Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't believe it. I got an ii :)

Scheduled for October 10 or 26. Now waiting for the confirmation to know which date I'm on.

I'm so excited.

congrats dude

Members don't see this ad.

I got an II for Lebanon, but nothing from Pomona.

You think since I put lebanon as my first choice--I'm screwed for Pomona?

I know of at least one student who was interviewed and accepted at Pomona after doing an interview at Lebanon. However, I'm fairly certain that the student put Pomona as his first choice.

It's 2 hours away from me so I'm gonna make the drive on over there. What about you?

Wow, where are you heading from? :eek: Luckily it's about a 30 minute drive for me.

I am. I'll be dead tired since I get off work at 1:30am

Hopefully you can sneak in a quick nap so you won't feel too tired :oops:

I'm so excited right now, haha. See you guys tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is wearing a suit important, or will wearing a shirt and tie suffice? (For the preview day)

Is wearing a suit important, or will wearing a shirt and tie suffice? (For the preview day)

I hope it's not that formal... I'm not planning on wearing a whole suit, maybe just suit pants and a shirt or something

I applied the first week of July. It still is in processing stage. How long does that take before getting verified and sent to the schools? Feeling anxious. Any thoughts?

Just got back from the preview day. I liked it. I got lots of info from it that (hopefully) help me prepare for the interview. I'm in love with this school.

Their stats went up a little. GPAs 3.5ish (non-science gpa is close to 3.7) and MCAT is still 28. They received 5000ish application last year, interviewed 605, and admitted 220. After the presentation I asked the recruiter if she knew how many were accepted, but she didn't know.

Just got back from the preview day. I liked it. I got lots of info from it that (hopefully) help me prepare for the interview. I'm in love with this school.

Their stats went up a little. GPAs 3.5ish (non-science gpa is close to 3.7) and MCAT is still 28. They received 5000ish application last year, interviewed 605, and admitted 220. After the presentation I asked the recruiter if she knew how many were accepted, but she didn't know.

Thanks for the info!!

does the secondary prompt about community service include both medically related and non-medically related, or is it only non-medically related?

Agreed! The preview day was extremely helpful, especially the Q&A session with the med school students. After attending today, I feel that this is definitely my top choice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the next preview day?
December maybe??!

Got my complete email yesterday. I know I am a little late but I am still excited!

does the secondary prompt about community service include both medically related and non-medically related, or is it only non-medically related?

I discussed non-medical. It's your choice.

Secondary submitted
Waiting begins....
What's the average time if hearing back?

is the interview hard here? also who going sep 12th?

I'll be going up Sept. 12th! I have no idea if it's hard. I've never actually had a legitimate interview...so we'll see how this goes.

I think that in previous years about half of interviewees were eventually offered admission.

At the preview day last week, they mentioned that they interviewed 605 applicants and matriculated 220. That's 36%. I'm sure they need to accept a lot more than they enroll, especially that the school is within 50 miles of 5 MD schools and that (I assume) a good portion of their applicants are gunning for MD.

Whatever it is, I hope I'm among the blessed ones who get accepted.

At the preview day last week, they mentioned that they interviewed 605 applicants and matriculated 220. That's 36%. I'm sure they need to accept a lot more than they enroll, especially that the school is within 50 miles of 5 MD schools and that (I assume) a good portion of their applicants are gunning for MD.

Under the FAQs section on their websites it says the interviewed 605 applicants and accepted ~400, like 2/3 get accepted! So if we get interviews we have a good chance of being accepted!

Under the FAQs section on their websites it says the interviewed 605 applicants and accepted ~400, like 2/3 get accepted! So if we get interviews we have a good chance of being accepted!

Man, that's really good to hear! Here's to hoping!

+1 fingers crossed!!

under the faqs section on their websites it says the interviewed 605 applicants and accepted ~400, like 2/3 get accepted! So if we get interviews we have a good chance of being accepted!

+1

Happy Memorial Day to all!!! :)
Looool @ Uh Oh
OMG I don't know how I wrote Memorial Day
Labor Day of course!!! ;)

Last edited:
just withdrew and interview spot for sept 28th open. best of luck everyone!!

How are you guys prepping for MMI's?? also do we get a timer during the session?

anyone get the "missing application materials" email but have submitted everything and everything shows on the portal? it says it could take 5-10 days but everything is on there

anyone get the "missing application materials" email but have submitted everything and everything shows on the portal? it says it could take 5-10 days but everything is on there

I got that email initially as well. There's probably a delay

How are you guys prepping for MMI's?? also do we get a timer during the session?

You stay in the room until the time is up, at which point an announcement is made and the interview stops.

Don't prep for MMI's. Again, just try to be compassionate and don't try to make up facts. Just like in real life.

Those who have II's, can you please list the date you were complete and the date you received an II?

Secondary submitted 7/17
'Ready for review' 7/29
II 8/21

Thanks. A week from today on 12 Sept. Really psyched, didn't think I had a chance here.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? :) And anyone else who got an interview invitation please share also!! Thank you haha the waiting game is so stressful

any chances for a 3.8 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA and 26 MCAT? OOS and not URM...complete 9/1

any chances for a 3.8 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA and 26 MCAT? OOS and not URM...complete 9/1

Similar stats to you. I think the EC's may play a part here. My essays for the secondary were some of the best I've written this cycle and I put a lot into them, so I think that may have helped too. Good luck everyone.

Is anybody else doing Lebanon only? I only ask because the Lebanon specific thread has nobody posting in it. For those that did preview day, did they talk about the Northwest track at all?