This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted322754

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys,

i'm trying to figure out a back up plan if i don't get in this cycle and came across western's medical sciences 1 yr. master's program. on their website, it says they offer a direct linkage to their dental school, but i'm not sure. has anyone done this program and successfully gotten into western dent.? any feedback would be great. thanks!

to me, it looks like theyre shoving like 8 classes per semester down your throat to get it done in 12 mths. did u see their schedule?

not to mention, its 1 yr but it still thesis based.

to me, it looks like theyre shoving like 8 classes per semester down your throat to get it done in 12 mths. did u see their schedule?

What better way to get ready for dental school? If you think that is "shoving it down your throat" I think you are going to have your eyes opened if you get into dental school. To the OP, yes I know a guy who got accepted from the masters program. I don't know him well but he was a lab TA for gross anatomy. He told me the program was tough but very doable and he was excited to know that he was going to be entering dental school the next year. That is pretty much all I know about the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
What better way to get ready for dental school? If you think that is "shoving it down your throat" I think you are going to have your eyes opened if you get into dental school. To the OP, yes I know a guy who got accepted from the masters program. I don't know him well but he was a lab TA for gross anatomy. He told me the program was tough but very doable and he was excited to know that he was going to be entering dental school the next year. That is pretty much all I know about the program.

Was your friend's GPA pretty high after the heavy courseload?

Well like I said, I only talked to him 4 or 5 times during gross anatomy lab so I have no idea what his gpa is but he said he was doing good in his classes and he will definitely do well his first year in dental school because of the program. I can try and find him on campus but I haven't seen him for a while. As to the question of if I like the school, absolutely I do. I am sure the majority of students like the school they attend. I do have to say that while we have some amazing faculty and facilities and the curriculum is very challenging, what makes it for me are my classmates. We all get along really well and we have a lot of fun together. I am still amazed at everyone's cooperation with each other and their willingness to help each other succeed. Also living in southern California is awesome. There is so much to do and the weather is awesome.

as to the question of if i like the school, absolutely i do. I am sure the majority of students like the school they attend. I do have to say that while we have some amazing faculty and facilities and the curriculum is very challenging, what makes it for me are my classmates. We all get along really well and we have a lot of fun together. I am still amazed at everyone's cooperation with each other and their willingness to help each other succeed. Also living in southern california is awesome. There is so much to do and the weather is awesome.

+1

Is there a cutoff point? Meaning does his GPA and DAT score have to be a certain amount or else he/she won't be accepted into the Dental program automatically? Thanks

when is the deadline to apply to the masters program

Look on the website

So there wasn't anything on the site saying there is a guaranteed linkage. Is this one of those "unofficial" linkages? Also, that masters program is EXPENSIVE!