Western University of Health Sciences Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I've been reading SDN for a long time but this is my first post.
I got an interview in WU scheduled for September 8th. :D

I'm from NY and have never been to California. I'm very excited!
I'm wondering if anyone who has an interview on that date will want to meet up and do something the night before or the night after (depends on the flight time). I want to make the best of the trip and enjoy the time that I'm there. PM me if you are interested :)

I would also love a place to stay overnight and to hang out with someone local, maybe with current students there. PM me if this sounds like something you'd be up to.

Members don't see this ad.

PleaseMiami said:
I just scheduled my interview for Aug 29th! I'm excited, but also don't know what to expect! Does anyone have any advice on what they ask, or what to say/do?! Good luck to everyone!

I'll see you on the 29th

mine is sept 8th also. I definitely want to meet up. I'm booked my hotel at shilo and i'm meeting up with hemaoncodoc also.

NYmedgirl said:
Hey, I've been reading SDN for a long time but this is my first post.
I got an interview in WU scheduled for September 8th.

I'm from NY and have never been to California. I'm very excited!
I'm wondering if anyone who has an interview on that date will want to meet up and do something the night before or the night after (depends on the flight time). I want to make the best of the trip and enjoy the time that I'm there. PM me if you are interested :)

I would also love a place to stay overnight and to hang out with someone local, maybe with current students there. PM me if this sounds like something you'd be up to.

Members don't see this ad :)
rub1003 said:
mine is sept 8th also. I definitely want to meet up. I'm booked my hotel at shilo and i'm meeting up with hemaoncodoc also.
That's right, so join in! If only rub would get on aim once in awhile, then I'd know more...lol.

Im really jealous of all you interviewees....if only the schools I applied to started extending interviews.. :rolleyes: ... O wait, I prob have to turn the secondaries in first anyway :smuggrin:

Anybody else there on AUG 24 ? I know miasapearl and I are, but how about the rest of you?

Will any current students from WUCOM be on campus on September 7th?
It will be Friday and few of us are looking to hang out with some locals.
Common, guys, show us around :love: please

it will be fun, i promise :)

Does anybody know where we can get some feedback on last year's COMP interviews?

What things were asked, atmosphere, feelings etc?

ScootDoc said:
Does anybody know where we can get some feedback on last year's COMP interviews?

What things were asked, atmosphere, feelings etc?

check out the student doctor network interview feedback - there is a link on the home page sidebar :thumbup:

I'm not quite sure if I missed this, but has anyone gotten an interview after their secondary was completed (ie. not the interview + secondary in one email scenario) and if so how long did you wait till you got a response?

And Good luck to all the interviewees! knock em dead!

ScootDoc said:
DoctorNick83 said:
Hi future DO's,

I was just curious to see how many other SDNers got an invitation to Western U.[/QUOTE

HEY GUYS....I'M A FIRST TIME SDNer, BUT I THOUGHT I'D LET YOU ALL KNOW I'M AT COMP ON THURSDAY 8/24 ANYBODY ELSE????? :thumbup:

heyy.. this is my first time.. i've actually been trying to figure out how to log on for the longest time. :scared:

anyway, i have an interview at western on the 24th too!!! where are you staying??? i'm at the shilo inn

Hey guys! Good luck on the interviews, that's awesome that you got interviews early! To those of you out there who are still waiting, don't be discouraged, I didn't interview until the end of March!

Don't stress about the interview, the faculty just want to get to know you well enough to present to the admission committee.

As far as dressing, be professional! We don't have to be business casual for class, except for one of them, as was mentioned earlier. When I interviewed, I wore a suit, and so did every single other girl that was there. I didn't get any ethical questions, but be prepared to explain any blips in your academic record, in a logical way. They didn't ask me about mine specifically, but I know they liked that I brought it up and explained myself...I asked my interviewer after I became a student :)

Again, good luck and PM me if you have any more questions!!

Yeah, congrats and good luck to all of you. The faculty here is very nice. Don't stress out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else on the Sept. 8th?

Any current students know of a place to stay other than hotels? Please let me know.
thanks

NYmedgirl said:
Anyone else on the Sept. 8th?

