western back in 2012 but declined. I decided to go to an out of state school which was not only much cheaper but also more highly ranked. Have you guys seen their tuition fees??? (Budget for Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) | Financial Aid) You're going to end up $226,843 in debt. It would take 8 years at my current salary to pay that off and I live very frugally, have roommates, drive a cheap car, etc. Thankfully I ended up with much less debt and it's going to take only a total of 4 years for me to pay mine off. And that's with my current salary too. We all know salaries are on a downward trend. There's a good chance we won't even be making above six figures by the time you guys graduate.
Agreed! Don't bother going to private schools, especially in Cali. You will end with at least $250,000 in debt post-graduation. UCSF Graduate here with $130,000 post-grad debt.

Of course my best recommendation is to not go to pharmacy school at all due to job saturation and declining salaries and opportunities. But if you're hellbent on becoming a pharmacist, I would go with the cheapest one. For example, University of Washington tuition after you become WA resident is considerably lower than Western and it's a top 10 school. Although I bet it will be harder to get into of course.

thank you for your advice! i know its becoming really saturated but tbh i don't know what else to do or what other major to choose. I'm gonna try for public schools but getting into them is much harder. Thank you!! :)

thank you for your advice! i know its becoming really saturated but tbh i don't know what else to do or what other major to choose. I'm gonna try for public schools but getting into them is much harder. Thank you!! :)
Why is it you don't know what else to do? There are multitudes of career choices out there. Out of all health care professions, pharmacy is the one with the most saturation, the slowest job growth, and fast decreasing salaries. Don't pick pharmacy unless you are so passionate about it you would rather be unemployed than not be a pharmacist. That's my advice