Western University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview today at Western. I was thoroughly impressed by their presentation. They definitively sell the school better than USC. The essay was very straightforward and the interview went well. I love the setup of their classrooms (hexagonal) and the fact that they have scholarship opportunities.They said we should hear back in 2 weeks. Also, they have added another interview date for March I believe.

Ah that's good you decided to go to Western's interview! Yes! When I went I really liked their presentation which I found pretty informative and they were pretty enthusiastic! :)

They're also got back to me pretty quick too! So when they said you'll hear back in three weeks that's when I heard back from them.

Members don't see this ad.

i declined my offer of admission. good luck to all that are waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
As of right now, no where. I wanted to defer it for a year, unfortunately they told me I can't defer it. So, I will apply again next year.

Just if anyone is wondering I contacted Western about the ISP and they did accept it. And there is no deadline to enroll for ISP and classes never fill up. So if you need prerequisite and can't get in anywhere I suggest that ISP someone brought up earlier!

Has anybody that was placed on "hold" after the January 26, interview been accepted or received some letter for change of status- alternate or reject ?

Has anybody that was placed on "hold" after the January 26, interview been accepted or received some letter for change of status- alternate or reject ?

dying off the list over here

Anyone knows who makes the final decisions?

Last edited:
i am dying to find out about how my interview went for 2/23! do you guys know how important the essay portion is? The more I think about it, I don't think i wrote enough =[:eek::scared::(

Does anybody know what the chances are for people on Hold? I had my interview January 26, and still no updates.. :/ Is there a ranking for people on Hold??

Has anybody on hold got off the list or had a status change??

Does anybody know what the chances are for people on Hold? I had my interview January 26, and still no updates.. :/ Is there a ranking for people on Hold??

Has anybody on hold got off the list or had a status change??

Honestly, the ONLY thing you can do is wait. From what the others are saying, there is another interview that is scheduled. With that being said, everything will have to wait until that is done.

Hello

I have accepted my offer to WesternU.

For those of you who were also accepted, feel free to contact me here. I would love to get to know my upcoming fellow classmates!!!

For those of you who are still waiting, GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
i am dying to find out about how my interview went for 2/23! do you guys know how important the essay portion is? The more I think about it, I don't think i wrote enough =[:eek::scared::(

Don't worry about the writing portion. Its just to see if you can put words together. If you did great on the interview you should be fine. :thumbup:

I have been accepted to a few schools. I was wondering what advantages are their to Western from a student perspective?

Thank you.

Last edited:
go with western. you will not regret. i know from the fact and i and my friends done lots of investigation about the schools. i also got into western and am so excited

I have a question for current students.

I have been accepted to a few schools. My top two are Loma Linda and Western. I was wondering what advantages are their to Western besides not having to comply with religious rules and activities.

Please help!!! Thank you. :boom:

You got it.

Advantages. I personally do NOT know what Loma Linda is like and by no means can I say western is better or worse. What I DO like about western, we are a very tight knit school. What I love about the program here is how our building/COP is set up for pharmacy students. P1 students have their own room and so do P2s and P3s which is specifically reserved for each class. In other words, P1s, P2s and P3s all have their own dedicated room that is reserved for them everyday. However, you may think that because each graduating class has their own room each graduating class may be segregated from one another, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Because of the way that the the COP building is, it is impossible to come to school and not see P2s/P3s as a P1. The way that the school is set up also allows you to get very involved with everyone in the school while getting to know each other well.

The student body at WesternU is very involved, which is a GREAT aspect to the school. Each time I open up and check my email, there is always some kind of PHARMACY RELATED club event going on every week, such as mixers, round tables, health fairs, etc. and I am not going to lie, sometimes it becomes very hard to keep up on how many different events there are each week. The staff is also involved. The professors/teachers/PharmD-facilitator/how-ever-you-want-to-look-at-it have come into our class during break and given us small updates on what legislative things, which are independent of our class, are going in pharmacy which will either hurt or make our profession better. But more importantly they tell us what we can do and how we can get involved and advocate for pharmacy.

I think amidst all of this, sometimes people forget to really ask about how upper classmen treat the lower classmen. As a P1, the P2s and P3s have been more than friendly to us, in fact they helped us adjust to the school during the first few weeks. From the start, the P2s made a sign up sheet to pair a P1 with a P2 mentor. After being assigned, we could email them, talk to them in person and ask them whatever we wanted when we needed help. The students genuinely care about one another.

Another thing that is a positive about Western is their use of OSCEs. I have heard from a friend that pharmacists are impressed with the fact that western students have a little more counseling experience because of them. A USC student had even commented that he wished his school did more OSCEs like Westernu does.

That's what I can think of right now off the top of my head. Ask me more specific questions if you have any and I can answer them for you, nooo prooobllemmmm

Last edited:
Thanks. My interview was in january I believe. I cant remember. But they contacted me exactly 3 weeks after the interview.

I received my acceptance via email around 1130am today

n0thingtolo3 & chocopai... were you guys in the 2/23 interview? if so, were you in the 730 am or 930 am group?

Congrats! I was in the 730 am group. Maybe this means I didn't get in =[ sad

Thanks yukira. Best of luck to those still waiting.

I got placed on hold after 2/23 interview and I thought I did well.this sucks:confused:

I am on hold too. . I thought i nailed the interview! Hopefully we will get in lalalala

I haven't heard anything at all and I interviewed 2/23. I called Tuesday and they said I should get an email Tues or Wed -_- It's now the end of the business day on Thursday pretty much. sigh...

I am also on hold, I thought I did well during the interview. I know four other people that was interviewed on 2/23 are also on Hold. I feel like majority of the people during Feb interviews are placed on Hold until they are all done with March interviews.

I have interview on march 30. Does anyone else have interview on same date? What kind of questions they ask at the interview?

I advise you to look at the responses from the interview feedback section under "Articles & Interviews" tab at the top of the page. All potential questions are already listed in that page.
As for the interview itself, it's very casual. They want to know what kind of person you are so just answer truthfully.
Best of luck to you.

Has anybody who interviewed prior to 2/23 received an update regarding their "hold" status?

:confused: Has anyone that interviewed on 2/23 not heard anything back?

ACCEPTED!!!! But probably declining since they took so long and I already paid my other deposit. I'm going to think about it tonight. I don't have another $500 at the moment....

ACCEPTED!!!! But probably declining since they took so long and I already paid my other deposit. I'm going to think about it tonight. I don't have another $500 at the moment....

congrats! where will you be attending instead? :)

i'm still on hold from the december interview, and i haven't received any updates since january. sighh. i'm pretty bummed, since western is my first choice.

congrats! Where will you be attending instead? :)

i'm still on hold from the december interview, and i haven't received any updates since january. Sighh. I'm pretty bummed, since western is my first choice.
usc!! :)

Does anyone here know of any good places to find rooms around Western?

Or perhaps knows of anyone looking for a roommate?

Please message me if you do. THANKS!

Dose anyone in IPBP program hear any news?

thank you~ Pharmacyxx17
by the way, could you tell how is you IA exam?
IA exam score 162.. and yours? I am checking my email like every hour to see if I recieved any email from Western..lol

Hi anyone from March 30 interview received an email ?