Any current students know of a place to stay other than hotels? Please let me know.
thanks

When you're invited for an interview, you'll be given a list of current students (host) and you can stay at their place if you want to. Unfortunately, I live far from the campus (30 mins), otherwise, any of you can stay at my place.

NewNick said:
When you're invited for an interview, you'll be given a list of current students (host) and you can stay at their place if you want to. Unfortunately, I live far from the campus (30 mins), otherwise, any of you can stay at my place.
Really? I didn't receive a list like that. I think I've been excluded!

HemaOncoDoc said:
Really? I didn't receive a list like that. I think I've been excluded!

I get that list either.

NewNick said:
If you read this link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=307188 , notice that the second year having exam on that Monday, so they won't host you guys. The admin just sent out an email to ask the first year students to host. That's why they don't have the list yet.
Ah I see. It could be problematic for some of us since we'll be interviewing in early September, but that's a good policy for those interviewing later. :)

I got the interview invite Friday...day before my MCAT retake :) I called the school with couple questions & the lady I spoke to was very helpful. I'm excited to see what the school's like. I'll be calling back Monday to schedule the exact interview time. I'm thinking I may opt for early october (email said they are scheduling for mid-late sept right now). I'm not a CA resident & I may be visiting another school in early october...so trying to combine the trip. What do you guys think?

jillibean said:
Any current students have ideas of things to do/see while we are in Pomona?

Where are you coming in from? Pomona is so inland off the 10 freeway east, its known as the "Inland Empire." If you have time, go visit West Los Angeles or Santa Monica Beach. Its about 30 miles from Pomona, also off the 10 freeway west.

KealaQ,
from Los Angeles

Congrats on on the interview invites! I'm flyin down on the 7th going to stay with a friend and he's going to show me around to all the good haunts after the interview. It'll be my first interview...I'm stoked! Check out my MDapplicants if you want my EC, MCATs etc.

Been looking at people's posts for some time now. It'll be nice to put some names to faces.

hamiltong said:
Congrats on on the interview invites! I'm flyin down on the 7th going to stay with a friend and he's going to show me around to all the good haunts after the interview. It'll be my first interview...I'm stoked! Check out my MDapplicants if you want my EC, MCATs etc.

Been looking at people's posts for some time now. It'll be nice to put some names to faces.
Hey, see you there. :thumbup:

Hey Guys,

I also have an interview. I have a question or two for those who are all set to go. I will be flying, and was wondering what airport or airports you guys are flying into. How do you plan to get from the airport to the school. Where are you staying? Do they give you an information packet with this info in at after scheduling your interview? I can't find any of this info anywhere. Thanks.

VirusZapper said:
Hey Guys,

I also have an interview. I have a question or two for those who are all set to go. I will be flying, and was wondering what airport or airports you guys are flying into. How do you plan to get from the airport to the school. Where are you staying? Do they give you an information packet with this info in at after scheduling your interview? I can't find any of this info anywhere. Thanks.

Hey,

If you want to stay close to the school, I'd say your best bet is Ontario. Prices seem to be cheaper and you don't have to deal with all of the SoCal traffic. I'm stayin with a friend, so I can't give you much in the way for that, but you should check the interview feedback for some ideas.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview/

FMR1 said:
I'm not quite sure if I missed this, but has anyone gotten an interview after their secondary was completed (ie. not the interview + secondary in one email scenario) and if so how long did you wait till you got a response?

And Good luck to all the interviewees! knock em dead!

anyone?

VirusZapper said:
Hey Guys,

It was one of the attachments within the email that I received with the secondary application.

munchkin910 said:
Anyone interviewing on 9/25?

I will be interviewing on Monday, 9/25.

KealaQ

I'll be there too on Thursday, unfortunately my interview isn't unti 3 pm.

HEY GUYS....I'M A FIRST TIME SDNer, BUT I THOUGHT I'D LET YOU ALL KNOW I'M AT COMP ON THURSDAY 8/24 ANYBODY ELSE????? :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

munchkin910 said:
Anyone interviewing on 9/25?

i have 9/25 as well.
i'm looking for people to maybe split hotel room with and hang out before or after the interview.

i haven't booked flight yet but i'm thinking of flying out on sun and leaving mon cuz of work.