Western University of Health Sciences, College of Podiatric Medicine (WUCPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
70% on-time graduation rate for podiatry...is that normal? Or on the low side?

Members don't see this ad :)
70% on-time graduation rate for podiatry...is that normal? Or on the low side?

It's on the lower end; at most programs, it's in the 80s. If anyone is interviewing here, be sure to ask what the reason is and what the program is doing to fix it.

Reactions: 1 user
Has no one heard from WU yet? My application says its been sent to admissions but still waiting. Im nervous bc i had issues with uploading my POD lor, wondering if I should email them that its in the mail, literally.

Has no one heard from WU yet? My application says its been sent to admissions but still waiting. Im nervous bc i had issues with uploading my POD lor, wondering if I should email them that its in the mail, literally.
Also haven’t heard anything from WesternU, but I gave them a call and they said they received all my ****, just going through review now. In regards to your LOR, I wouldn’t worry too much. I believe most, if not all, pod schools will send out interviews before receiving a pod LOR. With that said, they’ll obviously require it before matriculation. Did you send your LOR directly or just to the AACPMAS portal?

Also haven’t heard anything from WesternU, but I gave them a call and they said they received all my ****, just going through review now. In regards to your LOR, I wouldn’t worry too much. I believe most, if not all, pod schools will send out interviews before receiving a pod LOR. With that said, they’ll obviously require it before matriculation. Did you send your LOR directly or just to the AACPMAS portal?

Well still no interview but they did receive my LOR. I sent it through interfolio as I was having issues uploading it directly to AACPMAS. Looks like my application is complete... now we wait

Reactions: 1 users
Well still no interview but they did receive my LOR. I sent it through interfolio as I was having issues uploading it directly to AACPMAS. Looks like my application is complete... now we wait
Now we wait indeed! Good luck! Is WesternU a top choice for you?

Hi!
I was just wondering how specific was everyone when answering the questions about “please share your thoughts” on the 3 topics, like diversity and inclusion, etc.
The character limit is 9999 so I’m little confused on how much to write. Maybe just a small paragraph?

Hi!
I was just wondering how specific was everyone when answering the questions about “please share your thoughts” on the 3 topics, like diversity and inclusion, etc.
The character limit is 9999 so I’m little confused on how much to write. Maybe just a small paragraph?

Are you sure the limit is 9999? That seems excessive. Is that for the application or secondary?

Hi!
I was planning to write as much as I can. Something near 400-500 words maybe? I do not know if this is an acceptable amount but I tried searching it on the forum but there does not seem to be any results.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure the limit is 9999? That seems excessive. Is that for the application or secondary?
Yeah it says 9999 characters. It’s in the specific program material section of the application
Edit: I just released that I’m talking about Samuel Merritt and not Western, my bad for posting in the wrong forum

Last edited:
Interviewing with western 9/15! Let me know if anyone here has interview experience with them.

Reactions: 2 users
Attending this school!! Hopefully I see some of you SDN peeps come august :)

Invited to interview today scheduled for 10/27.

2nd year at WesternU here and if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me!

2nd year at WesternU here and if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me!
Was going to PM you but it seems to restrict access for me??? But I can’t see your profile either, so maybe your settings on private? Or maybe I’m just dumb???? Equally likely.

It's on the lower end; at most programs, it's in the 80s. If anyone is interviewing here, be sure to ask what the reason is and what the program is doing to fix it.

Hey Second year gal here :) I noticed you guys had this question, since the graduating class of 2019, the college has implemented a huge curriculum change. Before the change in curriculum, there was really no "fail safes" before having to remediate classes, so now they have implemented some changes so that one bad test score on a bad week doesn't put students behind in curriculum like it used to. I also personally know of classmates that have had life dump on them, and the school has accommodated for them to take a leave of absence with the chance to come back the next year, I don't know if the other schools do this, but I know that this has meant a lot of peace of mind for my friends, unfortunately, that also affects the "on time" graduation rate. I'm happy to talk more to anyone with questions :)

Reactions: 3 users
I am currently a second year student at WUCPM. Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the school. I'd be happy to help!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone applied here without letter of recommendation from a podiatrist? I want to apply this cycle but can't seem to get any podiatrist to let me shadow.

Any peeps here thinking of applying for the Intensive Summer Anatomy Course??

How long does it take hear back after interview?

what is the turnaround time after submitting an application for this school? Do we get a rejection or just silent?

what is the turnaround time after submitting an application for this school? Do we get a rejection or just silent?
I received an II 2 days after I received a confirmation email saying that they received my application!

Another thing to look at is the retention rate. WesternU CPM had a retention rate of 92% for the class of 2023, 93% for 2022 and 95% for 2021. As well as WesternU has had a 100% residency placement every year since 2014.

Hi, newly minted second year student here from WesternU CPM to answer any questions anyone may have!

Hi, newly minted second year student here from WesternU CPM to answer any questions anyone may have!
Hey do you know what we need to purchase before class other than the material western suggest to buy online?

Hey do you know what we need to purchase before class other than the material western suggest to buy online?
hi aduuubacsi, it really depends on personal preference. what ever the school recommends you will need to have it and if i remember correctly, alot of it will be provided to you by them. is there any specific you wondering about?

hi aduuubacsi, it really depends on personal preference. what ever the school recommends you will need to have it and if i remember correctly, alot of it will be provided to you by them. is there any specific you wondering about?
Thank you for answering my question. One last thing regarding the iPad, do they send it to your home or you have to pick it up at school? Orientation start this coming Monday but haven't receive anything lol

Thank you for answering my question. One last thing regarding the iPad, do they send it to your home or you have to pick it up at school? Orientation start this coming Monday but haven't receive anything lol
You're welcome. Im glad i can help. Last year, since we started out being strictly online, it was mailed to us. But i think they will be handed out during orientation this year, since it's in person.

Anyone applied here without letter of recommendation from a podiatrist? I want to apply this cycle but can't seem to get any podiatrist to let me shadow.
You do need a letter of recommendation from a podiatrist in order to apply. I am currently a 2nd year student at WesternU CPM and When I was in undergrad I used the APMA Mentor Program Find a Mentor to find and contact podiatrists in the area where I lived. I also cold called doctors offices and asked if they allowed student shadowing. Hope this helps!